Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 08:38 PM

16 posts, read 48,199 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! I met this guy on-line ealier in the week from Match.com. I first e-mailed him before my profile was visible asking him to e-mail me and I'd send pics and such. I think he is very cute and love his profile. We seem like a great fit. I was excited when I wrote him and he could tell replying, "I could sense your excitement." I replied with pics and never heard anything. I caught him on one day and IM'd him. We chatted for a bit and then he went idle. He hasnt been back on since. I really like this guy and I'm not sure if he's interested or not. I an see he hasnt read one of my messages to him yet. I want to write to him again telling him in detail why I think we're a good match and he should consider giving it a go. Would this seem creepy and like I'm desperate or a stalker? I mean he hasnt said he's not interested, he just hasnt said much at all. I think this guy and I are perfect for one another (thing could change when we meet of course.) I don't want to let a good opportunity pass without trying my best. Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 08:41 PM

1,193 posts, read 3,992,205 times
Is your subscription almost up?

USATODAY.com - Online daters sue Match.com, Yahoo for fraud

They might be up to their old tricks of baiting you with non legitimate accounts.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:46 PM

16 posts, read 48,199 times
I only got it for one month. :-) I signed up for this one guy actually. I havent met/saw anyone on there aside from him that I'm interested in.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:12 PM

55 posts, read 188,328 times
Hmmm I would say that as hard as it is, it's probably best to let him be the one to contact you. The ball is in his court. You've expressed interest in him. If he's truly interested in you and in meeting you, he will get in touch with you. It's a double-standard, but often times men are turned off when women start to show "too much" interest. WE think we're just being direct and up front (which is so much better than beating around the bush), but he thinks "whoaaa, this chick wants something serious off the bat...I dunno if I'm ready for all THAT, I don't even know her." I know it's not fair, but honestly, the best guy is the one who will take the time to pursue you, whether it's a guy you meet in person or online. And clearly I mean that in a non-stalkerish way, lol. Of course, I'm rather old-fashioned so my opinion is slightly weighted that direction.

I realize we're in a modern society where it's socially acceptable for a female to be the pursuer in a relationship. And that's fine if it works for you. I just find it much more flattering and romantic to let him express interest and contact you, initiate that first date and all that. I'm certainly not saying he should always initiate, definitely not, but in the early stages - that seems to set the tone for a solid, if not "old-fashioned" relationship.

If you haven't seen He's Just Not That Into You...you need to rent it! Aside from being hilarious and a great chick flick, it's actually got some truth to it. I found myself nodding my head many times while watching it.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:13 PM

1,193 posts, read 3,992,205 times
Well I'd say you are putting too much thought into it this early in the game. Just try to contact him once more and if nothing happens move on to someone else.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:15 PM

55 posts, read 188,328 times
By the way, I met my current boyfriend online (as well as an ex) and it can be a great way to meet someone special that, otherwise, you probably never would've had the opportunity to meet. Too many people are quick to label online dating as "creepy" or they'll say you just don't put yourself out there enough in your local area. Well, sometimes you have to expand your horizons! As long as you're very safe and smart about it, meeting someone online is perfectly normal and acceptable. You'd be surprised how many people I've met and know that met their spouse online (on eHarmony, match.com, etc.) these days. I wish you the best of luck! Hope you meet that someone special :-)

Old 09-11-2009, 09:24 PM

111 posts, read 345,969 times
It's easy to get anxious when waiting for reply's on those sort of things. It takes patience. It helps not to get your hopes too high too.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:27 PM
ttz

677 posts, read 1,665,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdviceIsGreat View Post
Hi everyone! I met this guy on-line ealier in the week from Match.com. I first e-mailed him before my profile was visible asking him to e-mail me and I'd send pics and such. I think he is very cute and love his profile. We seem like a great fit. I was excited when I wrote him and he could tell replying, "I could sense your excitement." I replied with pics and never heard anything. I caught him on one day and IM'd him. We chatted for a bit and then he went idle. He hasnt been back on since. I really like this guy and I'm not sure if he's interested or not. I an see he hasnt read one of my messages to him yet. I want to write to him again telling him in detail why I think we're a good match and he should consider giving it a go. Would this seem creepy and like I'm desperate or a stalker? I mean he hasnt said he's not interested, he just hasnt said much at all. I think this guy and I are perfect for one another (thing could change when we meet of course.) I don't want to let a good opportunity pass without trying my best. Any thoughts?
I think he's just not that into you. Don't bother contacting him again. He knows you like him, and if he likes you back you will hear from him. Move on...

Old 09-11-2009, 09:37 PM

720 posts, read 1,407,778 times
You signed up just for that guy???? Hmmm....I would leave him alone and get your money back.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:47 PM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times
I would never join for some specific individual. As far as this guy goes, definitely leave him alone. If he was interested, he'd have gotten back to you.
Move on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships