Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2009, 10:40 AM

9 posts, read 56,709 times

Advertisements

My girlfriend just told me that she's 6 weeks pregnant.
Should i propose to her ?
I have doubts because marriage is a huge step and divorce isn't something i want
We've been best friends for 3 years and started dating about 6 months ago
I love her and it's been really amazing but marriage is a huge step
If you were me ,what would you do ?
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2009, 10:43 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,924,998 times
after reading your post, i'd say you're a fool if you marry her.

i don't doubt your love, but nothing you say indicates you want marriage.

"marry in haste, repent at leisure"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitleybaby View Post
I have doubts because marriage is a huge step and divorce isn't something i want

Old 11-26-2009, 10:44 AM

45,354 posts, read 60,546,019 times
You knocked her up and you're complaining that marriage is a big step? Newsflash sport, so is child rearing.

Old 11-26-2009, 10:46 AM

612 posts, read 1,843,357 times
Don't feel forced to get married... That is just a bad decision and has divorce written all over it. If you feel like that she is the one because of her personality, the love you guys have, that special bond, etc. then I'd say go for it.

But you two have only been dating for 6 months still you've known each other for 3 years but I'd say there's room to blossom in the romance department. Don't feel forced to marry her because you are going to have her baby.

Good luck man.

Old 11-26-2009, 10:52 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Maybe the next step is to move in together and see how that goes. Eventually get engaged and have a long engagement.

How old are the two of you?

Old 11-26-2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Maybe the next step is to move in together and see how that goes. Eventually get engaged and have a long engagement.

How old are the two of you?
I'm 38 she's 24

Old 11-26-2009, 10:56 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,333,578 times
I know it's the right thing to do but are you two ready for this commitment?

Old 11-26-2009, 11:15 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitleybaby View Post
Sounds like a solid relationship to me. You're certainly not a spring chicken. If anything, she's quite young and might have doubts whether to keep the baby or not. If she'd like to have it and get married, I think it's a reasonable step to take in your situation.

Old 11-26-2009, 11:22 AM

1,570 posts, read 5,986,227 times
First, do you want to be a father? does she want to be a mother? Does she want to have the baby? How do you plan to raise this child? ... Talk about a big step!?! You both have much to consider.

You don't want divorce. OK. If you never want to be hurt, never fall in love. If you don't want to fail, don't try. If you never want to die, don't be alive.

A dash of maturity might be helpful. This is no time to act like a baby .... you are about to have one!!
Time to grow up.

Old 11-26-2009, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMichelle View Post
First, do you want to be a father? does she want to be a mother? Does she want to have the baby? How do you plan to raise this child? ... Talk about a big step!?! You both have much to consider.

You don't want divorce. OK. If you never want to be hurt, never fall in love. If you don't want to fail, don't try. If you never want to die, don't be alive.

A dash of maturity might be helpful. This is no time to act like a baby .... you are about to have one!!
Time to grow up.
We both want the baby,

I know that someday that we'll have big wind in our relationship and we're gonna get hurt and upset that's for sure. But for now i can say that divorce is just not an option. Like a normal sane mature person i don't want a divorce, that doesn't mean that i'm not mature or act like a baby
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships