Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 02:47 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Id say women when you factor in not only looks but everything else

As far as looks reagardless of what women say and that theyre not as visual as men theyre are just as visual as men..

I see single and even my married friends women gawk over a hot man at a party and treat him like hes a king..Laugh at every stupid joke he says etc
Of course women will look at a hot guy, but just based on experience, a guy's list of must-haves for a partner usually consists of a lot more physical characteristics than a woman's. Like I said earlier, there are a hell of a lot of dudes who don't care what a woman is like as a person, as long as she's sexy.

Old 11-18-2009, 02:47 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
See responses above, you have some things slightly correct and other things you are way off. We just want a relationship where we don't have to think about it and it comes naturally, a guy who knows passion, love, acceptance, sympathy, rough and tumble at times, handy, great in bed, loves his family, does a good job all the time, is strong but will cry and not feel embarrassed, loves his children. Someone who cares about their appearance and their job but isn't a workaholic, someone who is patient, smart, funny, charming.... and you may ask what you get in return... it's simple.. the same thing WHEN you have found your perfect partner.
Just wondering why the hell would you care if your friends think hes attractive or not?

Old 11-18-2009, 02:50 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Of course women will look at a hot guy, but just based on experience, a guy's list of must-haves for a partner usually consists of a lot more physical characteristics than a woman's. Like I said earlier, there are a hell of a lot of dudes who don't care what a woman is like as a person, as long as she's sexy.
I dont agree with that..Maybe make out but wouldnt get in a long term relationship with a women whos a miserable human being..

Ive heard women say they were shocked a guy is a bad guy because of how his face looks or because he has blue eyes. some really goofy stuff..

Old 11-18-2009, 03:06 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Hi fleetiebelle,

Absolutely true as far as looks. However what do you think the engagement rocks are about? Its the epitome of superficial one up on the other girls, and its an institution that props up a huge diamond cartel. What the friends think is enormously important for women who have much more established social networks. How long does it take to discuss what he does for a living? Many men, including me, could not care less what other people think.

The other day I was admiring my wife's back side. Its one of those moments where had I smoked, I would take a long lustful drag on my cigarette. Going into her 3rd trimester, I realized that her weight distribution of an originally narrow waist was far superior to keeping it around the middle. Keeping her fat stores in the lower regions also must help with stress on her organs and heart.(which is why men are more vulnerable to heart attacks).

The laws of bio-mechanics are well at work in my male brain in the service of the species. That is why we like a "look". This idea that this is somehow some cultural volition in the rational mind is like trying to talk myself out of tasting sweet on my taste buds.

Old 11-18-2009, 03:46 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Who is more superficial...it's the guys with the Asian fetishes.
Best post of the day. Marry me!!

Old 11-18-2009, 03:59 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,058,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManGoneADreamin View Post
Men?

or

Women?

I would say women for sure.

Since men need a woman who is-
1. Attractive to them
2. Not annoying to their ears
oh , and lastly
3. Puts out

Women need a man who-
1. Is good looking to them and their friends.
2. Dresses in current fashion or really unique styles.
3. Wears a decent watch, and preferably gold necklace under shirt and/or earring.
4. Knows how to dance a little bit.
5. Has future career goals.
6. Offers to do manly jobs around the house.
7. Likes their friends.
8. Will wait for them.
9. Will put her before anything else, no matter how unnecessary the thing is she wants him to do for her.
10. Is good at socializing.
11. Will raise her own view of her status in society.
12. Is nice and confident with them, but kind of cocky and tough around other men.
13. Puts out on their terms.

What are your lists/opinions? Ladies, am I right/wrong?
LMAO!!! This list is hysterical!!! I'm sorry, but the gold necklace thing is cracking me up! And earring?!? Is this some guido high school list that you made up? Too funny!

Old 11-18-2009, 04:05 PM

22,192 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I can't speak for all women, but that isn't my list of requirements one bit.
you can speak for me Thursday because that isn't my list at all either
and I am a woman also

what a strange list, both of them
i would say the person who wins the prize for "most superficial" is the person who can come up with those bizarre lists in the first place and actually believe that is "what men want" and "what women want"

Old 11-18-2009, 04:07 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
LMAO!!! This list is hysterical!!! I'm sorry, but the gold necklace thing is cracking me up! And earring?!? Is this some guido high school list that you made up? Too funny!

Hi dvcgal,

I think a girl gave me her number and cited one of the reasons was I did not wear a gold chain.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:10 PM

22,192 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
Uuuhhhmmm, you for coming up with a list of what you think what women wants in a guy?
You're right. That was an easy question.
yup! i agree!

Old 11-18-2009, 04:16 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManGoneADreamin View Post
??? share the list then.... help us guys out!
There are really only two secrets a woman has. One of them is what is inside that little zipper portion of her purse. I once knew a guy who dared venture in there and was never heard from again. The other is there is no list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships