Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 06:44 AM

443 posts, read 565,060 times

Advertisements

Its so hard to put the feelings you had, aside, for someone--even someone awful--because emotion knows no logic or sense. But do it you must! Too bad there isnt a support group online for people to discuss their feelings and support each other in moving on and away from the nasty people they have fallen for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 07:08 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,074,604 times
This will sound stupid to you now but the heart will break, yet brokenly live on.
You will get over it to the point where it doesn't hurt so much.

Time will heal you but it may take a long time.

Old 10-20-2009, 09:58 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeenaN View Post
I realized he didnt love me and he was the first one he broke my heart, It was hard but I moved on.
I had intense feelings about it, spent a week crying and asking what I did wrong till I realize it had to happen, our break up.
I also realized he is a jerk and he didn't try to say nothing more than "sorry".
We talked several times after our break up and acted like we are friends. I didnt care what he is gonna say . I knew I am over him.
But last week we stopped saying hi when we saw online on msn and actually I started it first, he leaded I guess. And i dont think he cared too much If I am talking to me or not.
But, right now, I am feeling depressed and sad because I know he is online and he sets his status 'away' not saying even "hi" .
It hurt me more than anything, right now.
It makes me think not how much i miss him, how much i miss the security about the future and the feeling about being loved and his "selfish" words like "i need you in my life"
Is it possible he just dont care at all about the person he made plans about living together?
You are not over him. You're still looking for explanations and nothing he says is going to be enough. You are seeking out comfort from the person who hurt you - it doesn't work that way. He does not want to be with you. You have to accept it and move on.

Old 10-20-2009, 04:23 PM

76 posts, read 132,180 times
Maybe I am not over him. I am not , I guess.
I know I should fill my time with something and smart people that will replace him and help me go through this.
Thank You all, I really appreciate your effort to help and talking here is much better than trying to talk to him.

Old 10-20-2009, 04:35 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,927,861 times
i'm sure i read somewhere that the rough rule of thumb is it takes one month for every year of the relationship to get over it.

obviously that'll be the average, there will be extremes either side of that !!

Old 10-20-2009, 04:48 PM

We were 6 months together so not that much to forget him huh?
I dont want him back.I just want him be a good person as he was before when I had his only support.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:23 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,987,926 times
The best thing to do is to cut off all contact - as has been suggested in other posts. Block him on any social media, IMs, contacts list and remove his name/number from your phone.

This is difficult and I understand - but it must be done so you can move on as quickly as you can.
Take care of yourself.

Old 10-20-2009, 11:08 PM

1,322 posts, read 2,413,952 times
Quote:
I realized he didnt love me and he was the first one he broke my heart, It was hard but I moved on.
I had intense feelings about it, spent a week crying and asking what I did wrong till I realize it had to happen, our break up.
I also realized he is a jerk and he didn't try to say nothing more than "sorry".
We talked several times after our break up and acted like we are friends. I didnt care what he is gonna say . I knew I am over him.
But last week we stopped saying hi when we saw online on msn and actually I started it first, he leaded I guess. And i dont think he cared too much If I am talking to me or not.
But, right now, I am feeling depressed and sad because I know he is online and he sets his status 'away' not saying even "hi" .
It hurt me more than anything, right now.
It makes me think not how much i miss him, how much i miss the security about the future and the feeling about being loved and his "selfish" words like "i need you in my life"
Is it possible he just dont care at all about the person he made plans about living together?
Life is what happens when we're out making plans. You saw forever, and maybe a long time ago, so did he, but something got in the way. Nobody knows why one person leaves another, but it happens. It's an unfortunate side effect of life. It hurts. We spend all night looking at the clock, trying to think about anything else other than that one person.. It's almost as if something deep inside of us has been wrenched out and left a gaping hole.

It happens countless times as we travel down this road called life. Little things eat away at us each time, but at the same time, we learn a little more about ourselves everytime we go through this. With everything that we learn, we come closer to finding that one person that will complete our lives.

Thing is, I don't know why this dude left, what his intentions were, or anything else. But, to be honest, it doesn't matter. It's in the past. What you have to do now is this: Quit focusing on the things that were and start focusing on what is to be. Learn from the past, cherish it, but don't let it control you. I'm sure you're an amazing person, and once you get past all of this you'll be fine. In fact, I think that you'll meet the absolute perfect man of your dreams quicker than you think.

The simple advice is this: Move on. Delete him from your contacts and from your phone, and let it go. Get out and enjoy life, meet new people, try new things. Life always has a way of taking care of itself. The sooner you let things go, the better off you'll be.

You'll be fine.. Just relax - breath in, breath out, move on.

I wish you the best.

Old 10-21-2009, 04:59 AM

It's very hard thinking of future and not asking why the person that loved you changed that way in one moment.
From sweetest becoming cruelest.
I have my days , and moments and I know I will be ok, I know, I just have a bad time now. Really really bad time.
And I think he is back to his ex for which he always said he never really loved her and when once I said I am becoming like her he said:you're silly, you will never be the person she is.
I guess all that its a lie.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:11 AM

1,322 posts, read 2,413,952 times
Quote:
It's very hard thinking of future and not asking why the person that loved you changed that way in one moment...
I know how it is.. Hell, I think that just about everyone's been there before. There was this one girl that I was just lost over. I thought that she was perfect, that there would never be anyone else like her. It took me almost two years to get over her, but I did. It was hard, but looking back now I realize that she wasn't quite the angel that I thought she was. It's funny how time changes our perspective.

I also know that there's nothing that anyone can say that will make you feel better about things. It is what it is, and only time will ease the hurt. I'll tell ya this though, there's some really amazing people on this forum, and anytime you need to vent then they'll be here to help you out.

So here's the thing: It's time for you to take care of you. It may be hard to move on, but the only way you'll feel better is to do just that. It's alright to feel sad, or lonely, or whatever, but at the same time, you have to take care of you.

- First things first, you have to realize that this isn't your fault. It sounds like this guy wasn't ready for anything serious with you. In fact, if he is back with his ex, he could have just been using you to fill the void - so to speak. You didn't do anything wrong.

- Let go. Close off all contact with the guy. Make sure you get back whatever is yours from him, and then close the door.

- Hang out with friends and family. Nothing makes one feel better than to be around people you care about, especially when you're going through something like this. Try not to talk about him though, keep your thoughts focused elsewhere.

- Stay busy. Find a good hobby, or join a gym. When you start feeling depressed, do something that'll take your mind off of things. The more time you spend not thinking about him, the easier things become. Thing is, when you're out doing things, you're more likely to meet other people. Who knows, you might just meet someone who'll make you feel a million times better than this guy did. Even still, just by going out and making friends, you'll fell a hell of a lot better anyway.

- Pamper yourself. Go get a new haircut, or buy some new clothes. It may sound silly. But just standing in front of a mirror and seeing how hot you look in all of that gives you a major boost in confidence.

The bottom line is this: He wasn't worth it. If he didn't accept you for who you are, then he was never good enough for you. I don't care if he's the best looking, smartest, funniest man that you've ever met. He still wasn't good enough for you. You deserve someone who will stick by you in everything, and never even once give you any doubt as to his love for you.

I wish you the best.. you'll be alright.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships