Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 07:00 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,558,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgfurman View Post
If you are not Indian, I would be concerned about this situation. Outside of the fact that there will be cultural differences, you may be at odds with the new inlaws from day 1, b/c you're not Indian. And if you separate, and he takes the kids to India to "visit Grandma and Grandpa", and then never returns....

You're only 21. I wouldn't rush anything yet. If he wants to take you to India, he is getting serious. But take your time and make sure this is what you want, forever.
I second this post. Unless you too are Indian and understand that culture, it is one that can create a lot of problems in a marriage, not the least of which is what this poster said about taking the children away...even the nicest of men can turn when it comes to this topic, and their parents and culture will trump you every time.

I would encourage you to break it off from this man, and give yourself a chance to breath -- you are a young woman just out of school, about to embark on your own career, and you need time to learn more about yourself and date other men, perhaps closer to your own age...something about this relationship just seems not quite right.

Good luck to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 07:05 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,558,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
I haven't had that many relationships, just one previously to this one. He did tell me that he was in a 5-yr relationship but that it didn't work out because they had different personalities...He's from south India as well...I don't know, I'm confused...I just wish I knew what was going on in his head.

LISTEN TO WHAT YOU ARE HEARING ON THIS THREAD...DO NOT, WE REPEAT, DO NOT GIVE ANY MORE TIME TO THIS MAN...Seriously, this is not sounding good at all...please listen to us because some sort of psychic alarm bells are going off for a lot of us.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:10 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
why not ask yourself what you really want from the man within or outside of context of marriage what do you hope that he will provide to you. what are the expectations that you have. then discuss that ---rather than the act of marriage.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:28 PM

530 posts, read 780,015 times
If he has done anything you find SCAREY when he lost his temper.....PLEASE wait, PLEASE!!! Trust me on this experience is talking here. At the very least if you stay with (hoping you don't) don't be isolated where you know no one with him give it some time for everything that temper does NOT improve it will only get worse. You should feel secure and protected by your man not afraid...ever!

Old 12-30-2009, 07:32 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
This...
Quote:
I'm 21, a virgin,
...does not readily reconcile with this:

Quote:
I'm 21 & I shaved for my ex because he wanted me to...it was the 1st time that I did it, not to mention that it itched & burned like hell for a few days afterwards. I remember one time before sex, I had let it grow back & he was petrified...now I try to keep it trimmed for the most part...but it still kinda bothers me a little...

Old 12-30-2009, 07:46 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
This...
Hmm, interesting!

Old 12-30-2009, 09:12 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
This...
Very observant Drover. Som ting wong!!

Old 12-30-2009, 09:14 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Speaking of observant, now I noticed that he may like them even waaayy younger than she is!

I remember one time before sex, I had let it grow back & he was petrified

Old 12-30-2009, 09:16 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
WW

Old 12-30-2009, 09:53 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Odd indeed.

However, the OP doesn't strike me as the type to troll around on forums?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships