Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2010, 05:20 PM

1,022 posts, read 2,551,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyokoMariaUrameshi View Post
My Taino and African ancestors are even prouder than you Black Americans.

You can be all the Carribean Latina you want to be, but when anybody looks at you, they see someone of African descent. And in this country, thats all that matters. And in this country, thats all that matters. We have enough issues outside of our race for you to be saying some of the stuff your saying. Those Carribbean and, Dominican ancestors of yours were African slaves just the same as mine, so dont hold them in a higher regard than your Black American ancestors

I know I'm of African descent but I'm not in the same category as you. Caribbeans don't claim Black Americans and Africans don't either. So why should you try to claim us. We are all different we aren't just one race of people.
Tell that to the person who's assessing you. If this was 1955, you'd be called a n*gger just the same (excuse my bluntness).

Old 01-07-2010, 05:21 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
Can we all agree to put her on ignore and then we will not see her post. YES!! I think that is the way we should proceed or maybe allow the Moderators to review her posts and determine if she should get an infraction for this hate-spewing written mess she has put on this thread!!!

You people are catching feelings; she is only 19.

So what she does not like BM? No big deal....People need to say what they need to say, and that's why I like her, because shes not afraid to speak her mind even if YOU ALL don't like it. She's not being rude, she is just brutal honest. Unfortunately, many AA women/men who are twice her age would be terrified to speak out against their own race, when in fact, this type of dialog that is very much needed.

Old 01-07-2010, 05:24 PM

188 posts, read 406,284 times
Quote:

You can be all the Carribean Latina you want to be, but when anybody looks at you, they see someone of African descent. And in this country, thats all that matters. And in this country, thats all that matters. We have enough issues outside of our race for you to be saying some of the stuff your saying. Those Carribbean and, Dominican ancestors of yours were African slaves just the same as mine, so dont hold them in a higher regard than your Black American ancestors

I know I'm of African descent but I'm not in the same category as you. Caribbeans don't claim Black Americans and Africans don't either. So why should you try to claim us. We are all different we aren't just one race of people.

You said your mother was African American...! Youre right, the entire African Diaspora is full of different cultures, but we still have one thing in common. That is the involuntary diplacement of our people around the globe. Thats enough for me to feel kinship to anyone of African descent. I hold none of us higher than the other... I hold no group of people higher than the other. Like I said before, what you choose to identify as is your choice and yours alone. But society doesnt care what kind of Black you are...and for that reason alone, we need to stick together... lol, im starting to sound like civil right activist...lol

cops dont beat black men any less because theyre Carribbean, or African, in fact... the most popular cases to date are that of foreign Blacks being brutilized by NYC cops.. And who marched and helped bring jutice... EVERYONE with the slightest bit of African ancestry in them (and other races too ofcourse)..

I rest my case... Im done

Old 01-07-2010, 05:27 PM

188 posts, read 406,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Griff View Post
Tell that to the person who's assessing you. If this was 1955, you'd be called a n*gger just the same (excuse my bluntness).

If she passed the wrong person today, she'd be called a n*****...

Old 01-07-2010, 05:29 PM

1,022 posts, read 2,551,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
You people are catching feelings; she is only 19.

So what she does not like BM? No big deal....People need to say what they need to say, and that's why I like her, because shes not afraid to speak her mind even if YOU ALL don't like it. She's not being rude, she is just brutal honest. Unfortunately, many AA women/men who are twice her age would be terrified to speak out against their own race, when in fact, this type of dialog that is very much needed.
I think we've all been speaking our minds despite whoever else likes it. There's a huge difference between speaking out against the ills of your race and just flat out hating the entire race. I can take brutal honesty, but not when it's rooted in brutal ignorace.

Old 01-07-2010, 05:35 PM

Quote:
I know I'm of African descent but I'm not in the same category as you. Caribbeans don't claim Black Americans and Africans don't either.
This is true. From what I was told, they don't currently claim AA because of our crazy behavior. By that I mean, poor work ethic, adolescent behavior, the lack of taking care of our own communities... ect.

And let me tell you, I went into a shopping district not far from my area and the supermarket that was in the area employed men/women from Africa and they are completely different from AA! You could tell they had work ethic (slimier to Mexicans), they were nice/polite and they (*GASP*) had on clothes that fit them and were appropriate.

Last edited by Morphous01; 01-07-2010 at 05:51 PM..

Old 01-07-2010, 05:35 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
I agree wholeheartedly and no other color will satisfy the need I have for a DARK CHOCOLATE BROTHER. WE do like what we like!! We all have our own individual preferences. Talk about a meltdown when I look at that chocolate skin!! Ok!! Need to go stick my head in the freezer now!!!
LOL!! I love a yummy chocolate brother myself but I'm not going to exclude every other type of guy as if having "dark chocolate" is my only option in the world. I'm not going to pass up the opportunity to be happily satisfied and married just because the man doesn't fit in that very select category.

And I think that a lot of Black women who only "crave the yummy chocolate" will spend the rest of their lives alone....especially when that yummy "dark chocolate" decides to only date or marry the "caramel delight", the "vanilla wafer", the "mocha latte" or the "fortune cookie".

Besides, many Black women have never even tasted a different "flavor"....I say don't knock it til you've tried it

Old 01-07-2010, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Griff View Post
There's a huge difference between speaking out against the ills of your race and just flat out hating the entire race.
Well, that's nothing new to me. EVERY race hates Africans which is why we have no allies.

Old 01-07-2010, 05:47 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,968 times
Quote:

NEGRO PUUULLLLLEASE!!!!!

I was not even going to return to this ignorant infested thread.

You're worse than a white racist.

Your black, negroid nappy a** is as black as I am.

We come from Ham.

We are the same, we come from different tribes, the ancestors of African Americans were just as proud as whatever you come from. More than likely though, many blacks in general are mixtures of different tribes. We all come from Africa. We are no better than another.

Old 01-07-2010, 05:48 PM

328 posts, read 573,329 times
Regardless of your ethnicity, your race is Black. And that silly hierarchy of Black people was the most absurd thing I've ever seen. The fact that people actually BELIEVE that nonsense just confirms to me that the problem within the race of black people (of all ethnicities) lies within each individual that has been brought up to believe that any person is "better" than another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships