Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2016, 06:49 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,797,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy1 View Post
I am in my 40s, single and live in DC and I can't find anyone. I am too old now. Men have it so easy. Get a decent job and you will find a nice woman. Not so for women. We have to be smart, witty, charming, hot, thin and the list goes on and on. I am so sick of men complaining about how they can't find women. I see trolls all the time with women.
You see what you want to see. And what you want to see is an excuse that lets you off the hook for your lack of success.

Old 03-09-2016, 09:33 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,038,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
D.C. is full of single men.

More so than many other cities I've been to.

Your problem is that you are looking for a man that is ready to settle down.

One that is in your age group.

That will be difficult.

But not impossible.

Ladies......stop saying there is a shortage of men.

There are plenty of men to go around.

You may have to lower your standards a bit. YEAH, I SAID IT. LOWER THEM A BIT.

You may have to move to a different city and go to places where men hang out.

You may have to do a few things differently to make yourself get noticed a bit more.

Nobody has anything easy these days.

If you are a woman looking for a man.

Get out of the house....throw on a smile and learn to say hello when you see someone you like.

You have to make an effort to be seen.

Hiding at home, complaining about how men have it so easy and how hard it is to find a man in your 40's isn't going to get you anywhere.
I am not far from DC. My standards are not high. And I go out all the time. The numbers are what they are. Apparently there is less men than women, Numerically.

Old 03-09-2016, 09:36 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,797,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I am not far from DC. My standards are not high. And I go out all the time. The numbers are what they are. Apparently there is less men than women, Numerically.
Oh, well.

Old 03-13-2016, 02:00 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,502,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy1 View Post
I have been following this thread since this happens to be my reality. I went to a college where the ratio of females to males was 5 to 1. Imagine those odds. Then I went to a city DC that has many more single women than men. Story of my life Even my profession is dominated by women.

It's Not Your Imagination, Single Women: There Literally Aren't Enough Men Out There | VICE | United States

Sorry, ladies, there really is a man shortage | New York Post

Studies have shown that when women outnumber men, the hookup culture is rampant. One of the reasons is because if a woman doesn't give the man what he wants then he will easily find someone else that will. My college was like that. People didn't date they just hooked up and that was in the early 1990s.

The rise of single mothers is probably also due to the fact that there just are not enough men. A woman can either remain childless forever or take it upon herself to have a baby. In addition, many men don't want to commit. I see it in DC all the time.

I am in my 40s, single and live in DC and I can't find anyone. I am too old now. Men have it so easy. Get a decent job and you will find a nice woman. Not so for women. We have to be smart, witty, charming, hot, thin and the list goes on and on. I am so sick of men complaining about how they can't find women. I see trolls all the time with women.

I also feel that we need to stop judging women based on who they marry or don't marry. If we want things to be equal between men and women then society should not judge a woman if her husband doesn't have a degree or wants to be a stay at home dad. Our laws and societal attitudes are catching up to reality and I feel that is hurting many people.
Couldn't take that NYP article seriously. Houston is a relative sausagefest. Went to the Cougars final game over at UH and there weren't exactly a whole bunch of unattached women hanging around, even though I see a ton on OLD sites who claim to like sports. Well, the cheerleaders and dance squad, but their boyfriends probably can't be court-side with them! I can't really take the VICE article that seriously, because most colleges have turned into a bunch of factories of sh!tlib nonsense now. NO smart guy is going to pay good money to be told he's evil for being a white guy.

Single mothers...I've seen enough women up close and personal who thought they could do better. Be my guest, but I personally care about that bad decision (as in a poorly chosen stepparent is usually bad news) as much as I do about guys wonder why "women date bad boys".

Also, women don't need to be overly smart, witty or anything to get a decent guy. It's not my fault you aren't desirable and that guys you desire just have better options; and if you're stuck making posts like that online, you must be a ball of fun to hang around in person.

I also agree, though, that women need to stop being harsh with women. If it isn't some unknown fatty online babbling on about how "real men like women with curves", women thinking a gal without a masters degree in women's studies is a bimbo, it's a goon like Meghan Trainor putting out crap music demeaning women likewise. Women are their own worst enemy sometimes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHi View Post
If what you say about DC is true, I don't know why so many men say the dating in DC is no good. I'm having Deja Vu as I type this. I think a very similar convo went down on this forum a few weeks ago.
Because guys who slave away in a cubicle don't want a partner who is also a cubicle slave? That's not unreasonable to ask. I wouldn't date a lawyer or banker who works 70+-hour weeks for their money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
We know your story, though. It doesn't give off the vibe of being super desirable. That aside, 8% gay (pretty large proportion there), 49% black, and about 55% female. Yeah, you'd have it tough if you were Gisele Bundchen.

Old 03-13-2016, 04:06 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,183,403 times
I'd love to go West, except for the fact
that it's so liberal......
Finding a conservative guy out
West would be like finding a needle in a haystack

Old 03-13-2016, 04:09 PM

52,288 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
I'd love to go West, except for the fact
that it's so liberal......
Finding a conservative guy out
West would be like finding a needle in a haystack

You're believing silly stereotypes again. There are plenty of moderates and conservatives here, just avoid places like San Francisco and you're golden. Every time I take those political tests I always score middle of the road. I used to work with guys that got hardons when talking about guns, so there are far righties here.

Old 03-13-2016, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You're believing silly stereotypes again. There are plenty of moderates and conservatives here, just avoid places like San Francisco and you're golden. Every time I take those political tests I always score middle of the road. I used to work with guys that got hardons when talking about guns, so there are far righties here.
Lol what do you mean again??
Elaborate.....

Honestly though I've never belonged where I am.
I've always been a fish out of water here

I need a more conservative area-
Give me examples of where I'd possibly find conservative or middle of the road men......

Old 03-13-2016, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Lol what do you mean again??
Elaborate.....

Honestly though I've never belonged where I am.
I've always been a fish out of water here

I need a more conservative area-
Give me examples of where I'd possibly find conservative or middle of the road men......

Not sure what guys you're into, but Orange county, the next county over from LA is full of conservative white men, if you're into white guys that is. Not sure what your bag is.

Old 03-13-2016, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Not sure what guys you're into, but Orange county, the next county over from LA is full of conservative white men, if you're into white guys that is. Not sure what your bag is.
Lol you nailed it

Idk how ya knew, tho

Orange county has military men I think,
as well

Old 03-13-2016, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Lol you nailed it

Idk how ya knew, tho

Orange county has military men I think,
as well

Northern San Diego county has a large marine corp base. Camp Pendleton.

You can be up to your eyeballs with jarheads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships