Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2013, 03:48 PM

52,271 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

This thread topic doesn't even register in my mind.... neither sex has a monopoly on hobbies.....

Old 12-15-2013, 03:52 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Baking isn't a hobby? What do you call baking as a way of gift-giving whether it's for Christmas or just because it's Monday? Cookies definitely do not keep a family fed.
That's kind of a grey area. Baking includes more than pies and cookies, but ok. But still, there's a tendency to view cooking as a hobby when men do it, but as "homemaking" when a woman does it. idk. But I think the earlier poster didn't have a clear idea of what a hobby is. Shopping isn't so much a hobby as a pastime. And what's "pinterest"??

Old 12-15-2013, 03:55 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,430,926 times
Some sorta social media site, Ruth.

https://www.pinterest.com/

Old 12-15-2013, 04:02 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times
Most of my hobbies are "guy" hobbies. I enjoy the sh*t out of playing video games. I've clocked in over 15 hours in the past four days. Yay me! Video games, comic books, going to the movies (I go weekly), writing, reading, debating, kissing, movies (all things fantasy, action, sci-fi, epic, suspense/thriller -- I am a cinephile), conventions for geeks/nerds, studying, dining out, amusement parts, photography (I used to be a photographer), cuddling (is that a hobby)?

I do enjoy baking, which I regard as a hobby. Most of my active hobbies include the really geeky (gaming, movies, TV shows) or really nerdy things (like writing, reading and debating).

Old 12-15-2013, 04:11 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Most of my hobbies are "guy" hobbies. I enjoy the sh*t out of playing video games. I've clocked in over 15 hours in the past four days. Yay me! Video games, comic books, going to the movies (I go weekly), writing, reading, debating, kissing, movies (all things fantasy, action, sci-fi, epic, suspense/thriller -- I am a cinephile), conventions for geeks/nerds, studying, dining out, amusement parts, photography (I used to be a photographer), cuddling (is that a hobby)?

I do enjoy baking, which I regard as a hobby. Most of my active hobbies include the really geeky (gaming, movies, TV shows) or really nerdy things (like writing, reading and debating).
Even I can't do that. and I'm a man.

Old 12-15-2013, 04:11 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,033,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
I know a girl who would call her boyfriend and ask him "Do you love me? how come you don't say it very often? ". Out of nothing, it's not like they were fighting, it was just some random question she asked. She would sit in a room in front of the mirror for hours with her cell phone in her hand waiting for her now husband to call her. The thing with those girls though is that in my opinion they tend to be better wives because their man is the center of their world and men do appreciate that kind of devotion.
Fembot

*yuck*

I'm devoted to my mate of ~30 years, but my mind would turn to mush if all I ever did is concentrate on Spouse's needs. He'd probably find me quite boring, as well.

Old 12-15-2013, 04:19 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,804,827 times
Didn't read the whole thread but I am a woman and have hobbies. The big one being diving (scuba diving... I mostly like diving wrecks and am working on learning decompression diving next. I am a master diver and Nitrox certified and just finished intro to tech and Tri-mix). It's very male dominated, but I am far from the only one on a boat (unless it's a 6-pack or something, then, maybe). I am saving to go to Truk Lagoon someday (where the WW2 Japanese fleet rests).

After that my hobbies taper off into more tame things like hiking, camping, volunteering with the Scouts, baking, reading, playing PnP RPGs, and collecting antique cut glass. I also used to do coin collecting and keep thinking I need to get back in it.

I'd do more, but I am also a single mom and work full time and that takes up the bulk of my time

Last edited by jillabean; 12-15-2013 at 04:25 PM.. Reason: typo that was bugging me

Old 06-30-2014, 05:45 PM

422 posts, read 757,083 times
Nothing like an "old revived thread" and this ones good...

ofcourse all you women with hobbies are going to chime in....if only
you could speak for all the women with no hobbies....now that's a thread...

anyways just got off the phone with a friend whose wife has "0" hobbies

really? in 2014 you cant find not one thing that interests you....well

Old 06-30-2014, 05:49 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
My first bf has 0 hobbies. He discovered he enjoyed cooking, though. So I convinced him that that was a hobby. So he then had 1 official hobby.

Old 06-30-2014, 06:04 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
I used to play video games (they got too complicated). Now I occasionally play casual games, and I love to go to the old school arcade. Where you can play pole position, street fighter, and mortal kombat! And air hockey!

Otherwise, these days? Hobbies are stuff like going on tours (city tours, food tours), going to museums, reading, board games, and card games. I like tennis, never seem to find the right partner.

But even thought the OP is like 100 years old, it sounds like your girlfriend didn't have an independent interests or a social circle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships