Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 07:35 AM

128 posts, read 403,421 times

Advertisements

OK, I admit it I am a married man and I flirt with other women sometimes. No, I am not going to have an affair. And no I am not interested in going out on a date with the women I flirt with. I only flirt with women because it is fun and it makes me feel attractive. The married women I flirt with- flirt right back. Sometimes when our spouses are right next to us.

What do you think of married people who flirt? Is it wrong or just honest fun?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 07:38 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,428,627 times
You say you are not going to have an affair or go on a date and thats all easy in theory.....but what if one of these women you are flirting with you are or become attracted/attached to. Could easily happen.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:41 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
Honestly, only you know the answer to this question because only you know what your true intentions are. Some will say it's wrong and others will say it's harmless, all depends on what you want out of it.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:52 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Honestly, only you know the answer to this question because only you know what your true intentions are. Some will say it's wrong and others will say it's harmless, all depends on what you want out of it.
Not always the case. Often it starts out innocent enough, just playful flirting. But someone takes it seriously and pretty soon things are happening you hadn't intended on. And when you mix innocent flirting with alcohol, forget it.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:55 AM

6,453 posts, read 9,816,761 times
I think if you are flirting with someone and not hiding it, that it's ok. It's when you flirt and dont want the spouse to find out that people have to worry about it.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:56 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,008,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Not always the case. Often it starts out innocent enough, just playful flirting. But someone takes it seriously and pretty soon things are happening you hadn't intended on. And when you mix innocent flirting with alcohol, forget it.
Yep, alcohol is known to set off fireworks.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:58 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
I think if you are flirting with someone and not hiding it, that it's ok. It's when you flirt and dont want the spouse to find out that people have to worry about it.
Yep. Doing things on the sly is never OK.

OP, your married "friend" who wishes his wife would disappear should probably lay off the flirting and focus on what's going on in his own life. Flirting will just widen the rift between him and his wife.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:00 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times
I just never understood why you'd get married in the first place if you want to act single--either in the open or in secret.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:00 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
That's where self control comes into play. It goes back to knowing yourself and what you really want. If he's weak and can't resist temptation then he shouldn't be flirting, unless of course he wants more than just flirting. Again, only he knows the answer to that. Some folks can handle it, some can't.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:06 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,428,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
knowing yourself and what you really want. Again, only he knows the answer to that.
The problem is, alot of people don't know the answer to that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships