Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 09:43 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
Girl, you're lucky I hadn't had my afternoon 'coffee' (read cocoa for me LOL), 'cause that Ashley mess would have made me lose it all over my monitor...THAT was hilarious
I aims to please thee Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I'm wondering ,do white men dog black women ? I know they dog white women.
i always wondered why white men aren't more afraid of white women....you ever watch those crime shows that feature female killers...scary stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by etacarinae View Post
Kill the thread!!
It has served it's purpose.
LOL I love this thread - I'm surprised it lasted this long tho

Old 01-13-2010, 11:03 PM

1,497 posts, read 3,353,973 times
It has served its purpose.
Not only that , but it has degenerated into a ANA man faulting outlet.

Old 01-14-2010, 06:09 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,543,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I aims to please thee Captain

i always wondered why white men aren't more afraid of white women....you ever watch those crime shows that feature female killers...scary stuff

LOL I love this thread - I'm surprised it lasted this long tho

Exactly. If you look up female killers on the web they will surely show you a huge number of them who have killed not only strangers, but husbands, families, and children.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:08 AM

1,863 posts, read 4,300,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
That's all well and good. And I honestly wish you the best in your search. But as someone who is in his seventh year of marriage and has been with the same black woman for over a decade let me try to shed some light.

Miss me with that American dream stuff. What I mean is a marriage is not about being upwardly mobile. It is not about keeping up with a social standard based on material wealth (or the appearance of). It is not about who has the better job. It is not about the number of certificates you have hanging on the wall in your home office. There is nothing wrong with any of those things. And I am not trying disrespect the American Dream concept. But college degrees don't sooth arguments. Money doesn't make a man want to rediscover his wife after the seasons of life have brought about change. "Good" schools don't give children character, and they dang sure don't move them to love and respect their parents.

On a personal note my parents were teens when they had me. They never married and broke up soon after I was born. My wife's parents did marry but went through a horrible divorce that tore their family apart. I have a number of half siblings as does my wife. When I look at my wife and our two kids (that were born after we married) I realize this is much bigger than her and I. This is about way more than a checklist of mate qualities. This is about so much more than being "upwardly mobile." For us, this is about changing the direction of our families. My parents never married. My father's parents never married. My mother's parents never married. And by that you can guess the kinds of lives my family members have lived. Yet my son and daughter were born to married mother and father. That may mean nothing to you or anyone else. However, for me that runs deeper than any conversation about mate qualities and education level. The daily decision that my wife and I make to give of ourselves into this union is literally breaking down barriers for our son and daughter. Years from now when I am gone I hope my posterity can look back at my wife and I and say the direction our family line changed with us.

Really, some people shouldn't get married. At least they shouldn't until their understanding opens up and they see what this is really about. Most of the people who participate in conversations like this have not a clue. That goes for men and women. It's just constant bickering back and forth and nothing is resolved. Some of you will never experience "us" because you think too much about "me".
This is an incredible post.

Old 01-15-2010, 06:05 PM

134 posts, read 286,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Yes. I agree with you. However, by the same token, these "decent men without girlfriends" are only interested in dating attractive exciting looking women aka hotties. If these same decent (average looking and boring) men were to try to date decent, average looking non-trophy women, they'd have plenty of success.

You men should take your rant and pick your prospective girlfriends the same way that you'd like to be chosen by a woman as a mate. Go more for a woman's inner qualities instead of only mooning after and chasing the hot looking girls.

After all, what else do you expect from a woman that has beauty and knows how to make the most of it? She knows that she is attractive and is dressing up like her favorite celebrities... so you can see that she wants to be treated special like a celebrity, so why would she want an average looking boring kind of guy as her boyfriend? You decent men have to work on your personal style and charm, if you want to catch a trophy girlfriend.
I have not followed this thread because this topic is being beat to death all over the country right now! BUt with that said, this comment is SPOT ON!!! WELL SAID . Now, I agree 110% that a lot of the "average" black dudes get over-looked, BUT these men don't go for the average, normal looking females. As stated above, they go for THE prettiest woman or the trophy that every other man wants. Also as stated above, black men should pick their women they way they want to be picked. Great post!!!

Old 01-15-2010, 06:10 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,723,379 times
After 900 + posts I'm starting to not care where the good black men went.

LOL

Old 01-15-2010, 06:17 PM

134 posts, read 286,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

LOL
I agree! LOL! I will say that I decided weeks ago to that I am not falling for the "shortage of black men" crap. There are decent black men around, but a lot of black men have accountability issues (but thats another 900+post topic) so I won't go there. Both black men and women have some issues to sort through....

Old 01-15-2010, 06:17 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

LOL
There's quite a few I've seen on TV in Haiti just looking for a bride here in the US. It could be like those guys who buy Russian wives.

American women would have a pretty good selection.

Old 01-15-2010, 06:38 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,123,054 times
This thread may hit 1000+ replies at it's current rate.

Old 01-15-2010, 08:14 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
This thread may hit 1000+ replies at it's current rate.
There's a good black man in Duval county right now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships