Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 07:22 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
It's only because she takes the initiative and did the task. Doesn't mean she initiated it. I say as a product of divorce and some statistics.

Statistically, more men cheat on their wives than wives cheat on their husbands which is the primary reason for most divorces - that's why
you are right just bek they filed does not mean it was a happy and good marriage. probably wasnt but she stands in most cases to gain financially by the divorce, maybe not her intention to get rich, but the lawyer takes it from there, when they are done the emotional damage will be irreversable to both parties. been there done that. its a poison machine that generates some money, mostly poison and legal fees--- some money. to be fair i know very few women that dont have some remorse about the divorce, but that does not stop them from doing the same thing later and often hubby #2 is a whole lot like hubby #1. its so easy just pick up the phone and dial 1 800 attorneys sleazy and breezy--- turn your malice into cash.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:22 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,736 times
Quote:
It's only because she takes the initiative and did the task. Doesn't mean she initiated it. I say as a product of divorce and some statistics.

Statistically, more men cheat on their wives than wives cheat on their husbands which is the primary reason for most divorces - that's why
THE only initiative she takes ON A WHIM is to see her divorce attorney and it doesn't matter if she's right or wrong she normally get$ rewarded in one way or others.

Also, if your stat is true of Men cheating on their wives more......why is this happening?, I sure know why.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:26 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
THE only initiative she takes ON A WHIM is to see her divorce attorney and it doesn't matter if she's right or wrong she normally get$ rewarded in one way or others.

Also, if your stat is true of Men cheating on their wives more......why is this happening?, I sure know why.
Do you, really? It's not as if you have relationships with women (according to you). You can't really know what's going on.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:28 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,777,113 times
We've gone off topic! No grinding axes/exes!!! LOL Let's stick to the original question.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:29 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
What about taking the initiative to be happier with her situation?

It reminds me of people who say they aren't happy with whatever town they live in--so they move, and find themselves no happier somewhere else. It's the inability to be satisfied with one's situation that is at fault then--and there are people like that, who are never truly satisfied with their situation.

If you can be content with where you are, THAT is the definition of success to me.

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post

Had a father with a pretty big ego which is why it happens and my mother finally walked out after 23 years of it so it was no whim and they argued and discussed it- she took absolutely nothing except one piece of a parcel of land. She walked away from millions and never looked back. He is now with wife number 3.

Your situation, alone, does not a generalization make, as neither does mine. But I sense some hostility regarding women and this issue which biases you to on side.

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Do you, really? It's not as if you have relationships with women (according to you). You can't really know what's going on.
you might be right it might not be about sex. but to say that neglect is a factor is not a wild accusation.
if you feed that dog he wont dig in the trash can. if you had treated him like that b4 marriage he would have dumped you so fast you would have gotten whiplash.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I need not have relationship experience, I received earful after earful after earful in person from many Men about the reasons why. The sad thing is it's "all in the same" reasons.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Had a father with a pretty big ego which is why it happens and my mother finally walked out after 23 years of it so it was no whim and they argued and discussed it- she took absolutely nothing except one piece of a parcel of land. She walked away from millions and never looked back. He is now with wife number 3.

Your situation, alone, does not a generalization make, as neither does mine. But I sense some hostility regarding women and this issue which biases you to on side.
Kudos to your Mom but it doesn't dismiss the fact that females can ON A WHIM file for divorce because the system rewards them for good or bad behavior.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:34 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,041,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticatica View Post
It's been said that the sexual revolution, feminist movement, performing the chores of fatherhood and loss of complete dominance in marital decision making has lead to making marriage less appealing to men. Has the marriage rate gone down? is this why? The marriage rate has gone down by 50% since the 70s. In essence it has me wondering if the phantom 50% are basically uninterested in a relationship they don't have total domination over. This theory is pretty novel.

From my observation, men AND women are going about fulfilling there sexual needs while at the same time pushing marriage to the back burner; with no shame. Also, parents today are not the same as parents 50 years ago. For example, if I was fooling around with a girl back in the 1950's I would most likely be approached by her father (with is rifle) or her brothers to marry the girl, but today, the fathers and brothers don't care as much partly because they are out chasing women on there own as well.

So basically, if a culture lost shame in specific acts, and there is no accountability, then I can see why the marriage rate would drop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships