Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2015, 03:07 PM

474 posts, read 384,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I split time between Phoenix and SD and most of my average female friends can't find a decent guy at all. They can find broke guys and ONS til the cows come home, but not so many keepers. Same applies to SD. I'm not really disagreeing with your statement since it kind of falls in line with what you said below.
Well I'm a decent, far-from-broke man looking for a serious relationship here in Phoenix, and I'm pretty convinced you and your friends are imaginary because you're nowhere to be found. Then again, if they're having one night stands with broke guys until the cows come home, not sure I want to touch any of that.

Old 08-26-2015, 05:34 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune_It_Lower View Post
Well I'm a decent, far-from-broke man looking for a serious relationship here in Phoenix, and I'm pretty convinced you and your friends are imaginary because you're nowhere to be found. Then again, if they're having one night stands with broke guys until the cows come home, not sure I want to touch any of that.
This is the problem; the guys looking for a serious relationship and the women looking for same aren't able to find each other. That's sad.

Old 08-26-2015, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is the problem; the guys looking for a serious relationship and the women looking for same aren't able to find each other. That's sad.
If only we had the technology to create a network, a sort of "web" of interconnected information, perhaps call it the interweb, a place where people could conveniently advertise themselves and their desire for long term relationships on a database, then contact each other based on compatible information and arrange dates.

Oh, well, hopefully by 2020.

Old 08-26-2015, 06:20 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
If only we had the technology to create a network, a sort of "web" of interconnected information, perhaps call it the interweb, a place where people could conveniently advertise themselves and their desire for long term relationships on a database, then contact each other based on compatible information and arrange dates.

Oh, well, hopefully by 2020.
That would be great, but it sounds like the right people aren't getting on the same web at the same time, so they're missing each other. Something isn't working, if what you say is true, that you don't believe LS Juan's Phx friends exist. Maybe you and her friends aren't in the same age group?

Old 08-26-2015, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That would be great, but it sounds like the right people aren't getting on the same web at the same time, so they're missing each other. Something isn't working, if what you say is true, that you don't believe LS Juan's Phx friends exist. Maybe you and her friends aren't in the same age group?
I dunno, I cast a pretty wide age net, partially because younger women seem to appreciate my existence notably moreso than ones my own age... so if they're online, I probably came across, perhaps even messaged one or more.

I posted my sarcastic post there because you can complain or you can take advantage of the medium designed specifically for what you're looking for. There's also an opportunity right here for LS to PM me for the sake of herself or her friends. I've got guy friends in my same boat as options too.

Get online, seek men looking for long term, answer messages(!!!!!), go on actual dates, show up for singles Meetups so they're not just divorced empty nesters. I'm tired of making all the effort.

Last edited by Tune_It_Lower; 08-26-2015 at 06:53 PM..

Old 08-28-2015, 07:10 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,462,822 times
In pretty much every city in the US, if you look at singles 18-34, men vastly outnumber women. Geography does not matter.

Old 08-28-2015, 07:43 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,901,836 times
All of the men are in the burbs!

Travel into the city and it is easily 60% women to 40% men in the bars. Ten miles out, sausage fest. Every time I hear coworkers complain about the lack of men I think they're all dammed up about ten miles a'that'away-->

Old 08-29-2015, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
In pretty much every city in the US, if you look at singles 18-34, men vastly outnumber women. Geography does not matter.

What? How so? With the birth rate nearly equal, the only way you could make sense of that is women are born, move to he country at 18, then move back to city at 34. Is this really a vastly popular phenomenon?

Old 08-29-2015, 07:28 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,462,822 times
Quote:

What? How so? With the birth rate nearly equal, the only way you could make sense of that is women are born, move to he country at 18, then move back to city at 34. Is this really a vastly popular phenomenon?
The New, Interactive Singles Map.

That should explain it.

Old 08-29-2015, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
The New, Interactive Singles Map.

That should explain it.
Yeah, if you do the math it's usually around or less than a percentage point... on par with the slight birth imbalance, plus the higher male imagination rates. How the crap is that vast?

It will be interesting to see how this fares now that gays can marry in every state.

Last edited by Tune_It_Lower; 08-29-2015 at 08:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships