Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 01:14 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eger View Post
People don't understand mixed race relationships, nor do they like it.

My gf for instance hates it.

I've been with a black woman before and got nothing but harrassment from black men asking why she is with that white dude, you need to be with a real black man..ect
Interesting. I once dated a really sweet white guy but alas! All his friends and family were unpleasantly surprised at his sudden interest in black females.

It goes both ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 01:22 PM

484 posts, read 1,217,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYchi View Post
I'm a black female and my bf is Italian, we live in new york and as diverse and liberal new york is, people still stare. Isn't it 2009 going on 2010?
I can only assume it's because you two are of above-average beauty. Either that or they are jealous because they have no one to hold hands with. Enjoy your life!

Old 10-27-2009, 01:27 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
I'm a black female and my bf is Italian, we live in new york and as diverse and liberal new york is, people still stare. Isn't it 2009 going on 2010?
Most likely it is because you two look like you are very happy together. You are probably smiling, laughing and enjoying each other's company. In this day and age, you just don't see that very often. Mostly people are frowning and glaring and ignoring each other.

20yrsinBranson

Old 10-27-2009, 01:29 PM

821 posts, read 2,038,549 times
I think for the most part people could care less they might be staring for other reason... they find one or both (lol) attractive or something like that... but if not I still dont see a reason to even think about it so what if other people are not excepting who cares... I could care less what people think of me.. They are stangers after all!!!

Old 10-27-2009, 01:39 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
Okay lets get something straight. There is a HUGE difference between a hostile stare and a "dang you iz sexy/cute/hot/fine/cool" stare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC JC Mom View Post
I think for the most part people could care less they might be staring for other reason... they find one or both (lol) attractive or something like that... but if not I still dont see a reason to even think about it so what if other people are not excepting who cares... I could care less what people think of me.. They are stangers after all!!!

Old 10-27-2009, 01:48 PM

821 posts, read 2,038,549 times
Lol - I know theres a diffrence but if they are staring at you because they are not exepting then they are ignorant and you are not going to change their minds so I would waste any energy on a ignorant person that I'm never going to see again.

Old 10-27-2009, 01:51 PM

It sucks when the people at your neighborhood or college campus do it to you. Been there done that sadly you have to see those idiots over and over again. Thankfully some people have the luxury of moving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC JC Mom View Post
Lol - I know theres a diffrence but if they are staring at you because they are not exepting then they are ignorant and you are not going to change their minds so I would waste any energy on a ignorant person that I'm never going to see again.

Old 10-27-2009, 01:51 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times
Quote:
Because NYC is "limousine liberal" as opposed to liberal.

Old 10-27-2009, 02:04 PM

And limousine liberal means what exactly? Two faced and fake? Ha ha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Because NYC is "limousine liberal" as opposed to liberal.

Old 10-27-2009, 02:10 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
And limousine liberal means what exactly? Two faced and fake? Ha ha.
Somewhat, yes. You know, the type that says "Let's build more shelters for the homeless and care centers for drug addicts!" A politician goes on to propose one in the neighborhood of the wealthier people whose idea it was in the first place and the residents fight it tooth and nail.

"We have no problem with you dating a black guy even though you are white/a Christian even though you are a Jew" until they do and then it winds up looking like a scene in Jungle Fever.

Limo libs live by NIMBY. Not In My Back Yard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships