Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2009, 06:28 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msindy32 View Post
Where are all the good black men? The ones with jobs, the ones with respect, the ones that are affectionate, the ones who can tell the truth, the ones that are ok with having only 1 woman, the ones that really wanna do something with you besides just have sex! Where are they let me know please!
We're married.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Ok someone did respond after all.

The good black men are being overlooked by black women, not necessarily by the OP.
That I'll agree with.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Can you please describe these 'good black men' for me? In some detail?

I suspect they're where the rest of the 'good men' are: All around you.

They're the ones who are more quiet, not advertising to everyone who will listen that they have a job -- because they're too busy DOING that job and holding down payments and commitments.

They're the ones who are often overlooked because they're not loud or flashy. They drive a good car, maybe even a nice car, but it's not pimped out and drawing the stare; instead it's practical and efficient and slides right on by without drawing notice. The car, by the way, lacks a giant, vibrating heartbeat.

They don't garner attention right away because their pants are pulled up, their shirts are tucked in and they're not screaming or waving their hands at everything.

You might have missed them on the street; they're not readily visible because they're not THERE, they're at work holding down that job you so crave as a qualification.

Funny thing: The "good black men" are ALL OVER THE PLACE, about 50 percent or so (as is the stat with any race or creed) of the population, but they don't draw attention to themselves.

I advise you to take another look, a CLOSER look. Go to a supermarket or a restaurant or a church or a business setting.

Once you're there, take a look around for the guys you normally wouldn't give a second glance -- not because you WANT to look at trash, but because the trash is screaming and jumping and drawing your attention to it, hindering your search for the GOOD man, whatever his color.

And many of them are, indeed, taken; married; in a relationship they don't care to step out on.

So when you spot one who's already taken, well, he's out of bounds, off-limits. But don't let that stop you from studying him and his situation; you should be doing that very, very attentively.

Take a good look at HIS WIFE. See what she does. See how she acts. See how she dresses and how she interacts with him. After all, if you want to catch a tiger you've got to think like a tiger, not like a woman who says "Why can't I catch a tiger?"
Great post brother.......but maybe right about now you shouldn't be advising women to try to catch themselves a Tiger...........

Old 12-11-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I fear sometimes they are a dying breed because in general they've had no fathers to show them how to be real men for several generations now
I had no father, and I was born a real man. That is no excuse, for fathers, for sons, or for mothers and daughters. You don't need to be taught how to be a father.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:41 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I fear sometimes they are a dying breed because in general they've had no fathers to show them how to be real men for several generations now
It amuses me to be honest when some women start spouting the term "real men".

Old 12-11-2009, 06:44 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,251,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
It amuses me to be honest when some women start spouting the term "real men".
Similar to some men spouting off about real women, eh?

Old 12-11-2009, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I had no father, and I was born a real man. That is no excuse, for fathers, for sons, or for mothers and daughters. You don't need to be taught how to be a father.
I agree wholeheartedly. It annoys me when people continuously spout and connect black men's demise with lack of fathers.

As much as I love my father, if he wasn't there I believe I'd still be a functioning member of society.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Similar to some men spouting off about real women, eh?
Women are far more guilty about this. On every forum and everywhere else you see many women telling men what a so-called "real man" is, as if we have to go about their definition of what a man is. Men judge women too, yes, but we hardly hear or see men come up with a long list of what a woman should do/be in order to be considered a "real woman". Ludicrous.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Women are far more guilty about this. On every forum and everywhere else you see many women telling men what a so-called "real man" is, as if we have to go about their definition of what a man is.
As a mod in Relationships forum I can say it is pretty even handed distribution of gender bashing

Old 12-11-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Women are far more guilty about this. On every forum and everywhere else you see many women telling men what a so-called "real man" is, as if we have to go about their definition of what a man is. Men judge women too, yes, but we hardly hear or see men come up with a long list of what a woman should do/be in order to be considered a "real woman". Ludicrous.
Sorry, it looks like you added some more after I posted...

There are actual threads on the wish list in partners on this forum and BOTH sexes were having a great time with their requirements in a mate...and the no no lists were rolling as well...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships