Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 06:47 AM

84 posts, read 268,256 times

Advertisements

In another posting I was shocked to see people were so open about being naked with their husband and wife. I do not believe the answers. Everyone acted like they were not at all self conscious about their spouse seeing them in the buff. I think many couples are more comfortable in the dark and under covers, especially as they get older and fatter.

How about the first time you were naked in front of your lover. Maybe it was early in the relationship and you did not know him or her all that well.. Maybe you were still a little shy conversationally. So were you nervous about him or her seeing all of you the first time?

(I sure was)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 07:16 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,103,591 times
Again, your presumptions and misperceptions astound me. Perhaps you need to take some of your braininess and do some reading. Obviously relying upon your seeming limited life experiences and observing the dysfunctional people you know is now leading you to call those who respond to your threads as liars.

First, let's address your older means fatter quip. For some, that is true. For others, the opposite is true. My grandmother who died at 90 was a large woman most of her life - large boned, tall at 5'11" and weight slightly above average. Yet as she aged, her weight dropped, beginning when she retired and was no longer exercising. Funny, her muscles atrophied when she no longer exercised along with her students (she was a phys ed teacher); and with the loss of muscle tone, she lost weight. I have a 90+ year old neighbor who is so thin, I am always trying to feed her. Hah, she could dance rings around most 20/30 yr olds - she bowls on 2 leagues, volunteers at a food bank and doesn't look a day over 60. Then there was my other grandmother who started gaining weight when her children and grandchildren left her nest and didn't stop gaining until she died. It's not an automatic. Your biases are showing.

Then let's address this issue that people who are comfortable with their bodies and with their lovers seeing it all, regardless the shape, are either liars or obviously in the extreme minority. Where do you get such whacked out theories?

Check out the nudist camps and clothing optional beaches and even a whole town in France where nudity is the norm. Some people are comfortable being nude around strangers and others only around loved ones but many people ARE comfortable in not caring if someone else is judging them on body shape.

Obviously there are a great number of people who are repressed and insecure. Therapy can cure that, child.

Old 10-22-2009, 07:20 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,680,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainy Intellectual Type View Post
In another posting I was shocked to see people were so open about being naked with their husband and wife. I do not believe the answers. Everyone acted like they were not at all self conscious about their spouse seeing them in the buff. I think many couples are more comfortable in the dark and under covers, especially as they get older and fatter.

How about the first time you were naked in front of your lover. Maybe it was early in the relationship and you did not know him or her all that well.. Maybe you were still a little shy conversationally. So were you nervous about him or her seeing all of you the first time?

(I sure was)
Nope. I'm proud of how I look, and I know I look especially good considering my age of 47 years. I'm routinely mistaken as being in my mid-30s.

Old 10-22-2009, 07:40 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,640,975 times
Years ago, maybe over 15 years ago, I used to be shy but over the years I've become very confident in my appearance in the buff and like the way I look - could it be better? Sure, there are things I would like changed but all-in-all, I'm quite comfortable in my own skin.

Old 10-22-2009, 07:43 AM

6,449 posts, read 9,807,225 times
I couldnt wait to jump in the sack with my wife!!! lol I had no problems at all getting naked for her! I don't think had any problems either because she didn't have clothes on any longer than I did haha

Old 10-22-2009, 07:46 AM

2,133 posts, read 5,875,681 times
Nope, not the slightest bit shy. Back then I was working out 5 or 6 days a week and was totally buff. Not a jiggle or lumpy bump in sight.

While I may not still have that body, I know DH loves me unconditionally and that goes a long way to making me comfortable in the daylight or when the lights are still on.

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
I have no problem with being naked in front of my partner and she actively encourages it.

I think if I were still "heavy" I'd be more self-conscious.

Someday, if the opportunity arises, I would go to a nude beach just for the experience and novelty of it.

9,444 posts, read 17,379,476 times
Quote:

(I sure was)
You don't have to believe it, but I'm pretty sure everyone was honest with their replies.

I was not shy the first time, because usually when it's the first time, it's a very passionate and heated moment and you don't think about how your body looks that minute. You just think about ripping his and your clothes off and getting to business. If you are worried about your body during sex, you are not enjoying it fully.

Old 10-22-2009, 07:59 AM

13,601 posts, read 21,388,345 times
I'd strip in front of you all without hardly a after thought. So for a woman I'd do it in a split second.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:02 AM

2,412 posts, read 7,176,172 times
Quote:
No, not shy at all. Really, what's the big deal? You're nude in front of someone with whom you about to have sex. Like max's mama, the first time (and second, third, fourth...) I was very aroused and not worried about being naked. Furthermore, she's gonna have my stick inside of her...there's nothing wrong at all with her having a good look at him. Likewise, I want to take a look at the pool I'm diving into.

I agree with NY Annie: your presumptions and misperceptions are astounding. Sounds like you've got some hangups, Brainy Intellectual Type.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships