Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 03:31 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm The Supporter View Post
Never mind. If you wouldn't mind me wanting you, and I am not one to care about getting a scolding or not, to send me a real message. I have information that I really want to get to the bottom of. I have a bit of a stubborn streak that is just aching to be satisfied with actual answers.
Isn`t that the reason that you started this thread? To try and receive some feed back, and advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2010, 03:34 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Isn`t that the reason that you started this thread? To try and receive some feed back, and advice?
And there has been some good advice. OP did you read this whole thread and did your brain process the information ?

So what's your thoughts on improving your life ?

Old 01-02-2010, 03:42 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm The Supporter View Post
What does it mean when you know that you have friends who love you, and you also have God there but you feel this relentless pain of loneliness? I guess it's because I'm still single and I absolutely hate being single. I am too bored. Any thoughts.
These feeling happen to everyone! It is part of the human condition.

They will come and go throughout your lifetime.

Even Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane felt those lonely feelings.

And, He knew what it was all about, and what it was in the Hereafter!

Old 01-02-2010, 07:29 PM

152 posts, read 303,596 times
Actually I think the reason why I posted this thread is to ask how to help find a key that goes to my lock. I do know that there is a lot of good advice on here, some of it more comical than the rest, but still there nonetheless. I would like to add that even though I am saddened by my loneliness, I am glad that I can still get advice. Hobbies and things like that only delay everything. I urge all who want to give extremely effective advice to me to look me up on MySpace, Facebook or Bebo.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:32 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
Say yes to everything/everyone that comes your way - you'll never be bored or lonely.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:36 PM

52,273 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Say yes to everything/everyone that comes your way - you'll never be bored or lonely.
LOL, there's a spiritual teacher that I've been reading lately that says we should say "Yes" to life.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:36 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Spinx gives good advice. Would you paint my house ?

Old 01-02-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Spinx gives good advice. Would you paint my house ?
Lol. This isn't the Yes Man. Maybe he is but I'm not. Y'all are silly.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:20 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,116,949 times
From the posts I've read since my last post, I would agree with you sounding depressed. And about learning how to handle a break up. You really need to find you, let you define you, then get a girl. As long as you want someone else to "complete" you, you are setting yourself up for more scene liek your ex with her new guy.

Nobody wants to be responsible for another person's happiness or being their purpose in life. It's way too much responsibility. Think about it like this: if you can't make you happy, how are you going to make anyone else happy?

Old 01-02-2010, 08:38 PM

While you make a valid point I will clarify. It wasn't the break up. I was actually wanting to try and win her back a little later on. However, the fact that I was truly happy with her, and myself at the time when we were together, made it all the more painful when I was listening to her talk about her new beau. She was my first love. As well as my true love. And though the pain was immense then, the feeling of loneliness (more or less) comes from the fact that I see all of these couples. I remember what I had. And the pain of not having that happiness remains. I miss that happiness. I know who I am. I can tell you about what kind of person I am through the email type things on here if you care to. But the absence of that happiness will always be there. Yes, I am holding onto the past, because it's all I have that I know will never change nor leave me. I know a lot about myself because I have spoken to quite a few people in something like therapy. And in turn I have given something like therapy to others as well. I am a listener. I have been told that I am wise, I don't see it. I accept every piece of advice that I have been given but I wish to talk to all of you on a better, more personal level. One that I can't give on this site. I'm sorry on how I am (or might be) coming across. I enjoy the fact that all of you have decided to give me advice though and I thank you very much for it. Y'all really don't know how much it means to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships