Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 04:44 PM

16,223 posts, read 25,703,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
I don't try to avoid homelessness. Heck, I used to volunteer at a homeless shelter and might start teaching living skills to homeless youth. I only recently stopped volunteering at a food bank due to that whole H1N1 thing. I don't want to expose myself to certain contagions if I don't have to.

Having said this, I would not have felt like I "fit in" today with all of these people so why go?
I think thats great that you used to volunteer at a homeless shelter! Awesome!
No, I don`t blame you for not wanting to interact with certain.."contagions" either. Unfortunetly, I don`t have a choice in my employment, but I don`t mind really. I figure its just part of my job.
I hope that you enjoyed your Thanksgiving!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2009, 04:49 PM

804 posts, read 2,896,697 times
Quote:
I REALLY do not want to go. I am trying to come up with a reason that will not hurt my friend's feelings. The truth is I just do NOT want to be around her friends. I am just not up to it. Yet - I am to bring something.

Why must I spend this holiday with other people when I feel this way? I just want to be alone with my puppies and eat pizza. HELP! Thanks.
Dont worry.. your "friend" just saw this post and doesn't want you to come now... or ever. bye.

Old 11-26-2009, 05:50 PM

378 posts, read 1,065,220 times
Quote:
I REALLY do not want to go. I am trying to come up with a reason that will not hurt my friend's feelings. The truth is I just do NOT want to be around her friends. I am just not up to it. Yet - I am to bring something.

Why must I spend this holiday with other people when I feel this way? I just want to be alone with my puppies and eat pizza. HELP! Thanks.
I may be a little late but the excuse of sudden onset of explosive diarrhea and you are on the fourth bathroom trip is usually good. I do not think they will ask you to elaborate on details. Then you can enjoy your pizza and puppies at home.

Old 11-26-2009, 07:39 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,337,006 times
ahaha I told my parents six different lies today to get out of having to go to my grandparents' boring farm. I have homework and papers (I do, but I'm not gonna work on them), I have sinus pains (it went away), I have to work (my job is closed on Thanksgiving), and other lies...

Old 11-26-2009, 07:46 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,719,897 times
Quote:

"I just don't feel good right now." Which seems to be true.

Old 11-26-2009, 08:23 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,807,938 times
Quote:

Such drama as always and you think that posting a new thread on a "new" subject will afford you more CD "prime time" and thus somehow justify you?

With all due respect, and as much as you obviously resent those alleged "stalkers" who dare to read your previous threads and posts, you really do have some bloody nerve asking this question given all your previous posts on the subject.

Some of us DO read your previous posts and threads - something which we can easily do on this and any other forum.

Apropos another of your threads, I've no doubt you could drive someone to drink or, at best, wonder if they should have momentarily gone off the wagon.

There comes a point on either this relatively intelligent forum or any other relatively intelligent forum where a poster realizes that one can fool some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time.

Some of us have grown up enough and have very few axes to grind but feel confident enough to give advice. You listen, fine! You don't listen, fine!

There might be others hovering out there who will listen and that's important. But they're coming in cold with no idea of the history.

Right now you seem to me to be a very worried and rather messed-up lady who's having a hard time disassociating herself from the maladjusted crowd around you.

Your choice. As long as you keep making lame excuses, nothing is going to go your way. It's up to you. Good luck.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:15 PM

2,381 posts, read 4,597,959 times
*sigh*

And everything that STT said/pointed out.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:38 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,769,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Such drama as always and you think that posting a new thread on a "new" subject will afford you more CD "prime time" and thus somehow justify you?

With all due respect, and as much as you obviously resent those alleged "stalkers" who dare to read your previous threads and posts, you really do have some bloody nerve asking this question given all your previous posts on the subject.

Some of us DO read your previous posts and threads - something which we can easily do on this and any other forum.

Apropos another of your threads, I've no doubt you could drive someone to drink or, at best, wonder if they should have momentarily gone off the wagon.

There comes a point on either this relatively intelligent forum or any other relatively intelligent forum where a poster realizes that one can fool some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time.

Some of us have grown up enough and have very few axes to grind but feel confident enough to give advice. You listen, fine! You don't listen, fine!

There might be others hovering out there who will listen and that's important. But they're coming in cold with no idea of the history.

Right now you seem to me to be a very worried and rather messed-up lady who's having a hard time disassociating herself from the maladjusted crowd around you.

Your choice. As long as you keep making lame excuses, nothing is going to go your way. It's up to you. Good luck.
There's no reason to hand her the TVSG treatment

Old 11-26-2009, 10:02 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,462,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post

STT, you are NOT a nice person and I won't spend more time in this thread than telling you so. You give everyone a hard time and just look in the mirror. And, btw, STT, do you honestly think in the real world people are tracking threads as if it really matters? Let CD be your life!

Last edited by yankeegirl313; 11-27-2009 at 07:12 AM..

Old 11-26-2009, 10:03 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,462,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
There's no reason to hand her the TVSG treatment
It's obvious STT is a JERK!

Last edited by yankeegirl313; 11-27-2009 at 07:13 AM.. Reason: Personal attack
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships