Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 07:51 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Ha for your info those business men and metro men are always on it too. I worked as a sales rep before the men were always driving and talking.
Hmm, I guess, I don't see them much but I guess it's because I'm in the suburbs, or on the open road. So like you said, there is proly more of it in the metro areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 08:10 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Hmm, I guess, I don't see them much but I guess it's because I'm in the suburbs, or on the open road. So like you said, there is proly more of it in the metro areas.
I am not in the city area either....its all the snobs around here..I live in an area where alot of uppity-ups live.lol

Old 10-20-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I am not in the city area either....its all the snobs around here..I live in an area where alot of uppity-ups live.lol
lol, there is a lot of money around me too but in my neck of the woods people are pretty cool

Old 10-20-2009, 08:38 PM

2,353 posts, read 5,376,131 times
No I would not............

Anytime 1 of my "freinds" do something "I" do not approve of I throw them under the bus and run like hell

Old 10-20-2009, 08:54 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
I have a friend like that. We were much tighter in our 20s, and he was always getting into scrapes. I once had to drive 300 miles round trip to get him out out jail so he wouldn't lose his job the next morning.

I finally put some distance between us because he was always making idiotic decisions and I grew tired of being his one-man support group. He, by some miracle, married a girl who straightened him out. We still see each other a couple of times a year, but he always drinks way too much at the party. Last Christmas, it was a fifth of Maker's Mark.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:00 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,235,515 times
One of my best friends got three DWIs that I know of. He was my friend long before he got the first one, and I wouldn't toss a friend aside because he has a problem. But our lives have gone in different directions not related to his drinking.

I'd guess that many of us older folks who used to drink, at one time didn't think twice about hopping behind the wheel to drive home from the bar. Heck, we were too drunk to walk! It wasn't until the late 70s that the cops started cracking down on dwi in my town. I was guilty as hell many times, just never got busted -- nor even gave it much thought. Now I realize that I wasn't lucky for not getting ticketed; I was lucky I never killed anyone.

I am careful now -- not of cops, but of not having more than two drinks when we go out -- and only the second one in the second hour.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:13 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times
There are people who drink and never get caught on the road. It doesn't take a DUI for them to become undesirable to me.

I just stopped contact with someone who has had a few DUI's, the number changes depending on who you ask. It wasn't the DUI that did it for me. It was his behavior when he drank, being untrustworthy, out of control and how it affected me and my other relationships. I'm supportive to a point. Once it starts to adversely affect my life, they're out.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
There are people who drink and never get caught on the road. It doesn't take a DUI for them to become undesirable to me

You are 100% correct. My x use to attend all kinds of house party's and get pissy drunk. Well, one day, I asked her, "who drives all those drunk people home???" She then told me, "they all drive themselves home." And mind you, sometimes they are driving completely wasted because when the cops would show up, people would jump in there cars drive to another house and start drinking all over again.

Anyhow, that's why it's best to be in the house around 10 or 11 oclock; there is just to much crazy stuff that happens when the sun sets.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:22 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Yea, no kidding. About a month ago, I was waiting at a stop light to make a left turn and the opposing traffic was going by and I just to happen to see a woman in a red SUV blow across the intersection coming in my direction (get this) as she had her sun visor down while FULLY powering her face! I mean she was NOT EVEN LOOKING AT THE ROAD!!!! She could have lost control of the SUV and slammed right into me!

And whats up with all the women on their cell phones while they are driving; it's like who are all these women talking to??
Those women are talking to ME!!! We're exchanging hair and makeup tips while riding down the freeway!!!

Old 10-21-2009, 01:02 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,902,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
One of my best friends got three DWIs that I know of. He was my friend long before he got the first one, and I wouldn't toss a friend aside because he has a problem. But our lives have gone in different directions not related to his drinking.

I'd guess that many of us older folks who used to drink, at one time didn't think twice about hopping behind the wheel to drive home from the bar. Heck, we were too drunk to walk! It wasn't until the late 70s that the cops started cracking down on dwi in my town. I was guilty as hell many times, just never got busted -- nor even gave it much thought. Now I realize that I wasn't lucky for not getting ticketed; I was lucky I never killed anyone.

I am careful now -- not of cops, but of not having more than two drinks when we go out -- and only the second one in the second hour.
And that is pretty much how I view it.

I certainly believe that if you value your friendship you'd be very much wanting to help a friend re-learn the behaviour if they haven't cottoned on as quickly as you have (meaning me). Regardless of if my friend has a DUI or not (and it's not like they can get them repeatedly, well here at least without bigger and more increasing measures being taken by the authorities) if I see someone that I care about preparing to leave somewhere in their car and I know they've been drinking and are quite possibly over the limit then I will take measures to do whatever I can to stop them from driving. That said, it's not that big of a deal these days because generally if we are planning an evening out and there will be drinking we make arrangements for someone to be the designated driver and we all take turns at that honour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships