Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 12:37 AM

361 posts, read 1,088,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Hey, OP:

You know, it is possible that she really meant it when she said she wants to be friends. She might enjoy your friendship... as a person. She may want to keep the friendship. She may be trying to maintain the friendship.

I have been friends with guys who tried to make a move on me and were rejected. For some reason, they believed that because I didn't want to date them, that meant I didn't want to be friends with them. WRONG. I really enjoyed their friendship and who they were as people - I just wasn't attracted to them.
Well then it boils down to the fact that I do not appreciate the way she has led me on so far. I know when chemistry clicks, and I been doin this nuff times to know when a female drops signs that shes feelin u. N trust me, shes been droppin crazy signs, at least in the past.

Friends, females or not, do not sit in the middle of a baseball field at night, wrapped in a blanket, overlooking a city skyline and feed each other baked goods.

Friends swig down entire bottles of MD 20/20, scream at strangers then throw up in public, and blame the horrendous night on each other the following morning.

I'm sorry, but she has led me on to be everything but a friend. She deserves to get dissed, and badly too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I'm a woman and went through this crap with two different guys I've known. So, it isn't just females that do it. It was unbelievably exhausting. The whole 'come here-go away' every other day - it'll kill ya.
Why did they do this? Was it just for attention? Were they genuinely interested and just acted strange about it? Or did they have some other weird social agenda? I'm still kinda confused about this whole thing, gotta be honest.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:49 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,203,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtParkShiner View Post
Why did they do this? For attention? Were they genuinely interested and just strange about? Or did they have some other weird social agenda?
Yep they did it for the attention (and not sex nor was I misreading them) and loved the humor. Part of it may be control issues or just a screw loose. The minute I would ignore them - there they were and the next day they had issues and then the next day they are there. It's like an amusement park ride. People like this aren't always with intimacy issues and I knew a couple women that were this way with men too. In my own friends circle and I disliked them both or I should say I disliked their personalities.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:59 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,576,699 times
Quote:
Well there's this girl who I've been gettin real close with and havin good feelings with, and my friend completely bombed everything one night when he made a joke, just during the conclusion of a great day of hanging with her, about the two of us having sex (and that's just keeping it PG-13). Well then there was like this real awkward moment, where she was like "ugh no" and then she had to leave a few minutes later. Well then she hits me back with an email about 20 minutes later explaing that were "just friends" and "don't think it's going beyond that" yadda yadda. She was like real stern and out of character in the email, soundin real serious.

So I gave her space the next day. Yet even though I gave her tons of space, didn't talk with her, showed no emotions to her, and basically was an a-hole to her (in a subtle, passive aggressive sorta way- hey, like my "friends"), she was like all over me that day. She would go out of her way to find me, and talk to me, and make really forced jokes and conversation to try and get me to talk with her or whatever. She would like walk across a whole crowded room through a whole bunch of other peers to ask me some stupid question. It was almost as if the email never happened, and then some. I never seen her act like that before, almost desperate in a way.

So what's the deal? Why is she saying "give me space" or "were just friends" and then hovering all over me n chasing me? Is she feelin me or what? Does she like me? Man u ladies got me all confused. Why do girls do this? It's completely Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde. Males/FEMALES: What's up?!

Ever heard the term "psycho"? How about "Sybil"?

Old 11-23-2009, 07:07 AM

2,382 posts, read 4,594,469 times
Quote:
Well then it boils down to the fact that I do not appreciate the way she has led me on so far. I know when chemistry clicks, and I been doin this nuff times to know when a female drops signs that shes feelin u. N trust me, shes been droppin crazy signs, at least in the past.

Friends, females or not, do not sit in the middle of a baseball field at night, wrapped in a blanket, overlooking a city skyline and feed each other baked goods.

Friends swig down entire bottles of MD 20/20, scream at strangers then throw up in public, and blame the horrendous night on each other the following morning.

I'm sorry, but she has led me on to be everything but a friend. She deserves to get dissed, and badly too.
Or you could be the bigger person and just ... move on. If you're sticking around to play into the games - the same thing she's doing with you - doesn't that put you on the same level as her?

Old 11-23-2009, 07:11 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,650,125 times
It's called keeping your options open. She is doing enough to keep you interested and when you get too close she is pushing you away but still keeping you hanging by that one thread. It's an unfortunate game that young women play.
The ball is in your court, you either like and enable the game playing or you call her out and tell her enough is enough, you have no time for BS.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:59 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,347,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
She likes the attention but doesn't want anything other than that from you. Notice when you leave her alone then she comes running...it's an attention factor and game and I've seen it in both men and women and frankly it's just draining.

Damn right skippy!

Old 11-23-2009, 09:07 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,931,657 times
my friend, i think you need to get out more.

are you 13 years old by any chance ??

"i know when chemistry clicks"

yeah ? not this time then !!

"feed each other baked goods"

??

is this like a puzzle ?
if baked = she digs me, but if was popcorn we'd just be friends.

perhaps you and TVSG could have your own section of the forum

Quote:

Old 11-23-2009, 11:58 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,382,460 times
Quote:
Well there's this girl who I've been gettin real close with and havin good feelings with, and my friend completely bombed everything one night when he made a joke, just during the conclusion of a great day of hanging with her, about the two of us having sex (and that's just keeping it PG-13). Well then there was like this real awkward moment, where she was like "ugh no" and then she had to leave a few minutes later. Well then she hits me back with an email about 20 minutes later explaing that were "just friends" and "don't think it's going beyond that" yadda yadda. She was like real stern and out of character in the email, soundin real serious.

So I gave her space the next day. Yet even though I gave her tons of space, didn't talk with her, showed no emotions to her, and basically was an a-hole to her (in a subtle, passive aggressive sorta way- hey, like my "friends"), she was like all over me that day. She would go out of her way to find me, and talk to me, and make really forced jokes and conversation to try and get me to talk with her or whatever. She would like walk across a whole crowded room through a whole bunch of other peers to ask me some stupid question. It was almost as if the email never happened, and then some. I never seen her act like that before, almost desperate in a way.

So what's the deal? Why is she saying "give me space" or "were just friends" and then hovering all over me n chasing me? Is she feelin me or what? Does she like me? Man u ladies got me all confused. Why do girls do this? It's completely Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde. Males/FEMALES: What's up?!
Hi HumboldtParkShiner,

Many women like aholes, cads and criminals aka someone who can defend the nest. When you don't give them attention, they feel like they are slipping and their esteem takes a hit. So then they amp up the charms to try and wrangle you in the corral again. When you don't respond, some also get the idea you are something special. Mind you it only applies to a workable attraction in the first place.

If it gets bad enough, their esteem can be so injured they cling as if you are all there is. Just ask a pimp. They often find weaker women and strip away what is left of their self esteem. If a women thinks she is nothing, she thinks she is lucky to have you even if you are a bum.

If she is one of these, I'll bet if you make all nice she will dump you again. If you blow her off and call randomly a week later to borrow a cup of sugar, she will be interested. This is not an LTR mode women. She is in barbarian stud mode looking for muscle and manly lamb chops.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi HumboldtParkShiner,

Many women like aholes, cads and criminals aka someone who can defend the nest. When you don't give them attention, they feel like they are slipping and their esteem takes a hit. So then they amp up the charms to try and wrangle you in the corral again. When you don't respond, some also get the idea you are something special. Mind you it only applies to a workable attraction in the first place.

If it gets bad enough, their esteem can be so injured they cling as if you are all there is. Just ask a pimp. They often find weaker women and strip away what is left of their self esteem. If a women things she is nothing, she thinks she is lucky to have you even if you are a bum.

If she is one of these, I'll bet if you make all nice she will dump you again. If you blow her off and call randomly a week later to borrow a cup of sugar, she will be interested. This is not an LTR mode women. She is in barbarian stud mode looking for muscle and manly lamb chops.
Thanks for the help. I've been aware of that philosophy for a while now n it works, the more disrespectful you are to women, the more they come running back. I've realized women are like boomerangs, the harder you throw them, the more force they come back with. Hey don't hate me for sayin this ladies, that is just how you all function, whether u all admit or not.

That is why I applied that method the next day, when she asked for space and to just be "friends" the night before. I gave it to her, and then some. And our theories were correct, she came running back in a heart beat, to the point where she was coming off as awkward. My question is though, does this mean she is attracted to me? Does she like me or what? I don't understand why you would play games with someone if you don't like them or want nothin to do with them in the first place, even if its just something as shallow as sex or money... seems like just a big waste of time to me. So what's the deal? Why waste all the time and energy? I mean, to do this, you must have to dig someone in some sort of certain way yeah?

I'm not some soft, lovey-dovey type guy, n I never drop my guard and let someone take advantage of me. I've never been in a situation like this before with an opposite sex, either they feel me, or (occasionally) they don't. Or if they do play some strange games or run their cute little tests, it is cause they do like me, n just want to make sure I'm for real. Not just, "Get attention". Recently she's been bringing around ugly, lame guys too (way below her league) in front of me and flirting over-the-top with them, but only when I'm right there. She never hangs with them one-on-one when I'm not around, like she did for a while with me. Just another game she's been playing. Appeciate the help tho everybody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships