Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 03:20 PM

5 posts, read 8,522 times

Advertisements

I just can't believe this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 03:29 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,509 times
Man, forget that ho! She didn't derserve you anyway!

My boyfriend on the other hand, is the most sweetest guy I've ever met and I will NEVER trade him for anyone other. He went through the same heartache as you have many times before he met me. Maybe that girl you were with wasn't the right one. Keep praying and searching. You will find her or she will find you.

Stay sweet okay? Don't add another number of D-bags, jocks, and other type of jerks.

Old 09-06-2009, 03:34 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,652,381 times
I can't really add anymore to what the others have said. Keep your chin up and as I just posted in another thread, she was just practice for the right one! My best wishes.

Old 09-06-2009, 05:00 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samson2009 View Post
I tried to type the story to share here, but I can't see well as I can't stop crying. I just lost the love of my life lastnight and I can't stop the tears. I'm in shock. We were going to get marry and she just broke up with me out of the blue. Oh I'm a big boy and I can handle it, but our relationship was so great. You wait for the right one, you treat her with love, care and respect, and what happens? I keep hearing if you treat a woman like a dog, she will stay with you forever. I'm sorry, I'm a gentleman and I will never change and disrespect a woman, I'll leave her before I'll do that. Yet every woman I know, I'm talking at least 80% of the females I know are with guys who treat them like crap and they stay. A dear friend who is absolutely gorgeous and down to earth has been with her husband for 18 years and unhappy since the second year of their marriage. This is the case with most everyone I know. I gave this girl my best and she walked. Everyone says I'm a great guy and a good catch, yet love seems to run from me. Look, I'm not here for pity or sympathy, I just needed to say something as this is extremely hard for me and I'm only asking that someone please say a prayer for me quick because I have never ever felt this horrible way in my entire life. This is hurting so bad.

Thank you
If it is any consolation to you, we have all been there at least once. You will survive and you will go on to find someone else to love. It hurts now, but it will not hurt forever.

Big hug to you at this very difficult time.

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-06-2009, 05:10 PM

47 posts, read 33,788 times
Quote:
I tried to type the story to share here, but I can't see well as I can't stop crying. I just lost the love of my life lastnight and I can't stop the tears. I'm in shock. We were going to get marry and she just broke up with me out of the blue. Oh I'm a big boy and I can handle it, but our relationship was so great. You wait for the right one, you treat her with love, care and respect, and what happens? I keep hearing if you treat a woman like a dog, she will stay with you forever. I'm sorry, I'm a gentleman and I will never change and disrespect a woman, I'll leave her before I'll do that. Yet every woman I know, I'm talking at least 80% of the females I know are with guys who treat them like crap and they stay. A dear friend who is absolutely gorgeous and down to earth has been with her husband for 18 years and unhappy since the second year of their marriage. This is the case with most everyone I know. I gave this girl my best and she walked. Everyone says I'm a great guy and a good catch, yet love seems to run from me. Look, I'm not here for pity or sympathy, I just needed to say something as this is extremely hard for me and I'm only asking that someone please say a prayer for me quick because I have never ever felt this horrible way in my entire life. This is hurting so bad.

Thank you
Don't change who you are. You're obviously not a womanizing prick, which is more than many guys can say for themselves.

Just meet a woman who respects herself...then she can appreciate you.

Old 09-06-2009, 05:12 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,338,885 times
Hey man, things will only get better and the right one will come.

Old 09-06-2009, 05:35 PM

433 posts, read 876,207 times
Quote:

Thank you
I just found out my son was not mine. You'll live.

Old 09-06-2009, 05:50 PM

191 posts, read 120,197 times
Keep your head up. Don't turn into a jerk because some women seem to "enjoy" being treated badly, OK? Just remember, you need to make sure you take care of yourself too though. You need to stand up for yourself, you are worth it! You need someone that appreciates your sincerity and devotedness to a relationship and can reciprocate it with just as much love, sincerity, and devotedness towards you. It hurts right now....but you are alive! You can feel and love and cry. I know that doesn't seem to be important right now but it is! Some people don't feel emotion as easily as you seem to. It is important to feel everything you are feeling right now. All of our experiences make us into the person we are today and the people we will be tomorrow and years from now! It is very important to understand and grow from all of this. She was an important part of your life and will continue to be so because without her coming in and out of your life....you will not be the person you are meant to be tomorrow. I hope I am making myself clear....I am meaning to be helpful.

Hang in there. ~Mary12345

Old 09-06-2009, 06:47 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,451,384 times
God, I hate reading this thread. How many of us know exactly how he is feeling. It hurts so bad to lose someone you loved, especially when it catches you by surprise. (It often catches the man by surprise, unfortunately.) It's like someone reached in and tore your heart out.

Samson, I hope you get some answers soon so you can start to makes sense of this.

W.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:11 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,675,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
God, I hate reading this thread. How many of us know exactly how he is feeling. It hurts so bad to lose someone you loved, especially when it catches you by surprise. (It often catches the man by surprise, unfortunately.) It's like someone reached in and tore your heart out.

Samson, I hope you get some answers soon so you can start to makes sense of this.

W.
I agree with the above. I am so sorry you were blindsided and got your heart broken. You sound like a nice guy who doesn't deserve this. Many of us have been in your position and know that the pain is almost unbearable, but you will get through it. Remember doing everything right does not guarantee that someone will love you forever or stay with you.

The first few weeks are the hardest because you're caught off guard and just can't believe it. Then after the initial shock wears off you have to learn how to proceed without the other person. Do not beat yourself up. You are a good person and eventually you'll meet someone who will love you for who you are. Believe it or not, it's much better that this happened now rather than after you got married. I wish you the best. Hang in there and just take it one day at a time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships