Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 04:26 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,038,208 times

Advertisements

Holy crap Batman...... You are 31? Seriously?

Don't change ever. You are very wise for your age and a romantic. I predict both those traits will serve you well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 04:36 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,179,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post

Don't change ever. You are very wise for your age and a romantic. I predict both those traits will serve you well.
Here here! Start posting poetry and I'll be along to read them in a few....

Nicely put and a great reminder in this fast paced society you know very well coming from city life.

I left city life 5 years ago and haven't looked back. Our bed has to be under the tallest window in the house to look up at the stars at night. That means even putting our bed in the living room, which is where it is right now!

Make every day count in some way. Try to learn something special, try to capture a moment. When it is all said and done, you want to have something to reflect upon that was very meaningful in your life. Otherwise, all you're recall are TPS reports!

Old 09-22-2009, 06:46 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Excellent insight.

There are moments in life that will be forever etched into your brain, sometimes things are just perfect.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:11 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,327,271 times
Wow Urban,

You writing is so well described and romantic. I actually pictured this house, the country setting, the two of you working on it, etc.

Do you write professionally? If not, you should give it some serious thought. Can you say......Hallmark?? I agree with the other poster that your wisdom and romatic side will serve you well.

We should all take time to appreciate the simple things in life. Thanks for sharing yours!

Old 09-22-2009, 11:02 PM

1,322 posts, read 2,413,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Batman? Are you insinuating that I run around wearing dark clothes while wearing a silly mask over my face? Sounds a little too kinky for me.

And yes, seriously, I'm 31.. Was that supposed to be different? If so, I blame my mother.. It was all her idea in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katlakat View Post
I left city life 5 years ago and haven't looked back. Our bed has to be under the tallest window in the house to look up at the stars at night. That means even putting our bed in the living room, which is where it is right now!
I'll tell ya something here, which I probably shouldn't admit..

The first time I stayed in the house, I did the same thing; put the bed under the largest window in the house. (Ok, well, it was the only room that didn't have a ton of sawdust on the floor!) Well, I actually got scared.. Ok, not scared as in someone out to get me, but scared as in dizzy and disoriented - don't know where I am kinda thing. I never knew that one could see THAT many stars at once..

I quickly accepted it, and every night that I'm down there I like to sit on the dock and watch the stars reflect on the pond.. It actually brings me a peace that I never knew existed.

It's amazing, those simple things in life that we tend to take for granted..

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Do you write professionally? If not, you should give it some serious thought. Can you say......Hallmark?? I agree with the other poster that your wisdom and romatic side will serve you well.

We should all take time to appreciate the simple things in life. Thanks for sharing yours!
I used to write professionally, but with the economy, I've had to resort to other things. I've never tried the Hallmark thing though - I wouldn't even know how to get into all of that.

Thanks for the compliments! With things like this, I like to try to put people into the scene so that they can feel the same things that I'm feeling.. It doesn't always work, but I can only hope that at least it gets my point across.

It's always the small things that makes life grand.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:10 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
This spring I went through a traumatic event that shook me to the core. This springs I would go home to visit my parents, live in the country. It was late springs early summer. I would have the windows open in the bedroom. The highway was 2 miles away... But it was amazingly comforting and therapeutic to listen to the trucks run down the highway and smell of the pine.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:25 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
Well if you ever get tired of living in the country, I'm always up for a free home in the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships