Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2010, 08:06 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellfire View Post
Just stopping by, peeps, saying hello, hope all is well. Been schooling this weekend. Had to get in "buckle down" gear and get some things done! No TV, no internet, no reading fun books...

But when I was driving to school I was on I-75 (Alligator Alley across the bottom of the state) and a single-engine plane landed on the highway right in front of me. It was awesome. He did a great job, emergency landing (obviously), messed up his plane a little bit but nobody got hurt.

Right place at the right time, I guess. It was pretty cool.

Checking out for the evening, everybody have a happy Monday tomorrow!
Wow! My jaw dropped when I read this.

Pat on the back for buckling down this weekend. Have a good week, yellfire.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:42 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Just stopping by, peeps, saying hello, hope all is well. Been schooling this weekend. Had to get in "buckle down" gear and get some things done! No TV, no internet, no reading fun books...

But when I was driving to school I was on I-75 (Alligator Alley across the bottom of the state) and a single-engine plane landed on the highway right in front of me. It was awesome. He did a great job, emergency landing (obviously), messed up his plane a little bit but nobody got hurt.

I know it well. Wow - too bad you didn't have a camera at the ready!

Thanks - I will have a great Monday because I don't have to work tomorrow!!! (Schools are closed due to icy roads - so the admin folks stay home too.) Guess I will get to make that snowman after all!!!

Old 01-31-2010, 08:45 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,902,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
LOL, that's funny. It's those little things you do that make life fun.

We'll probably be gone by then. Hate Sundays (Mondays)!
Yep! You gotta cherish the small stuff and not sweat the big stuff!

Aaaw don't be hating on Sunday and Monday. That's over a quarter of your week miserable.

Quote:

WOW!!!! That would have been amazing to witness!

Old 01-31-2010, 08:45 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Thanks - I will have a great Monday because I don't have to work tomorrow!!! (Schools are closed due to icy roads - so the admin folks stay home too.) Guess I will get to make that snowman after all!!!
Lucky you! Snow comes in handy sometimes.

Have a good week, everyone!

Old 01-31-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Have a good week, everyone!
You too girlie!

signed

MushyFreak!

Old 01-31-2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Yep! You gotta cherish the small stuff and not sweat the big stuff!

Aaaw don't be hating on Sunday and Monday. That's over a quarter of your week miserable.

WOW!!!! That would have been amazing to witness!
LOL, I know - even as I was typing that, I realized that I had just been rhapsodizing over appreciating the small things. We're really trying to stop feeling that way over the weekend ending.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
LOL, I know - even as I was typing that, I realized that I had just been rhapsodizing over appreciating the small things. We're really trying to stop feeling that way over the weekend ending.

Well I used to do it a lot. Yucky Sunday arvo feeling that intensified as the day wore on followed by a **** of a day Monday but then I started tricking myself by making Monday my very special day to pamper myself. So now Monday is the day for my sleep in usually followed by manicure and/or facial Monday night while I watch Gray's Anatomy or Desperate Housewives AND I generally throw in something yummy for dinner. I tend to look forward to Monday a little more now.

Maybe make Monday or Sunday night your special night for something? Whatever takes your fancy? Just something to help you shift your focus.

Old 01-31-2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Well I used to do it a lot. Yucky Sunday arvo feeling that intensified as the day wore on followed by a **** of a day Monday but then I started tricking myself by making Monday my very special day to pamper myself. So now Monday is the day for my sleep in usually followed by manicure and/or facial Monday night while I watch Gray's Anatomy or Desperate Housewives AND I generally throw in something yummy for dinner. I tend to look forward to Monday a little more now.

Maybe make Monday or Sunday night your special night for something? Whatever takes your fancy? Just something to help you shift your focus.
Honestly, I had just recently said that to Chow, that we should make a standing plan for Mondays so we look forward to it more than dreading it. Like maybe going to the movies or something.

Old 01-31-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Honestly, I had just recently said that to Chow, that we should make a standing plan for Mondays so we look forward to it more than dreading it. Like maybe going to the movies or something.
I'm having a flashback to that scene in Analyze This (or THAT I can never remember which ) where Robert DiNiro points at Billy Crystal's head then taps his own and nods and says "You! You! You're good!"

We must be having a psychic moment today.

Or maybe I'm just deliriously over tired?

Old 01-31-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
I'm having a flashback to that scene in Analyze This (or THAT I can never remember which ) where Robert DiNiro points at Billy Crystal's head then taps his own and nods and says "You! You! You're good!"

We must be having a psychic moment today.

Or maybe I'm just deliriously over tired?
LOL! Yes, I remember that scene.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships