Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2009, 07:15 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,658,437 times

Advertisements

How old do you have to be to use dating websites? Im a 17 year old male and I was just wondering that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 11:39 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,704,119 times
Well most of the times a person needs to be 18 or older. Like for example Match.com you need to be 18 or older. So yeah..

Old 09-05-2009, 12:42 AM

612 posts, read 1,844,022 times
Depends. Most premium, paying sites you will have to be 18 or older. The cheesy, "teen" dating sites like Zoosk, singles.net, etc. are free and are mostly for teens.

If I may add/ask, why are you interested in going online to meet women? It is not really the ideal way to go. Also, most of those sites (the premium ones) are people looking for serious relationships and much older than you are. I highly doubt you would want to settle down at your age and date a 30ish year old who is damaged goods (no offense).

Take my advice, don't go down that path and blow your money. Do it the old fashioned way. Find a gal you know or see and take her for ice cream.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:54 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,269,659 times
I would be careful whatever site you pick. There are some freaks out there. The last thing you want to show up is some guy and his van loaded with ropes etc.

Old 09-05-2009, 05:54 PM

1,156 posts, read 3,783,040 times
Just avoid sites where you have to keep buying "points" in order to receive and/or exchange emails with other users. Many of those "people" could just be part of the scam to get as much money out of you as they can by leading you on without being able to meet them.

Don't use your real name or address and make sure you google about the sites at first (check with the Better Business Bureau, too) toi see if they are on the up and up.

Old 09-05-2009, 06:26 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,454,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
How old do you have to be to use dating websites? Im a 17 year old male and I was just wondering that.
At your age, I'd say you'd have better luck with Craiglist personals or else just go to parties and meet people that way.

Old 09-05-2009, 10:51 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,704,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bananas View Post
Depends. Most premium, paying sites you will have to be 18 or older. The cheesy, "teen" dating sites like Zoosk, singles.net, etc. are free and are mostly for teens.

If I may add/ask, why are you interested in going online to meet women? It is not really the ideal way to go. Also, most of those sites (the premium ones) are people looking for serious relationships and much older than you are. I highly doubt you would want to settle down at your age and date a 30ish year old who is damaged goods (no offense).

Take my advice, don't go down that path and blow your money. Do it the old fashioned way. Find a gal you know or see and take her for ice cream.
Sometimes the old-fashioned way won't work lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships