Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 03:44 AM

403 posts, read 1,193,705 times

Advertisements

Umm......not quite. I don't know who came up with this nonsense or how it found it's way into society but whoever it was they were flat out lying.

I've been married for 3 years now and have yet to be hit on by a woman. Not only do they not hit on me but as soon as soon as they see the ring they promptly turn and run away.

Of course this happened when I was single too so maybe it's not the ring

Anyway, what do you think......does this fallacy hold any weight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 03:59 AM

7,004 posts, read 21,387,786 times
A wedding band does not stop certain types of women from going after you. Sad but true.

Old 04-16-2009, 04:03 AM

10,219 posts, read 17,986,884 times
There are some women (and men) who seem to be attracted to people who are unavailable. But I wouldn't say that is the norm. When my husband and I were long distance from different countries, before we were married, I think some women didn't take our relationship seriously (I guess they thought it wouldn't last with the distance) because there were three different women after him at one time. It wasn't until we moved in together that they finally stopped chasing him - I think they finally realized he really did love me and was serious about me. And since we've been married, there's definitely not been anyone showing interest in him.

But for those people of either gender who have a habit of being attracted to the unavailable, it's probably really unhealthy and only leads to heartache.

Old 04-16-2009, 04:38 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,686,918 times
Never noticed it at any time in 19 years.

Old 04-16-2009, 05:27 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,643,607 times
Nothing is more of a turn off than desperation. Someone already in a relationship doesn't give off desperate vibes. That's the only thing I can think of but most women will move on when they see the ring.

Old 04-16-2009, 05:47 AM

1,492 posts, read 7,729,948 times
If that's the case....it's women who really don't want the man rather they are after the hunt/kill and ruin of the other woman.

Old 04-16-2009, 05:54 AM

41,003 posts, read 49,453,126 times
It happens to me all the time. Of course when you look like Brad Pitt it's understandable.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:33 AM

9,229 posts, read 16,592,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauticadon View Post
Umm......not quite. I don't know who came up with this nonsense or how it found it's way into society but whoever it was they were flat out lying.

I've been married for 3 years now and have yet to be hit on by a woman. Not only do they not hit on me but as soon as soon as they see the ring they promptly turn and run away.

Of course this happened when I was single too so maybe it's not the ring

Anyway, what do you think......does this fallacy hold any weight?
It really depends on the environment. It's likely to happen at a club or a bar. It can happen at work if you are around someone often enough. But yes, it does happen. To some women, the sexiest thing about a man is his wife. Sad, but true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
It happens to me all the time. Of course when you look like Brad Pitt it's understandable.
Hah YOU doon?

Old 04-16-2009, 06:37 AM

657 posts, read 1,604,037 times
FWIW, I never had a problem with women hitting on me while I was married (ie. it didn't happen, and i wore a wedding band 24/7).. At the risk of sounding over-confident, there have been times since i've been single that i've nearly had to beat them away with a stick!

thus.. I've heard this theory before, but IME, it's a crock.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:39 AM

37,808 posts, read 46,333,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
It really depends on the environment. It's likely to happen at a club or a bar. It can happen at work if you are around someone often enough. But yes, it does happen.
I agree. If you don't frequent the types of places that these women do, then it's not likely to happen to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships