Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2016, 04:03 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,050,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Also note that in the Northeast women become single very late in their lives like after 35.

Smart women! That's a sign of a well educated career woman. Perfect.

Old 07-21-2016, 06:36 AM

733 posts, read 604,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Smart women and fertile women are mutually exclusive? I don't expect old women to reproduce.

Old 07-21-2016, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayesian View Post
Smart women and fertile women are mutually exclusive? I don't expect old women to reproduce.
I never mentioned old women, did I? I only know one woman that had kids pre 30. The vast majority waited until 35+. Most wisely wait until their educations are done (usually at least a masters) and they're in a good spot in their careers and then have found the right person to marry. Plenty young enough.

Old 07-21-2016, 08:32 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,457,528 times
Quote:
Also note that in the Northeast women become single very late in their lives like after 35.
Quote:
I took Bronx's comment to mean that women in the NE marry early and divorce (hence "become single") in their 30's.

Quote:
Quote:
I never mentioned old women, did I?
Remember your audience. This is CD-R, where an "old woman" is anyone over the age of 30. Or is it 25 this week?

Old 07-21-2016, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
I took Bronx's comment to mean that women in the NE marry early and divorce (hence "become single") in their 30's.
That doesn't make sense though since the Northeast has like the highest median age of first marriage.

But of course the ones that did marry young tend to get divorced in their 30s, it happens when people marry as children before they're both developed mentally and emotionally.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:10 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,322,134 times
Quote:

Remember your audience. This is CD-R, where an "old woman" is anyone over the age of 30. Or is it 25 this week?
30 isn't even old.

Old 07-21-2016, 03:36 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,081,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
30 isn't even old.

For lots of women in the Northeast, 30 is the new 20.

Quote:
Very true. Educated women in the Northeast tend to marry very late, and at times start family late. Same can be said for educated men such as myself.

Quote:

Some women do not marry at all, they are seeing someone, or in a relationship, but marriage proposal never happen. Most folks that I know of either are single moms and marry later in their lives when their children are grown up, or educated/career driven women who get married after the age of 35. The ones who get married before 30 are the ones that end up becoming divorced.

Quote:
That doesn't make sense though since the Northeast has like the highest median age of first marriage.

But of course the ones that did marry young tend to get divorced in their 30s, it happens when people marry as children before they're both developed mentally and emotionally.
Correct. Like I said before folks here get married late and not early as compared to other parts of the country. Educated/Career driven women get married late due to focus on career. Than you have non-career working women, welfare types, single moms dating the same type of knuckleheads who never married, and have their own family. These women get married late as well when their kids are almost grown. Its very rare seeing a young marriage, unless if they are from a certain ethnic group or a poor income strata.

Their is a book called Dateonomics. The book explains why so many women are single in the Northeast. Their are lots of single, good, eligible men in the Northeast, however for majority of women in the Northeast, (drum-role please). Some men do not measure up in scale due to not having a career, or not being educated, and for lower income women then men are not physically attractive enough. On the educated scale, their are not enough educated white men for most educated white, black and Asian women who moved to the Northeast in recent years. These women want a man that is equally matched or better. The men who are "masters of the universe" know their worth and will not marry such women, sex yes and date yes, but not to marry. The educated woman that has her career, that is a grammar-Nazi, and that has traveled everywhere from an riding an Elephant in Thailand, to a humpback Camel in Timbuktu will have to marry a man that is lesser than them. Educated women tend to hold out for a man longer than non-educated/career types who area always have a man. Before you know it these educated/career type women are over 40 and single. I see this stuff all the time in NYC. All I do is laugh, and shake my head.

Back to the data table. No single women in the Northeast do not outnumber single men. Lots of men in the Northeast either pack up and move somewhere else, single women if she got married young, becomes divorced, these women never marry again. Or you have a serial dating single mom who never married. Their are millions of women like this in the Northeast from my experience and observation. Also men tend to die at a young age, men are in prison and other factors that makes it appear that their are more single women than single men. Most women in the Northeast become single in their 30s after a nice divorce, or break up from serial dating that never amounted to anything. What good man who has their heads on their shoulders, in their right mind will marry such women in these parts of the country vs the forgiving Bible Belt?

Old 07-21-2016, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Before you know it these educated/career type women are over 40 and single. I see this stuff all the time in NYC. All I do is laugh, and shake my head.

I see it to, but you know, so many of the dudes on here think I live in a fantasy land when I say there are non married professional single childless women all over the place. They think I'm lying. I have no idea where these people are living, but I'm glad I'm not there.

What I don't do is shake my head because there is nothing wrong with it, and plenty of them don't want to get married and never wanted to have children either. It's perfectly fine.

Being a fairly well educated (masters) professional guy in my 40s its a great place to date.

Old 07-21-2016, 04:12 PM

102,255 posts, read 108,238,692 times
Quote:
35-year-old women aren't "old", and many of them reproduce. Not sure why you have a problem with that....?

Old 07-21-2016, 04:14 PM

102,255 posts, read 108,238,692 times
Quote:
I see it to, but you know, so many of the dudes on here think I live in a fantasy land when I say there are non married professional single childless women all over the place. They think I'm lying. I have no idea where these people are living, but I'm glad I'm not there.

What I don't do is shake my head because there is nothing wrong with it, and plenty of them don't want to get married and never wanted to have children either. It's perfectly fine.

Being a fairly well educated (masters) professional guy in my 40s its a great place to date.
So true. I think a lot of those guys are in the mid-west and the South. It's like a different country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships