Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 10:41 AM

1,552 posts, read 3,168,835 times

Advertisements

if i was a woman i would want to get married-the whole thing favors them

to start with they usually get an overpriced wedding that no man wants anyway

then the actual marriage is basically a negative freeroll for men-best case you break even
if it doesnt work out-even if its bc the woman cheats the man gets bent over in court

not to mention the traits that most men value in women decrease in women over time while the traits that women value in men increase over time

damn fine deal if your a woman

Old 12-31-2009, 10:45 AM

1,552 posts, read 3,168,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Years ago people looked down on people living together.

"LIVING IN SIN."

Now a days some people have destroyed the walls of society and caused a melt down in the moral makeup this world once had.

We all have an accounting to God. He is the one that instituted marriage. If you are not wanting to keep him in the arrangement then I can understand that it is just a piece of paper to many.

However, you have to realize most marriages fail when starting off with the "live in" "try it out first" mentality.

When we buy a home we don't live in for a few years first. We check it out and make a commitment when we buy.

Lock in and work to make it a home of your dreams.

the reaosn more marriages fail when people live otgether first is those people are more realistic about life
they arent going to stay in some garbage marriage for 30 year for the sake of being married

Old 12-31-2009, 10:50 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
women should honestly think of what they want from this man what they honestly expect to get from him. lay the idea of marriage aside and concentrate on what they want.
never use marriage to manipulate these things from him at a later time, tell him up front-- is he willing to provide them here and now? you might be delighted by the answer.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:51 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,327,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlefty23 View Post
if i was a woman i would want to get married-the whole thing favors them

to start with they usually get an overpriced wedding that no man wants anyway

then the actual marriage is basically a negative freeroll for men-best case you break even
if it doesnt work out-even if its bc the woman cheats the man gets bent over in court

not to mention the traits that most men value in women decrease in women over time while the traits that women value in men increase over time

damn fine deal if your a woman

Ahh....and the bitter generalizations continue!

Hey, if you don't want to get married then DON'T.....don't buy the cow, don't drink the milk and don't suck the t*ts!! No one cares! Believe me, there are more women out there that don't want to buy the jacka** than you think! We would just rather you carry our load around on your burrowed backs until our stallion comes along! Oh..but I'm generalizing aren't I? (sorry)

Old 12-31-2009, 10:58 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Ahh....and the bitter generalizations continue!

Hey, if you don't want to get married then DON'T.....don't buy the cow, don't drink the milk and don't suck the t*ts!! No one cares! Believe me, there are more women out there that don't want to buy the jacka** than you think! We would just rather you carry our load around on your burrowed backs until our stallion comes along! Oh..but I'm generalizing aren't I? (sorry)
Hi seeniorita,

Occasionally a vehicle will run a stop light. However most people do not go through life with an exception based reality. The reality is women want to spend more money on weddings than men do. Lets not forget the ring. There are exceptions as in the case with my wife. However I know what I am doing. Seducing women is much cheaper.

Average Wedding Cost $20,398 - Typical Wedding Budget Almost Fifty Percent Less
On average, US couples spend $20,398 for their wedding. However, the majority of couples spend between $15,299 and $25,498 while their wedding budget is typically 50% less than the amount spent. This does not include cost for a honeymoon or engagement ring. Understanding average wedding cost now can help you with your wedding budget later.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:59 AM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
per OP
there are some good women on this thread that dont want marriage attacked, considering it is already in big trouble. i will respect that. but the alarming statistics indicate that blindly entering a a legal contract bek someone is pressuring you to do so-- is not wise. i have not spoken to anyone ever-- that was satisfied with a divorce settlement, male or female. my advice to any young man is know the law b4 you marry-- dont find out after-- like most of us. never never sign a contract w/o reading it first. the priest does not have the contract, you have to go to a lawyer to find out what that contract is in your state. in my own, we have a frankenstein marriage of 2 laws, we got community property, that law coupled with credit revision law, means another human being can assign you debt, without your signature, against your will, and without your application for the line of credit. you are 100% responsible for this debt while married and usually end up paying 100% of it if you divorce.
Then you see why some people, even good women, might see danger signs? Not sure how it is an attack if you question something that can really end up biting you. I'm talking legal issues like you listed above, not the traditional or religious components. No one cares if people state their commitment in a personal ceremony, it's the gov't interference, pressure and tricks that taint the whole thing. It's very unfortunate to get married and not know your legal responsibilities but few people even bother and They don't want you to know.

Old 12-31-2009, 11:10 AM

2,794 posts, read 3,678,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi danielpalos,

You are reaching too much. You need to say it in a few ways. What you mean to say, I think, is how would it be perceived if a woman is using a man for sex?

Again, repeat their ulterior motives. Are you saying once a woman is materially satisfied, her motives change?
I re-wrote it so it is more readily recognizable as a response to that specific post. Can you provide any insight?

Would men be perceived as sex-obsessed jerks, if it were normal and customary for women to use men for sex until the man wants a relationship?

Would women be perceived as money-hungry whores, if they could apply for unemployment compensation that meets or exceeds US poverty guidelines if they are naturally unemployed?

Old 12-31-2009, 11:15 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,327,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi seeniorita,

Occasionally a vehicle will run a stop light. However most people do not go through life with an exception based reality. The reality is women want to spend more money on weddings than men do. Lets not forget the ring. There are exceptions as in the case with my wife. However I know what I am doing. Seducing women is much cheaper.

Average Wedding Cost $20,398 - Typical Wedding Budget Almost Fifty Percent Less
On average, US couples spend $20,398 for their wedding. However, the majority of couples spend between $15,299 and $25,498 while their wedding budget is typically 50% less than the amount spent. This does not include cost for a honeymoon or engagement ring. Understanding average wedding cost now can help you with your wedding budget later.
Gwynedd,

I am sure the majority of those figures were spent by the bride's parents so I don't understand why this is an "assumed" cost to the man. In some cases, couples do pay for their own weddings.

My husband and I spent nowhere NEAR these amounts for our wedding so yes, in addition to you & your wife, there are exceptions. I don't like how some of the men on here are making it out like women are just money-hungry, gonna-get-fat, never-want-sex vultures who want to pressure men into marriage.

Old 12-31-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
I re-wrote it so it is more readily recognizable as a response to that specific post. Can you provide any insight?

Would men be perceived as sex-obsessed jerks, if it were normal and customary for women to use men for sex until the man wants a relationship?
I suppose not but the animal world is full of coy females because of the comparative reproductive investment. Males will always be the relative horn dogs until we go the way of the seahorse.

Quote:
Would women be perceived as money-hungry whores if they could apply for unemployment compensation that meets or exceeds US poverty guidelines if they are naturally unemployed?
Surely not. I think once women reach a threshold of material for their social economic class they will seek male commitment, intelligence drive, and physical attractiveness etc. Otherwise old men with money would have all the young women they like. My wife was being chased by a wealthy banker.

Sorry I needled you there, it was just a bit funny...

Old 12-31-2009, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Gwynedd,

I am sure the majority of those figures were spent by the bride's parents so I don't understand why this is an "assumed" cost to the man. In some cases, couples do pay for their own weddings.
Hi seeniorita,

To convince a chap like me, you need a reference.

Quote:
My husband and I spent nowhere NEAR these amounts for our wedding so yes, in addition to you & your wife, there are exceptions. I don't like how some of the men on here are making it out like women are just money-hungry, gonna-get-fat, never-want-sex vultures who want to pressure men into marriage.
We are anecdotes. Do you live in the burbs? I saw it myself. I was extremely hesitant because of that fear and I was not hooking up and getting sex because of my belief. I am sure men who are getting sex are even less willing to take this risk because it does happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships