Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 06:19 PM

2 posts, read 12,189 times

Advertisements

I don't want to sound really vain asking this, I'm just curious and honestly a little insecure lol, but please don't be offended I'm moving to Tokyo in a few months and my friends tell me since I have porcelain skin like a doll, blue eyes and blonde hair the guys there will see me as 'exotic' and they say they'll be all over me, but I've always thought asian guys were really only interested in other asians, maybe that's because where I live in the deep, deep south I hardly ever see any asians, much less asian guys and white girls together.
So basically my question is would the asian guys there be interested in me at all, or do I not stand a chance against the asian girls?

Old 10-05-2009, 06:27 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,032,855 times
They're ok...most Asian men Ive seen (especially the 20-somethings) spend ALOT of time on their hair.Be prepared also for a let-down in the asian-man size department. They dont make the condoms smaller in Japan for no reason. For bigger ones its easier to find them on the military bases.

No, Im not kidding either.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:38 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,728,231 times
For the sake of Asia's diversity, please use the term "Japanese" when speaking of man-sizes.

The hair thing's true though. I cry for every strand of hair that falls off my head If only people knew the various stuff I've done for my hair since my kid years, many will think I'm gay

Old 10-05-2009, 06:59 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,032,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
For the sake of Asia's diversity, please use the term "Japanese" when speaking of man-sizes.

The hair thing's true though. I cry for every strand of hair that falls off my head If only people knew the various stuff I've done for my hair since my kid years, many will think I'm gay
LOL sorry about that. lol
Its true though! My boyfriend and I decided to test the rumor (we'd heard about the smaller rubbers). So he went on base to buy some, I went in some store and got some. The ones bought on base fit...the ones I bought wouldnt even go on! LMAO!

Of course, not all Japanese are like that, but there's got to be a reason, right?

Old 10-05-2009, 10:11 PM

438 posts, read 947,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbeyLea View Post
I don't want to sound really vain asking this, I'm just curious and honestly a little insecure lol, but please don't be offended I'm moving to Tokyo in a few months and my friends tell me since I have porcelain skin like a doll, blue eyes and blonde hair the guys there will see me as 'exotic' and they say they'll be all over me, but I've always thought asian guys were really only interested in other asians, maybe that's because where I live in the deep, deep south I hardly ever see any asians, much less asian guys and white girls together.
So basically my question is would the asian guys there be interested in me at all, or do I not stand a chance against the asian girls?
I've never been to Japan, but from what I've experienced in other Asian countries, pale skin and light hair and eyes are desirable and exotic. So I'm guessing you don't have to worry that they won't find you attractive.

I spent time in China. People were quite curious about me when I was wandering about on my daily routines. Didn't have problems interacting with people or finding folks to hang out with. However, Asian guys may not be as direct when approaching you. This according to the friends I have from Asia. Communication styles are different and involve a lot of reading between the lines. Sometimes people won't flat out tell you what they are interested in, or what they want from you. People don't like to be shamed or embarrassed. Supposedly, the Japanese can be a bit xenophobic, so it's possible that they would prefer dating a Japanese woman over a foreigner. But obviously, this wouldn't describe all Japanese males.

Old 10-05-2009, 10:18 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,648,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
They're ok...most Asian men Ive seen (especially the 20-somethings) spend ALOT of time on their hair.Be prepared also for a let-down in the asian-man size department. They dont make the condoms smaller in Japan for no reason. For bigger ones its easier to find them on the military bases.

No, Im not kidding either.
That's like saying white men are trashy rednecks who eats roadkill and white women who are trashy skanks that have more children than Brangelina. If you got nothing nice to say, don't say it

Old 10-05-2009, 10:21 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,608,903 times
Yes they'll like you, they'll love you long time

Old 10-06-2009, 06:40 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,874,565 times
I will preface this by stating that I am not Asian. My question is why is it cool or funny to perpetuate the same old tired Asian stereotypes and jokes? If someone where to make the same jokes regarding Puerto Ricans or AA, it would be considered racist and offensive. I guess some people need to stomp on others to make themselves feel significant.

How sad.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:01 AM

748 posts, read 1,314,584 times
The Japanese culture is very conservative when it comes to relationships. Skinship, as they call it is very serious business and is done demurely and behind closed doors. Yes they have redlight districts and hentai anime and manga, but for all intents and purposes that is still all hashed and when it comes to a true relationship it is all done respectfully. Be mindfull because respect plays a great part in their day to day and are quite harsh if you offend them in any way. Specially respect to your elders, not only in age but also in social status. You might want to read about it, do your research. Good luck on the trip, you'll have a blast, the great thing about it is that Japanese love the english language, specially the young generations, they love anything american/english and most of them speak it pretty good. Have fun...

Old 10-06-2009, 08:06 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,734,196 times
If you ever find a Japanese guy---good luck with his mother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships