Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 08:09 AM

1,452 posts, read 3,172,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by That-Guy View Post
HAHA, no kidding. Just as I'm about to move to San Diego.
Take me with you???

Old 08-06-2009, 08:30 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,646,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imalert View Post
I noticed the same thing too!
While living in the DC Metropolitan area, I notice that there are way more women here than men. This is probably why many hardworking, single, attractive women like myself are still single.

When it comes to finding a good, single man in this area, your odds are just like the odds of winning the "Power Ball Lottery" because there is a huge gap in the male to female ratio. Men in the eastern cities seem to take advantage of this male shortage because 90 percent of my friends from this area admitted to being cheated on by their spouses.
Yet another reason I'm moving to DC.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:44 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,861,281 times
Could it have anything to do with the military? No, no, no I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I just noticed when I lived in the East a lot of men were active in the Army and Air Force or else they were in the National Guard units. There's a number of bases I know of like in NC, SC, TN, VA. So maybe a lot of men have been shipped off to Iraq and Afganistan? I don't notice many men in the Southwest interested in military, have only known maybe two people who had Guardsmen in their family from out here. Just a thought...

But seriously though it seems to me at least in this Arizona town there are way more women both young college age and babyboomer age than there are men. All but two of my female friends are single. And there's a bunch of single young ladies at my apartment complex.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:56 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,412,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtneer View Post
Could it have anything to do with the military? No, no, no I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I just noticed when I lived in the East a lot of men were active in the Army and Air Force or else they were in the National Guard units. There's a number of bases I know of like in NC, SC, TN, VA. So maybe a lot of men have been shipped off to Iraq and Afganistan? I don't notice many men in the Southwest interested in military, have only known maybe two people who had Guardsmen in their family from out here. Just a thought...

But seriously though it seems to me at least in this Arizona town there are way more women both young college age and babyboomer age than there are men. All but two of my female friends are single. And there's a bunch of single young ladies at my apartment complex.
Where in AZ are you? Here in Tucson, we have Davis Monthan air force base and then various army training sites around town and then ft. Huachuca 1 hour away or so...almost everyone I know has a connection to the military, myself included. Texas also has a lot of military bases, as well as Californian (San diego, Monterey, Fairfield up north) so I don't think the military has much to do with it since the bases are pretty evenly spread out throughout the country.

I think it has a lot to do with the industries out west. I'm not sure what's out east (haven't lived in NY since I was 7 years old), but aren't there a lot of female friendly jobs out east and a lot of male friendly jobs out west? and then absolutely nothing in the middle of the country? lol

Old 04-22-2010, 11:58 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,861,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
Where in AZ are you? Here in Tucson, we have Davis Monthan air force base and then various army training sites around town and then ft. Huachuca 1 hour away or so...almost everyone I know has a connection to the military, myself included. Texas also has a lot of military bases, as well as Californian (San diego, Monterey, Fairfield up north) so I don't think the military has much to do with it since the bases are pretty evenly spread out throughout the country.

I think it has a lot to do with the industries out west. I'm not sure what's out east (haven't lived in NY since I was 7 years old), but aren't there a lot of female friendly jobs out east and a lot of male friendly jobs out west? and then absolutely nothing in the middle of the country? lol
I'm in Flagstaff. Guess it depends on which part of state you are in. Up here most of the jobs are office setting so more like women jobs though plenty of men do them. Man jobs like construction and landscaping all go to immigrant male workers. There's no mining and very little factory work. Actually there's just not much work up here period.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:34 AM

1,237 posts, read 3,449,870 times
Just add it to the list of reasons I should have moved to Denver. Next time, next time.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:49 AM

153 posts, read 237,497 times
I'll tell my single friends where to vacation next

Old 04-23-2010, 05:15 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,269,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonnyj View Post
Does anyone notice the shortage in the number of available men in the eastern cities & the surplus of available men in the western cities?
I wonder what could be the cause for this?

YouTube - Diana Ross - I'm Coming Out

Perhaps? Metro all the way to a-go-go is way more attractive than the nonny-no-no?

Old 04-23-2010, 06:12 AM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,171,522 times
men dont wanna compete with me so they move to the opposite side of the country. this has been proven fact by smart science people

Old 04-23-2010, 10:26 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,646,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonnyj View Post
Does anyone notice the shortage in the number of available men in the eastern cities & the surplus of available men in the western cities?
I wonder what could be the cause for this?
The disparity doesn't take into account age as this map shows.

The New, Interactive Singles Map. Or, Looking for Love in All the Statistically Wrong Places.

If you don't look at age, eastern cities have more single women and western cities have more single men. But once you factor in age, the picture changes. I'm a single male in my 30s. If I limit my search to people in their 30s, eastern cities don't look any better than western cities. According to this map, the only cities that would still have a significantly favorable male-to-female ratio would be Fayetteville, Huntsville, Montgomery, El Paso, and Memphis, none of which I'd ever want to live in. But at least I know things'll get better when I'm in my 40s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships