Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 01:44 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,364,984 times

Advertisements

Keep ya chin up and stay focused.

Virtual hugs for ya
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2007, 01:52 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,682,598 times
Hi Sunny,
The only thing more trying, sadder and worse than the Big D itself is staying/being stuck in an unhappy situation. So I say Congratulations :>)

Jump this hurdle, and it's on to better things and happier times in your life Prayers your way :>)

Old 05-19-2007, 01:56 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,037,582 times
{{{{{Sunnyhelena}}}}}

Old 05-19-2007, 02:32 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,789,447 times
Thumbs up No Xanax Sunnyhelena!!! You can make it without drugs :-0

Ahhhh divorce . Been there, done that, got the SCARS to prove it !!! My circumstances sound somewhat similiar, though the BIG D affects each of us differently SunnyHelena . My thoughts and prayers are with you during this time!

I know my 'dogs' have been a GODsend through times like these and without their smiley faces and unconditional love , I don't know how I would have made it through (plus they keep their unwanted advice to themselves - LOL). I pray that rescuing the collie and enjoying your fur babies will help you through this time

Of course for me, first and foremost is always my relationship with my Savior Jesus Christ . Not to be preachy, I just have no clue how folks do it without a Higher Power like I have . We all go through trials during our lifetime, but I need God's grace and mercy each day to make it through mine . So glad that He's faithful, when so many are not .

Wishing you all the BEST during this stressfull time SH! Hugs and blessings from your new friend in the Northwest

HDL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
Cant get into it right now, but thanks to many factors and stress, it is official. Now I will be shelling out cash to appraisers and attorneys. Does anyone have any Xanax?

sunny

Old 05-19-2007, 03:37 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,682,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happydawglady View Post
I know my 'dogs' have been a GODsend through times like these and without their smiley faces and unconditional love ,
HDL
HappyDawgLady's not kidding!

If you ever see your dogs "sneezing", it looks as though they're snarling -- they are smiling! Especially when you get home, or get up in the morning, get them psyched for a walk or treat ...

These critters do really smile!!! Look for the sneezes :>)

Old 05-19-2007, 03:44 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,605,052 times
If you ever see your dogs "sneezing", it looks as though they're snarling -- they are smiling! We have always seen this, especailly when you get home, or get up in the morning, get them psyched for a walk or treat ...

Old 05-20-2007, 03:40 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,165,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
If you ever see your dogs "sneezing", it looks as though they're snarling -- they are smiling! We have always seen this, especailly when you get home, or get up in the morning, get them psyched for a walk or treat ...

Well, you're at the beginning of this and it sound like yours will be a little more complicated, at least legally. Mine just hit the tail end but the break up was "imminent" every single day for quite some time.

Yeah, I'm a little sad - nostalgic maybe, wished it could have gone differently. A little scared and worried, since he was as handy as you could ever imagine and I'll have to pay for all that now. I'm not a spring chicken anymore, but you know, chitt happens and it's worth it and eventually you'll feel much better because that kind of unhappiness really weighs you down.

My big dog stares out the window all day long. But last night, he had half the bed all to himself, with me, 3 cats and the little dog on the other half. I slept much better!

Old 05-20-2007, 04:06 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,605,052 times
My big dog stares out the window all day long. But last night, he had half the bed all to himself, with me, 3 cats and the little dog on the other half. I slept much better!

Aren't dogs the best?!. lol- ever see the Sex and the City show where Charlotte wanted to marry the handyman? --

sunny

Old 05-20-2007, 04:25 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,789,447 times
Unhappy I hate hearing about my CDF friends going through divorce :-(

Both Sunny and vpcats, I am so sorry that things have not turned out the way you wanted, but I want to try and cheer you up a little with my story:

My ex-husband and I have been divorced for 11 yrs and it was not a friendly divorce, though there was no huge ugly fights either. For a year and a half, we had a strange arrangement of joint custody of our 3 dogs. We would each keep the dogs for 1-2 wks at a time and then shuttle them back and forth to one another.

Mind you, when we were starting the divorce, we only had 1 dog, but somehow God brought 2 more into our homes in a 2 day period in Sept 2005. One, my sweet Nurse Amber, was thrown out of a truck, at 10 pm at night, in front of my neighbors' home and I by chance saw it happen. My husband was able to capture her after she hid under an RV and was close to being hit several times by passing motorists.

The other dog, my sweet Roxy (who has since gone to doggie heaven July 2006) was hit by a car a day later and had a broken leg, was rescued on the road by my ex, taken to animal control and deemed unadoptable due to all the injuries and the breed (mixed pit/boxer/shar pei). So the ex decided to spent all the money to have her leg fixed, spaying, shots, etc. and wallah, now we have 3 dogs, but we're still splitting up .

After a year and a half of joint custody and a new female dawg showing up (my ex's new GF ), I decided ENOUGH and told my ex, I'm keeping all the dogs due to his neglect (way more to story about neglect, but that would add 6 more pgs) and that was that. Well, he was heartbroken and even though ex had pulled a lot of crap on me, I knew his pain. So I decided to give him the one dog we'd had the longest (remember the 2 we got by God's design?!) and keep Amber and Roxy . He was pleased with my decision and that was the last I heard from my ex for a long time. I had no idea that I could let my dog Tia go, but it was the right decision for both of us and time to stop the joint custody arrangements of the dogs. I have been so blessed with Roxy and Amber (and now Shammy)!!!

And 2 yrs ago, my ex and I started speaking again and here's the 'kicker' for me gals (yeah I know, long time to wait for the funny part of the story!?). I told my ex about my home here in Idaho and how gorgeous it is and he is certainly welcome to come visit. Then I realized he thought I might be coming onto him, so I threw in something like "I'm not all thin and cute" or something like that to let him know....well sheesh...I can't explain...but it was my way of letting him know it wasn't a romantic gesture. We were together 12 yrs, so I think he may have gotten my intended message .

Anyways, he calmly says to me "Well, I've gained some weight too! I weigh 320 lbs." My jaw dropped on the phone and I was thinking "Are you kidding ?" I need to lose weight too, but I'm still at the same weight as when we divorced! Not great mind you, but 70 lbs?!!! Anyways, I always thought that our ex's got better looking after the divorce, but I guess that's not always the case ladies. My ex used to look like a football or basketball player at 6'6" 250 lbs and very handsome in his younger days! Now he reminds me of the Pillsbury doughboy !

I just want you both to know that "Time" really does heal all wounds

Hugs,

HDL

please read and destroy post so that my ex does not read this

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Well, you're at the beginning of this and it sound like yours will be a little more complicated, at least legally. Mine just hit the tail end but the break up was "imminent" every single day for quite some time.

Yeah, I'm a little sad - nostalgic maybe, wished it could have gone differently. A little scared and worried, since he was as handy as you could ever imagine and I'll have to pay for all that now. I'm not a spring chicken anymore, but you know, chitt happens and it's worth it and eventually you'll feel much better because that kind of unhappiness really weighs you down.

Last edited by HDL; 05-20-2007 at 04:39 PM..

Old 05-20-2007, 05:02 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,165,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happydawglady View Post
Both Sunny and vpcats, I am so sorry that things have not turned out the way you wanted, but I want to try and cheer you up a little with my story:

My ex-husband and I have been divorced for 11 yrs and it was not a friendly divorce, though there was no huge ugly fights either. For a year and a half, we had a strange arrangement of joint custody of our 3 dogs. We would each keep the dogs for 1-2 wks at a time and then shuttle them back and forth to one another.

Mind you, when we were starting the divorce, we only had 1 dog, but somehow God brought 2 more into our homes in a 2 day period in Sept 2005. One, my sweet Nurse Amber, was thrown out of a truck, at 10 pm at night, in front of my neighbors' home and I by chance saw it happen. My husband was able to capture her after she hid under an RV and was close to being hit several times by passing motorists.

The other dog, my sweet Roxy (who has since gone to doggie heaven July 2006) was hit by a car a day later and had a broken leg, was rescued on the road by my ex, taken to animal control and deemed unadoptable due to all the injuries and the breed (mixed pit/boxer/shar pei). So the ex decided to spent all the money to have her leg fixed, spaying, shots, etc. and wallah, now we have 3 dogs, but we're still splitting up .

After a year and a half of joint custody and a new female dawg showing up (my ex's new GF ), I decided ENOUGH and told my ex, I'm keeping all the dogs due to his neglect (way more to story about neglect, but that would add 6 more pgs) and that was that. Well, he was heartbroken and even though ex had pulled a lot of crap on me, I knew his pain. So I decided to give him the one dog we'd had the longest (remember the 2 we got by God's design?!) and keep Amber and Roxy . He was pleased with my decision and that was the last I heard from my ex for a long time. I had no idea that I could let my dog Tia go, but it was the right decision for both of us and time to stop the joint custody arrangements of the dogs. I have been so blessed with Roxy and Amber (and now Shammy)!!!

And 2 yrs ago, my ex and I started speaking again and here's the 'kicker' for me gals (yeah I know, long time to wait for the funny part of the story!?). I told my ex about my home here in Idaho and how gorgeous it is and he is certainly welcome to come visit. Then I realized he thought I might be coming onto him, so I threw in something like "I'm not all thin and cute" or something like that to let him know....well sheesh...I can't explain...but it was my way of letting him know it wasn't a romantic gesture. We were together 12 yrs, so I think he may have gotten my intended message .

Anyways, he calmly says to me "Well, I've gained some weight too! I weigh 320 lbs." My jaw dropped on the phone and I was thinking "Are you kidding ?" I need to lose weight too, but I'm still at the same weight as when we divorced! Not great mind you, but 70 lbs?!!! Anyways, I always thought that our ex's got better looking after the divorce, but I guess that's not always the case ladies. My ex used to look like a football or basketball player at 6'6" 250 lbs and very handsome in his younger days! Now he reminds me of the Pillsbury doughboy !

I just want you both to know that "Time" really does heal all wounds

Hugs,

HDL

please read and destroy post so that my ex does not read this
LOLL HDL. That's a nice story. We won't be having any custody issues. ALL the animals are mine and that's it! He does want to take the big dog but there's no way. He doesn't have the "proper" living quarters, which he said are temporary until he gets a bigger place THEN he's taking the dog. I know him pretty well and that's just a lot of capital BS. He is now FREE. He knows a lot of people, he's a man so he can go whereever at any time alone and it's ok, he can pick up anybody, and he will. Miami is prime territory for that anyway. He's got a huge, huge heart and is a good guy, will be taken advantage of. I believe he's been itching to be on the lose without worrying about me and getting caught. I almost worry about him.

I wouldn't mind his finding the right person but "us" were more often than not totally incompatible. He needs someone who thinks like him, is not terribly polished or well-spoken, is dependent and likes to be told what to do and how to do it. That's not me.

We didn't break up in horrible terms. It could have been worse. He still has some stuff left here plus the humongous storage sheds in the back full of tools and his junk. He WILL clean that up, or he will lose it all but I will give him some time to get someplace to put it in.

In the meantime, yep. These animals are the best! They do keep you pretty busy too, and they're patient when I'm on HERE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships