Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 09:25 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,142,600 times

Advertisements

In another post there was a reply that said something about not having sex was deal breaker in a marriage.

I have been married for 10 years (almost) and I was very sexually active in my younger years and before I was married. However, for "whatever" reason sex has become less and less important to me.

People may say that sex brings people closer together but I feel that my husband and I are very close without it. In fact, I cannot imagine that we would be any closer. When we were first married, of course we had sex much more often, and our relationship is much better now then it was then.

I love my husband very much and would do anything in the world for him (including having sex, when he wishes), but I do not have any desire for it. Which is not the same thing as not having desire for HIM. I simply am not terribly interested in that aspect of our relationship.

I am wondering, just out of curiosity what other people think about it as it relates to their own life/relationships.

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 09:27 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times
I'm not touching this.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:29 PM

1,237 posts, read 3,449,655 times
I think it depends on the person/couple. In my opinion, the problems arise when one person wants it and the other simply doesn't care for it. You are lucky both you and your husband are on the same wavelength.

In general, as you get older you have other responsibilities - home, kids, more responsibility at work, ect. The bedroom life can take a hit. Some don't mind, but for some sex is a higher priority and thus not having it may be a deal breaker.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:31 PM

69 posts, read 78,170 times
Would you mind if he went somewhere else to meet his needs?

Old 03-25-2010, 09:45 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,280,698 times
Are you going to cry about it when he starts desiring other people or better yet, goes outside of the marriage for sex? If two people agree not to have sex then that is great for them--more power to you, I hope you last a 100 years together, etc.. It would not work for me because I like sex and want to share that part of myself with the other person. So different strokes, I guess.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:52 PM

37,624 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
In another post there was a reply that said something about not having sex was deal breaker in a marriage.

I have been married for 10 years (almost) and I was very sexually active in my younger years and before I was married. However, for "whatever" reason sex has become less and less important to me.

People may say that sex brings people closer together but I feel that my husband and I are very close without it. In fact, I cannot imagine that we would be any closer. When we were first married, of course we had sex much more often, and our relationship is much better now then it was then.

I love my husband very much and would do anything in the world for him (including having sex, when he wishes), but I do not have any desire for it. Which is not the same thing as not having desire for HIM. I simply am not terribly interested in that aspect of our relationship.

I am wondering, just out of curiosity what other people think about it as it relates to their own life/relationships.

20yrsinBranson
It's important to me because we both enjoy it so much, it is an intense way for us to express our feelings about each other, and it absolutely one of the "glues" of our relationship. I don't know if I could be happy in a relationship without sex.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:57 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
bek i can support and care for a cat or dog for a lot less and frankly they are much more appreciative.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:02 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I don't know if I could be happy in a relationship without sex.
Well, I wouldn't be, either, but things do slow down... I doubt there are too many relationships in which the amount of sex is the same as it was in the first few months. Age starts playing a role little by little, too. There's this saying that goes something like this: if you put beans in a jar every time you have sex during the first year and then take them out one by one every time you have sex for the rest of the marriage, you may not run out of them!

Old 03-25-2010, 10:09 PM

37,624 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, I wouldn't be, either, but things do slow down... I doubt there are too many relationships in which the amount of sex is the same as it was in the first few months. Age starts playing a role little by little, too. There's this saying that goes something like this: if you put beans in a jar every time you have sex during the first year and then take them out one by one every time you have sex for the rest of the marriage, you may not run out of them!
Of course they do....I agree. I doubt I'm going to be "warming up" the kitchen counters much when I'm 80. But I still hope to be warming up something!

Old 03-25-2010, 10:12 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,341,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Of course they do....I agree. I doubt I'm going to be "warming up" the kitchen counters much when I'm 80. But I still hope to be warming up something!
Me too

I don't expect a hot steamy sex life for the rest of my life, but for the first several years it better be hot and steamy! If I wanted a comfortable marriage to someone whose company I enjoyed, made a good living, was kind and considerate, and lousy in bed, I would have married my last boyfriend
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships