Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2011, 05:08 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,412,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, here's a solution. All the unattached single women get in their cars and start driving west. All the unattached men get in their cars and start driving east.

They all meet up in Kansas and Nebraska and have one bitchin' party. How's THAT for an idea?
haha, I already live here in the west and all the men were smart, brought their wives/gf's with them.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:56 PM

97 posts, read 161,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
Basically, especially for DC, the city that everyone claims that is "so great!" It might be a city where someone can being their career, but in the dating scene, unless you're at the top of your career, at a significant point, or have a wealthy background beforehand, you're prospects for women, even those on the same level, are out of reach.
I don't know what women you are trying to take out, but I think any guy in the city with a decent career has a chance. Most of my friends never have a problem having a date or two every week and getting numbers when we go out on a Friday night.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:24 AM

1,543 posts, read 2,997,036 times
You know for a city like NYC. You have to ask yourself how many of those women are just happy being single? If they are good looking and smart what is the point on marrying a guy when you have your pick? I could not ever be in a city like NYC. The women and men are just far too promiscuous; its almost as bad as places where people marry young and don't separate.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:36 PM

4,669 posts, read 4,982,604 times
As always, Chicago is the best. Lots of single chicks, like the East Coast cities, with the added bonus that you don't actually have to live on the East Coast!

Old 01-27-2011, 08:34 PM

968 posts, read 2,618,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, here's a solution. All the unattached single women get in their cars and start driving west. All the unattached men get in their cars and start driving east.

They all meet up in Kansas and Nebraska and have one bitchin' party. How's THAT for an idea?
Meeting in the middle sounds like a great idea

Old 01-28-2011, 02:12 AM

85 posts, read 171,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonnyj View Post
Does anyone notice the shortage in the number of available men in the eastern cities & the surplus of available men in the western cities?
I wonder what could be the cause for this?
Where did you get this?

Old 05-02-2013, 07:07 PM

9 posts, read 12,342 times
I don't know where this study came from??? But I have found the complete opposite to be true. I lived in Boston for 5 years as a single man and STRUGGLED to have a consistent dating life. Every bar I went to was ALWAYS more guys than girls. Always. Very hard to meet women, extremely frustrating going out night after night, coming back empty handed without so much as a phone number. I moved to orange county, California after that and dated some of the hottest women in my life. The girls on the West coast are so much more attractive physically. My guess is because it's warm. When you can't bundle up for 6 months you don't tend to get as fat.

I know, I know you girls are gonna' moan and cry and call me a sexist pig, but I'm not interested in dating fat, unattractive women. Even if NY and Boston have more women, SoCal has WAY more attractive women. I've been to Manhattan. And yes I've seen some obvious models on the street. And they are stunning. And.... incredibly RARE. It's NOTHING like being on the main street in ANY SoCal beach city. They aren't models there, it's the girl next door, that just happens to have a perfect body. And they run those beach cities in PACKS. I mean they are everywhere. And you're telling me there aren't models in LA too just like NY?? Get outta' here.

I moved back East to connecticut last year to help care for a sick family member and my dating life DRIED UP! More single women on THIS coast???? Are you kidding me???? The "10's" in the bars here are 6's back in california. It's like a junior high girls basketball team -vs- the NBA, it's not even the same freakin' league.

One last thing, the numbers on that map are totally bogus. Because they are raw "big sounding" numbers not percentages. They say there are 90,000 more single dudes than girls in the greater LA area. Ok fine, but did you ever stop to think how many people are in the greater LA area?? 22 MILLION! 22 effing Million!! Do the math, 90,000 is .4% of 22,000,000. So for every 100 single women there are roughly 100.4 single men. Big Effen DEAL. Factor in that 80 of those 100 women are suuuuuuuuuuuper attractive vs 10 out of 100 in the east coast cities.... Psssh. I know where I'll be! Go West young man indeed.

Old 05-03-2013, 02:15 AM

617 posts, read 1,202,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roly View Post
I don't know where this study came from??? But I have found the complete opposite to be true. I lived in Boston for 5 years as a single man and STRUGGLED to have a consistent dating life. Every bar I went to was ALWAYS more guys than girls. Always. Very hard to meet women, extremely frustrating going out night after night, coming back empty handed without so much as a phone number. I moved to orange county, California after that and dated some of the hottest women in my life. The girls on the West coast are so much more attractive physically. My guess is because it's warm. When you can't bundle up for 6 months you don't tend to get as fat.

I know, I know you girls are gonna' moan and cry and call me a sexist pig, but I'm not interested in dating fat, unattractive women. Even if NY and Boston have more women, SoCal has WAY more attractive women. I've been to Manhattan. And yes I've seen some obvious models on the street. And they are stunning. And.... incredibly RARE. It's NOTHING like being on the main street in ANY SoCal beach city. They aren't models there, it's the girl next door, that just happens to have a perfect body. And they run those beach cities in PACKS. I mean they are everywhere. And you're telling me there aren't models in LA too just like NY?? Get outta' here.

I moved back East to connecticut last year to help care for a sick family member and my dating life DRIED UP! More single women on THIS coast???? Are you kidding me???? The "10's" in the bars here are 6's back in california. It's like a junior high girls basketball team -vs- the NBA, it's not even the same freakin' league.

One last thing, the numbers on that map are totally bogus. Because they are raw "big sounding" numbers not percentages. They say there are 90,000 more single dudes than girls in the greater LA area. Ok fine, but did you ever stop to think how many people are in the greater LA area?? 22 MILLION! 22 effing Million!! Do the math, 90,000 is .4% of 22,000,000. So for every 100 single women there are roughly 100.4 single men. Big Effen DEAL. Factor in that 80 of those 100 women are suuuuuuuuuuuper attractive vs 10 out of 100 in the east coast cities.... Psssh. I know where I'll be! Go West young man indeed.
IMO, SoCal is a bit of an anomaly on the West Coast. I don't think you'll find the women in SF, Portland, or Seattle to be anything like you're seeing in SoCal. Just like the women in Miami or other Southeastern cities being nothing like the women in Boston or NYC.

I agree with you on the other stuff, except I think the ratios are probably a bit more in your favor in SoCal compared to SF and Seattle due to the tech presence in those cities.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:38 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,412,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roly View Post

Arizona gets all the hot people from California ..so anyone wanting a cheap COL with hot people (men and women)...come on over!

when I lived in LA, I thought the men there were mostly gay looking. Nothing against a gay person, but I'm straight and I was put off by how girly the straight men were. I'm sure it was better in OC and SD..but I didn't spend enough time there to see what kind of men were there. But ya, the women were super pretty, even the much older women, and I felt like a 2 against them, ha. I'm originally from NY but I was a small child so i don't remember much, but my mom was there 2 summers ago and she said everyone looked so sharp and nice looking, at least in Manhattan.

Old 05-03-2013, 06:07 PM

1,528 posts, read 4,234,108 times
Simple.

The West side has better looking women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships