Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 08:09 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,729,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
In the past, a smart woman would sometimes choose a mistress for her husband in order to keep him happy and feed his sexual appetite. Sometimes the wife would even present the mistress with gifts to make sure this mistress was satisfied with the arrangement. This gave the wife control over who her husband was sleeping with.

Yoko Ono did this for John Lennon. She picked out a mistress (May Pang) for him when they were going through marital problems.

Would you ever consider something like this? I think it's an interesting concept. It means you can pick someone whom your husband is not going to become romantically involved with and it allows you to keep tabs on what's going on, thereby, ensuring the marriage stays intact.

W.
Do I get a boyfriend out the deal? I would say to the husband, if you're cool with the idea of sleeping with someone other than me, Maybe I should give that option a try myself.

In the name of saving the marriage, of course.

I'm still trying to get my mind around this whole "My man is physically intimate with another woman; this is supposed to make him closer to me, and thereby save our marriage!" Now what does wife do when he falls in love with, or become infatuated with the woman she has chosen for her husband? What happens next?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 08:26 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,352 times
Doesn't work. Marriages don't get "saved" by being in the marriage less.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:54 PM

297 posts, read 899,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi Woof X3,

To keep high status males its probably is a good strategy form a certain point of view. I view men and women differently in a class society. High status men form the top of the heap. Its a man's world for the select man. The demand for them is even more intense than a high status women. Just look at any rock concert to see the obviousness of this. Women often are the ones propping these men up. Clinton was a woman's president IMHO.
In the middle, form the middle class occupied be men and women until we get to the bottom. At the bottom it is typically male. When a low status male dies or disappears, it is of little consequence. A homeless women is more disturbing to us. If they have anyplace at all it is as fodder. Of course monogamy tends to mute this effect. A low status female still must put up with low status males. Looks like Woof X3 is looking to raise the market value of women by increasing consumption at the top but it already happens.

Woman tend to be in a leptokurtic distribution while the men are in a platykurtic.

This is why male actors draw more at the box office and so on. Lions are a classic case of this distribution. In one of the great ironies of life the low status male often bears the brunt of the high status females frustration to get to the top while other women constantly sabotage her efforts. Not wishing to lash out at the high status males the faceless male is her best option. A Y chromosome is a gamblers chromosome. That how I see it anyway.
Hmmm interesting.... but will the woman who's married to the high-status male use the threat of divorce (and consequently taking large portions of his wealth) to counter the power he has for being high-status in the first place? Do you think she will most likely use the threat of divorce as leverage?

And also, are women's thoughts today on this topic different from say, hundred years ago?

Old 05-11-2010, 08:55 PM

297 posts, read 899,409 times
Also, the CD posters who claim here that they would rather "kick him to the curb", are these the ones who usually do the direct opposite when push comes to shove?

Interesting thread btw

Old 05-11-2010, 09:18 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
Hell no.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:29 PM

272 posts, read 640,171 times
Hell NO!! Marriage is a partnership of two people, not a threesome. Even if the other woman is just sex. If my "kitty" isn't good enough, then he's not getting any sex. I would rather be single than be degraded in that manner. Now if someone else wants to do that, that there business, but I would still consider the woman pathetic and tell her to grow some balls.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:01 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
I never can wrap my head around the idea that women should "grow some balls."

Old 05-12-2010, 07:21 AM

947 posts, read 2,423,543 times
The whole premise is not honest and smacks of game playing instead of figuring out why they don't mesh sexually. Sex isn't the most important part of a marriage, but it is a barometer of what's really going on down deep.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:49 AM

371 posts, read 894,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I never can wrap my head around the idea that women should "grow some balls."
It is a mind-bending visual,isn't it?

Old 09-29-2013, 05:16 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,309,732 times
If I heard Wx3 correctly, this is a played out fantasy, true? You are staring at the beginning of an imagined relationship from such a low place, it must be interesting to watch the worm's bellies pass over you. You have little awareness of your worth, little awareness of your allure, no concept (apparently) of marriage, no validation for true compromise (the scenarios you offer are sacrifices at best, not compromise), and you just don't seem to get relationships broadly. You would be taken advantage of so fast, you should begin the dating experience on the premise that the guy will get two for one. And then you will wind up with some jerk who is merely seeking a receptacle, fulfilling your described expectations. Additionally, if this is how you have written in other threads, it is not merely a fantasy, this is a projected lifestyle and an anticipated protective factor. Please get a hold of yourself.

While this may the setting for lurid tales and concerns of possibility, the real trouble is this may be a setting for your highest hopes, to be thrashed, trashed, and relegated to the junk pile as a part of the nuptial process. If the latter is correct, no real man would want a woman without morals, without a sense of self, and without dignity to maintain any formal standards.

Ultimately, you may get what you are looking for, though if THIS IS what you are looking for, that would put you in a position to stare at the past impression of your belly, as you had previously stared at the bellies of passing worms. As a guy, there is nothing appealing to what you say, nothing appealing to your dependent maneuvers, and nothing appealing to anything you would offer. I would not even consider your cast-offs.

If any of this contains a shade of truth, get off the forum and get some serious help. You are not relationship, dating, or marriage quality. And you can find $5 people with better standards than this. They at least would stop when they hear the timer 'ding.'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships