Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 10:15 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,762,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by socialguide View Post
This is why I think it's best to stay away from friends of the opposite sex if you are interested in dating anyone.
Baloney! Throughout my life I've cultivated friends of both sexes and all age ranges and now enter old age absolutely blessed at having known and been friends with so many. To arbitrarily restrict yourself from personal interaction based on the parameter you evidence in just one sentence is so totally self-defeating. Cheers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 10:28 AM

53 posts, read 101,976 times
Default hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Baloney! Throughout my life I've cultivated friends of both sexes and all age ranges and now enter old age absolutely blessed at having known and been friends with so many. To arbitrarily restrict yourself from personal interaction based on the parameter you evidence in just one sentence is so totally self-defeating. Cheers!
You grow friends, that's interesting. I'm not saying you can't have friends, or even contact or hang out with them, however the circumstances and context should be altered or at least taken into partial consideration. Does it turn you on when you show up for a date and the person you are interested in is having a 1 on 1 conversation with some hot somebody else that they claim is just their friend? A serious relationship should involve thought and action or inaction with direct regards to the emotions of whom you are interested in, this works both ways. If you take no consideration and plan on just informing the other side that your "just friends" it doesn't give much merit or basis for the person to trust you based on just words. Social interaction is and healthy just don't lose sight of your potential partners potential perspective, and sacrafice isn't a controlling factor when you have the option to just walk away.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:43 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,847,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineleith View Post
Why don't you ask her a simple question:

"Why did you say you would be jealous if I got a girlfriend - what did you mean by that?"
I can't rep you anymore...too soon.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Are you a man? Be a man, then, dammit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships