Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 02:01 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,902,601 times

Advertisements

I met someone recently, and they offered to walk me to my car. He said, "then I can see what you drive." I was like what the wtf?..at least in my head. We met for a playdate at the park because we have kids the same age. I drive a Kia minivan ya moron!!

Does it really matter to you what someone you date drives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2009, 02:04 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,895,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
I met someone recently, and they offered to walk me to my car. He said, "then I can see what you drive." I was like what the wtf?..at least in my head. We met for a playdate at the park because we have kids the same age. I drive a Kia minivan ya moron!!

What did he drive?

Old 12-19-2009, 02:06 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
Quote:

You should have twirled around and said," Oh, I drove the riding lawn mower, with the wagon attached for the kids today."

I personally don`t see what diffrence it would make.

Old 12-19-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
What did he drive?
He was driving his ex wife's Jeep Cherokee, but he went on to tell me he used to drive a PT Cruiser (which I hate btw, no offense to PT drivers, just not my style) but he sold it because he's unemployed and needed the cash to pay bills. Now he drives a used Cady.

Old 12-19-2009, 02:09 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
Quote:
He was driving his ex wife's Jeep Cherokee, but he went on to tell me he used to drive a PT Cruiser (which I hate btw, no offense to PT drivers, just not my style) but he sold it because he's unemployed and needed the cash to pay bills. Now he drives a used Cady.
He was hoping that you drove a cute little sports car, so he could drive it one day.

Old 12-19-2009, 02:10 PM

Could it be a cultural thing? He's latino.

I should've said, I drove my 4x4 today! Wanna hop in the back so I can drive through the mud.?

Old 12-19-2009, 02:14 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,252,780 times
Quote:

Automobiles kind of tell you a little about the person IMO. You can't base everything off it though. I drive a F-250 Super-Duty, 4x4, Diesel, Super Cab with a long bed. My fun car is a '65 Mustang Hard Top.

Old 12-19-2009, 02:15 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
I know no man who cares what a woman drives - or at least says so out loud.

Speculating, a couple of things I can think of that would 'justify' him wanting to know is he wanted to see if you drove a better car than he did which would maybe imply that you were doing financially better than he was doing which he would find intimidating, or that you had expensive tastes which he could not fulfill.

That or he just wants to check-out your wheels...

Old 12-19-2009, 02:15 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,554,748 times
No it doesn't really matter to me, but I have a hatred of Mini Coopers that is so intense I probably would be embarrassed to be seen in one.

Old 12-19-2009, 02:47 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Its pretty obvious, but I'll say it anyway.

Its a sign of status, of Ego.

Look how successful I must be, I'm driving a fill in the blank with whatever car is acceptable.

Here in So Cal, the land of cars. I see guys driving cars that I know they can't really afford.

Dudes rolling in Escalades with 24" rims.

Look good, don't have shyt in the bank, don't own a home, no real investments.

700 or 800 dollar a month payments.

But damn, they sure are pimping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships