Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Thick or Thin? (choose which one you would rather have)
Thick 155 49.36%
Thin 166 52.87%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 314. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 10:30 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,299,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArabEyes View Post
That is exactly what I was going to say, so right on Sunil's Dad. I think what Lao Tzu doesnt understand is that women that arent considered the "societal norm" are reminded that they are NOT the "societal norm" every day of their lives. They are super sensitive and/or defensive about it because they have to be. Everysingle day women are bombarded by images of what is acceptable, and what is not acceptable. Imagine living your life and having to be reminded that who and what you are is not acceptable in society, regardless of the fact that most beauty standards are completely unrealistic and/or unattainable. I know I would be defensive, heck, I am STILL defensive. Not only was not being a waif an issue for me, but when I was growing up, being mixed was also an issue. With that being said, because of society and my peer group, not only am I very concious of my non-perfectness, but also very concious of my ethnicity.

I guess what I am trying to say is, I feel that Lao's ideals of body type are unrealistic. The woman on the right was by NO MEANS fat. The fact that Lao, and others, think average is unattractive and unacceptable, is the very reason women put their bodies through hell just in an attempt to achieve unrealistic social standards. Who cares that we are fantastic human biengs, talented individuals, successful employees, intellectual woman capable of balancing being mothers, CEO's, and sex kittens (all at the same time), what Lao is implying is that what all it boils down to is whether or not we (women) meet certain physical standards.

Maybe the reason that bothers me is because I tend to look past the physical and try to see the human beneath the package, because in the end, the human is what is concrete, the physical is always indefinite.
While I agree with most of what you said, I don't think the insecurities someone has justifies them putting down another body type. I've noticed that on these threads especially, people can be very demeaning and degrading towards thin women. I understand that there is a lot of pressure on women to "look" a certain way, and that many resent it, but I don't think that should be an excuse to bash anyone. The degrading comments go both ways.

I think what should really be the emphasis when it comes to physical appearance is being healthy. Do you exercise? Do you eat healthy food? Drink enough water? etc. I have a friend who is very curvy. She gained a lot of weight from poor eating habits and drinking. At one point she stopped - changed her diet, started working out every day, and stopped drinking (as much). She lost 15 pounds. She's still curvy, but she's healthy now.

What's inside matters, but honestly, how you take care of your body matters too. Thick or thin, I think people just need to take better care of themselves.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:12 AM

141 posts, read 480,253 times
Thick all day,thick aint the same as fat.

Old 10-01-2009, 11:08 AM

1,417 posts, read 2,181,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Like the girl in post #75 on page 8 of this thread.

That is absolutely the perfect body. The girl seems to have a fun/great personality also.
I agree her propostions are great and she is very fit. I also would bet the mortgage that she's had implants. It is nearly impossible to have the low body fat percentage required to show off her fit muscles and still have that much breast fat.

Old 10-01-2009, 11:30 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,903,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
I agree her propostions are great and she is very fit. I also would bet the mortgage that she's had implants. It is nearly impossible to have the low body fat percentage required to show off her fit muscles and still have that much breast fat.
If she hasn't, there's something abound. There is that thing now where they can suck the fat out of someone's rear and put it in their face, so maybe they can do that with breasts? It isn't a very appealing thought, is it guys?

Old 10-01-2009, 11:42 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,826,541 times
Thick any day of the week. I consider anything under a size 14 to be too skinny.

Old 10-01-2009, 11:55 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Thick any day of the week. I consider anything under a size 14 to be too skinny.
Depends on the way the weight is distributed….I’m hot at 14…sexy at 12 but at 10 I’m a bonafide dime piece Plus depending on the clothes are made I'm different sizes

Old 10-01-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Depends on the way the weight is distributed….I’m hot at 14…sexy at 12 but at 10 I’m a bonafide dime piece Plus depending on the clothes are made I'm different sizes
Well said. I'm not in the gym to be a smaller size, I just want things to be a little more streamlined. And of course to look nicer in my clothes when they are on.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:03 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,967,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
She hasnt had any implants. If she did, why would she pay all that money to get some that are so small? Anyways, those are real, as designer sports bras (Bebe Sport) like what she's wearing tend to emphasize as well as support. That girl is just what almost any woman could look like if she dedicates herself to working out and eating right.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
That girl is just what almost any woman could look like if she dedicates herself to working out and eating right.
I'm not insulting your taste, because you are entitled to your opinion. However, you are assuming most women would want to look like that, when I for one, would not. I can tell you that most of the women I know, would not either.

In addition, using the word dedicated is fine if someone is a bodybuilder, but if they have a job, kids and an SO to consider, dedication is something that goes to the family first, IMO. That isn't to say that making it a priority for the family to live a healthy lifestyle that includes eating well and regular exercise isn't important.

Old 10-01-2009, 04:04 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
She hasnt had any implants. If she did, why would she pay all that money to get some that are so small? Anyways, those are real, as designer sports bras (Bebe Sport) like what she's wearing tend to emphasize as well as support. That girl is just what almost any woman could look like if she dedicates herself to working out and eating right.
Like I said, she is awesome........but a fit size 14 is my ideal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships