Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 07:53 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
Why in the hell would you want to be with a girl who acts like this? She sounds like a spoiled brat! Why do you settle for that?

Please, do yourself a favor and go out and get a real woman.
Now now thats what he gets for dating a younger gal. When I was 22 I dated a man that was 29. From my experience Hun you have the upper hand..young and dumb...has no idea how hard the real world is. She seems into you and she probably is. If she does come over thats your test on how she reacts...think of it as an adventure for both of you. If she doesn't dig your place...tell her so where's yours? Messiness can be cleaned up...personality is a different story. If it doesn't work..well at least you tested it and now to move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 07:56 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Griff View Post
Well, I didn't furnish my apartment because it feels like a pitstop to me, and the mail slot is in the front door so someone can lift the flap and see what I have inside. Furthermore, no one really visits anyway, and I don't want to furnish it just for potential company. I intend to move out soon, and when I do move into my next place it will be fully furnished (of course, I expect the place to be a bit nicer).

Admittedly, I am somewhat ashamed of how I am living. I know what I'm doing, but I make decent money yet I live like a broke college student. Helps me out in the long run but I still sometimes feel a little embarrassed by it. Also, this girl is attractive and makes for decent company although there are some characteristics I can live without. I probably do need to either find another woman, decide to remain single, or shut up and ride the wave. Not sure exactly what to do about that at this point, but I know I'm still very apprehensive about her coming here.
Tell her a lie its getting painted...lol j/k.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:15 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,606,010 times
Let's see, you make a point to note that:

-she expects you to spend a total of four hours and 40 minutes (minimum) transporting her on your own dime for gettogethers

-her background, unlike yours, lends itself to spoiledness and pretention

-you assume she'd spend her time at your place behaving critically, whining, and ordering you around, and you don't feel like hearing it

-you're sick of being asked to host

-you feel put on the spot

Why do you have any association with her at all? It sounds like you're not all that interested in her/having much connection with her, perhaps for good reason. You really just sound annoyed and irritated by her, not attracted.

I don't know, from what you wrote, the expectation that you'll provided all the transportation for a fairly long-distance arrangement is pretty ridic. Other than that, it's hard to say that her wanting to come over is super unreasonable. I've done LDRs of greater distance, and really, it's pointless to make that kind of a trip to grab a coffee and see ya later. If she's into you, obviously she wants to spend time with you. It honestly doesn't sound like you're into her.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:27 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,729,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Are you serious? Would you let your daughter agree to that with a guy she just met?
She's 22 years old, not 16. My initial concern might be why my daughter wants to see his place which is so far away after only a couple of dates, not how she goes about arranging it.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:02 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,570,841 times
Spoiled but doesn't have a car? Am I missing something?
I say oblige her, but first clean the damn place up, if you don't have crap as you claim keeping it clean shouldn't be an issue. If she starts quizzing you on why you live the way you do explain it to her as you have done here. If she doesn't like it you can dump her when you get her home.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:13 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,742,566 times
I would tell her in a very relaxed, unashamed way, that you are paying debts and have a nearly unfurnished apartment - just the bare necessities. Just tell her that before you show it to her. But don't make it a point of telling her this as a way to prepare her. Just bring it into a normal conversation about your goals and how you are meeting them.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
She's 22 years old, not 16. My initial concern might be why my daughter wants to see his place which is so far away after only a couple of dates, not how she goes about arranging it.
Seriously, at 22 years old, I wasn't really requiring parental oversight on my dating life.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:30 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,790,307 times
In the space of three paragraphs you said she's spoiled and pretentious...so why are you with her? Do you honestly want to get serious with someone like this? If not, then who cares what she thinks of your place? Go out, have fun, and quench her curiosity and have her over after you've cleaned up a bit. She may just surprise you and not really care all that much about where you live.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
In the space of three paragraphs you said she's spoiled and pretentious...so why are you with her?

Don't forget whiny and bossy and demanding. I wondered the same thing.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:36 PM

23 posts, read 25,989 times
From a lady...the thing is that you need to be 100% true to yourself. It seems as though you don't really know her. Now if all you are wanting is a little ya know, well then get the heck over how the house looks and just do it. But if by chance you really do like this girl, get to know her, when you feel comfortable that she is in tune with the way that you choose to live then things will be all good. I am always a fan of not playing the game, tell the girl what it is that you own and why. If it is meant to be then it is meant to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships