U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 12-12-2009, 03:35 PM
 
Location: Flower Mound, Texas
1,837 posts, read 2,556,879 times
Reputation: 548
I haven't quoted one scripture reference nor have I veered off of the subject to talk about religion. You are reading into my posts. Sorry but the fact is you are uncomfortable with my answer for some reason. That is your problem/issue and not mine. I answered the OP and I have a right to do so.. Don't worry because I won't stay here to engage in wasting my time with foolishness. I didn't go looking for this thread but I did feel led to answer the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
Yes, but it would depend upon the nature of the religious reference. If it's just a reference to religion then you're correct -- perfectly fine. But if the post devolved into citing bible verses and/or theological discussions of why someone thinks porn violates some religious or ethical imperative then the mods would likely either steer things to stay on a Relationships topic or move the thread to the Religion forum.

 
Old 12-12-2009, 03:37 PM
 
Location: Beautiful New England
2,413 posts, read 4,563,448 times
Reputation: 2938
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
You keep saying that Ted Bundy is proof of what porn does. Porn industry is bigger than mainstream Hollywood, which means there are alot of people who check it out. Most people don't go off on a violent spree from seeing or doing a quickie to a photo or vid. You are using one example of a lunatic and trying to tie it to something millions of others use with no crazy after effects.
When a mind is already made up it is best not to confuse things with the facts.
 
Old 12-12-2009, 03:37 PM
 
Location: in my imagination
10,128 posts, read 13,026,134 times
Reputation: 7089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
Go ahead...laugh all you want for now anyway. Enjoy life, live it to the fullest using every women, man or child that you want. You have a free will and a free choice. And by the way I am not posting about religion but about a personal relationship with the Living God who Created you and I. Sorry that you think of it as RELIGION but I don't. He does Love you whether you believe it or not.

At least for me Raelyn, I am not coming down on you for expressing your view toward porn based on religious belief, in fact I feel a certain amount of admiration to you for it. However I am trying to say that you are generalizing about it on with people, that your view against it may be clouding objectivety a bit because it is your personal crusade.
 
Old 12-12-2009, 03:38 PM
 
Location: Flower Mound, Texas
1,837 posts, read 2,556,879 times
Reputation: 548
Well you are wrong because I have found a man who doesn't and wouldn't read or engage in Porn and he is perfectly happy and doesn't need it. In fact he feels sorry for the people who humiliate themselves in front of the world for attention/money. It is degrading and emotionally damaging and the person who uses another for their gain is selfish. Who would want to be with a person of such character? Not me...sorry I am not into being used or abused for that matter. I want/desire a man that only has eyes for me. I desire to be cherished and loved, which I am.

And by the way in case I didn't mention. I haven't always been this way. There was a time long ago that my husband and I struggled with this addiction and it almost ruined our marriage. We spent years in therapy and were finally set free from this trap and lie. We are so much happier/healthier and I would never go back. Porn is like a heroine addiction, you are NEVER satisfied and it is NEVER enough. You always have to go deeper just like any dystructive addition. I don't want to live my life in bondage to any addictions. I would rather be free to enjoy life without the props, pain, expense, shame and all the other things that are attached to this. But to each his own. You and everyone else has the right to do as you please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Unbelievable. Some of you people are so anal it's pathetic. To the OP. PORN is not a big deal as long as it's not a habit, costing huge amounts of $ or becomes a substitute for you. I've been happily married for 30 years and do enjoy porn on occasion. Hell, even the wife will watch it with me or read my Penthouse once in a while. Maybe you could learn to enjoy it with him once in a while. Porn is here to stay and if you think you'll find a guy who NEVER watches/reads porn then good luck with that.
 
Old 12-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Ep-
 
2,015 posts, read 2,244,752 times
Reputation: 2274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
Well you are wrong because I have found a man who doesn't and wouldn't read or engage in Porn and he is perfectly happy and doesn't need it. In fact he feels sorry for the people who humiliate themselves in front of the world for attention/money. It is degrading and emotionally damaging and the person who uses another for their gain is selfish. Who would want to be a mate with a person of such character. Not me...sorry I am not into being used.
hes lying
 
Old 12-12-2009, 03:47 PM
 
12,626 posts, read 8,119,297 times
Reputation: 4699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Raelyn28, I'm with you. Although I would always chose the real thing over a fantasy (porn) I never though porn was a big deal until I did some research on the actual industry.

The porn industry preys on men and women who come from broken homes and need money to live and eat. Many wind up using drugs or even going as far as committing suicide because they can't deal with the lifestyle and they have nobody to turn to. Really, the suicide rate in the porn industry is sky high. Unfortunately, telling people the truth falls on deaf ears because people are so diconnedted from each other today. RIP Shauna...



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sBmyPWEoVU

Hi Morphous01,


Oh no doubt about the sex industry in general. However the problem is that it would just become prostitution. Porn or no porn isn't going to save anyone. Certainly one is better off in a softcore setting then what essentially is indistinguishable from prostitution with a camera.
 
Old 12-12-2009, 03:51 PM
 
Location: Flower Mound, Texas
1,837 posts, read 2,556,879 times
Reputation: 548
I just left the office to go and tell my husband what you just said (he is in the den watching TV). He told me to tell you that real men don't need porn because they know how to treat women (real women). These words are not mine but just came from the lips of a man. Read Ted Roberts "Pure Desire". Then you can become a REAL MAN too. Have a nice weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
hes lying
 
Old 12-12-2009, 03:58 PM
 
Location: Flower Mound, Texas
1,837 posts, read 2,556,879 times
Reputation: 548
Thank you for your kindness but this isn't my personal crusade. If it was I would have started the thread. I only answere a question that I noticed as I was on another thread in a different forum. I felt compelled to answer because the OP was struggling. If I can help her then this is all worth it. For that matter if even one person is helped by anything that I have shared it is worth it to me because I really love people.

I was once addicted to many dystructive things including porn and I have been set free from all of my addictions thanks to God. Because of the freedom that I have experienced as a result from all I have been through I desire to help and encourage others with the hope that I have found. My post's are not intended to hurt or offend anyone. My intentions are always for the good of others even when some people don't take them that way.

This isn't about religion either although I did state that I am a Christian and believe in God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
At least for me Raelyn, I am not coming down on you for expressing your view toward porn based on religious belief, in fact I feel a certain amount of admiration to you for it. However I am trying to say that you are generalizing about it on with people, that your view against it may be clouding objectivety a bit because it is your personal crusade.
 
Old 12-12-2009, 04:00 PM
Ep-
 
2,015 posts, read 2,244,752 times
Reputation: 2274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
I just left the office to go and tell my husband what you just said (he is in the den watching TV). He told me to tell you that real men don't need porn because they know how to treat women (real women). These words are not mine but just came from the lips of a man. Read Ted Roberts "Pure Desire". Then you can become a REAL MAN too. Have a nice weekend.
didnt you just say he used to be a porn addict?
 
Old 12-12-2009, 04:04 PM
 
12,626 posts, read 8,119,297 times
Reputation: 4699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
Well you are wrong because I have found a man who doesn't and wouldn't read or engage in Porn and he is perfectly happy and doesn't need it. In fact he feels sorry for the people who humiliate themselves in front of the world for attention/money. It is degrading and emotionally damaging and the person who uses another for their gain is selfish. Who would want to be with a person of such character? Not me...sorry I am not into being used or abused for that matter. I want/desire a man that only has eyes for me. I desire to be cherished and loved, which I am.

And by the way in case I didn't mention. I haven't always been this way. There was a time long ago that my husband and I struggled with this addiction and it almost ruined our marriage. We spent years in therapy and were finally set free from this trap and lie. We are so much happier/healthier and I would never go back. Porn is like a heroine addiction, you are NEVER satisfied and it is NEVER enough. You always have to go deeper just like any dystructive addition. I don't want to live my life in bondage to any addictions. I would rather be free to enjoy life without the props, pain, expense, shame and all the other things that are attached to this. But to each his own. You and everyone else has the right to do as you please.

Hi Raelyn28,

You are a woman. God Bless you but you know nothing. A woman discussing a male sex drive is nothing more than an absurdity. Porn is not like a heroine addiction. Its because men are sexually attracted to woman. Just replace what you have said with food. I never stop eating food. Most men do not turn into raving lunatics because they are sexually attracted to women. If a man wants sex everyday, not at all unusual, then what you have said applies to him. Men are sexually attracted to woman, get over it. If one eats and has sex everyday is that an addiction? Am I addicted to air? Do you know how many atrocities occurred throughout history without porn? Your statements are hyperbole.

As to porn, is there more possible down side than upside? Probably. We could live without it. However what this is really all about is what it always is. The ones who complain about it the most are women because it represents a threat over a man's attention. The sexual arms race is all about attracting the best man and monopolizing his attention. Most woman could not care less about the other women involved.

Last edited by gwynedd1; 12-12-2009 at 04:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:24 PM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top