Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 09:49 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,587,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
1. Plenty of Fish is free.
2. Many women when they DO write back then get a couple jerks that give them a lot of grief. So many do NOT message back. (Also, some of these gals are getting 50+ messages a week and just dont have the time to write everyone back.)
Plenty of fish is free. which is what makes that site suck it hard. Most of the women on there are either too fat, ugly, and the beautiful ones usually have some extra baggage or a misfiring cylinder or two

Its a lot easier to meet women in public and even that is nearly impossible
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 10:00 PM

37,629 posts, read 46,045,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Plenty of fish is free. which is what makes that site suck it hard. Most of the women on there are either too fat, ugly, and the beautiful ones usually have some extra baggage or a misfiring cylinder or two

Yeah...no decent women on those sites at all.

Hey you just keep on doing what you're doing....and I hope that works for ya.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:22 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,587,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Yeah...no decent women on those sites at all.

Hey you just keep on doing what you're doing....and I hope that works for ya.
maybe in your hometown there are some good looking sane women.

orlando is a very different place. men far outnumber women here

all the good looking women here are taken, nonetheless by jerky abusive men. like i've said before women dont love men, they only love what men provide for them

even if a man is abusive, if he has money, she will stay with him until he dies

Old 01-15-2010, 06:51 AM

302 posts, read 608,156 times
Quote:
Perhaps you may want to choose your words more wisely....since NOT ALL women allow themselves to stay in abusive relationship. When it comes down to it, the truth is that there are some of us women that find our self respect back and decide that the value of life if far more important then anything the abusive man has to offer. Who cares if he has money? Does that buy the safety of her own life? The answer, my friend, is NO!!!

If you truly knew what you were talking about...you would know that if a women stays with an abusive man and he has money...it's because the money was the first thing that attracted her to him. Hence, she was interested in just the $$$ & perhaps will stay with him till he dies.

However, the other scenario is this...she has her own money - he has his "family's" money (trust accounts, inheritances, etc). He convinces her to give up her career...she obliges because she truly loves him. She's so in love with him that at first she doesn't realize what an abusive jerk he is...until she finally see's the light she's now enslaved to him & he's been abusive all this time...she thinking that she deserved it for not making him happy.

She decides that her life has more value then any amount of money. She walks away and refuses to take any of his money. Why, you ask?

Because although money can make life comfortable - it can NOT buy true happiness. I would rather be happy and penny-less, then to take money from some tyrant.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:57 AM

78,471 posts, read 60,666,856 times
Quote:

LOL. That hasn't been my experience.

I didn't like match because they create fake profiles to lure you into signing up and paying them.

There's no rule that says you can't be using, POF, Match, joining organizations AND going out to clubs all at the same time.

P.S. Women can smell a negative attitude about dating a mile away and after the age of 17 or so it's as sexy as speedo's on a fat man.

Old 01-15-2010, 08:03 AM

78,471 posts, read 60,666,856 times
Quote:
maybe in your hometown there are some good looking sane women.

orlando is a very different place. men far outnumber women here

all the good looking women here are taken, nonetheless by jerky abusive men. like i've said before women dont love men, they only love what men provide for them

It's too bad the hot women are only out for money.
Man, that's really shallow of them and only leaves the "ugly fatties" for you!

Are you trying to date strippers or hot club bunnies and then *gasp* coming away disillusioned? You sound like my old college buddy....only wanted to date REALLY hot gals he'd meet in bars. He grew bitter over the parade of head cases, ho's and gold diggers that walked all over him...but it was all self-inflicted.

Old 01-15-2010, 10:39 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,649,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
Here's my beef with people who say it's so easy to just write an email and mention something in their profile. I'd say 35% of the women's profiles I read have nothing interesting to say. It's all cliche, and I find myself not finding anything to ask them about in their profile, because they're so bland/boring that there's nothing to start a conversation about.
If someone couldn't think of anything interesting to write in their profile, then why you are wasting time even emailing them? Most people are terrible at writing about themselves. But if you're going to put a profile on a dating site, at least make it worth reading. Writing a vague, general profile is just as bad as sending a vague, general email. When the people here tell you to find something in their profile worth talking about, what they mean is to talk about something that's of interest to her. For example, if she mentions that she's a huge Jazz fan and so are you, then that's something to build off of. But if she speaks in generalities, then she's obviously not giving you enough to work with, in which case you're best to move onto another profile.

Quote:
There's no rule that says you can't be using, POF, Match, joining organizations AND going out to clubs all at the same time.

P.S. Women can smell a negative attitude about dating a mile away and after the age of 17 or so it's as sexy as speedo's on a fat man.
Exactly. I don't know people treat online dating like it's an either/or proposition. Who says that going online means you have to stop using more traditional methods of meeting someone? That would be like jobhunting and only using online job boards. People who are searching for something, whether it be a date or a job, have far more success employing multiple methods. And you're right about women being able to spot a negative attitude a mile away. Guys think they're being subtle, but they're not. The words you choose or just the tone you say it in speaks volumes.

Quote:
You sound like my old college buddy....only wanted to date REALLY hot gals he'd meet in bars. He grew bitter over the parade of head cases, ho's and gold diggers that walked all over him...but it was all self-inflicted.
IMO, a lot of the people complaining about a lack of response from online dating are just whiners. They can find fault with everyone and everything...except themselves. I go back to the jobhunting analogy. If you're sending out resumes left and right and not getting any replies, do you blame employers for not seeing what a great candidate you are? Or do you take a look at yourself and/or your approach to see if there's something you can improve? I don't have a lot of experience with online dating and I never really had success at it. But one I never did was declare it a useless method of meeting someone nor did I conclude that all the women online weren't worth meeting. I'd reexamine my profile to see if I'm doing a good job describing myself. Am I including things that might be turning off readers? Then I'd look at the people I'm emailing. They might be what I'm looking for, but am I what they're looking for too? If someone spells out their requirements, take them seriously. Don't think you're the one guy who'll be able to change their mind about something. For example, I'm 5'8" and if a woman says she's looking for a guy who's at least 5'10", I won't email her no matter how great her profile. And if someone emailed me even though they didn't match all my requirements, I would be annoyed that they ignored what I said were must-haves.

Old 01-15-2010, 11:03 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,751,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedrock View Post
I was just expressing my frustration I experienced when I tried online dating in the past, and was wondering if other men had similar experiences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500 View Post
Nah, my profile is just fine. I had some luck with it. Also, I had one of the online dating experts look at it. Speaking about the messages. What do you consider a generic? I think when you e-mail someone the first time. All you say is that you saw their profile and you are interested in them. You don't tell your life story right away, ya know. Every now and then I'd ask them a question or two. But at times, I really have nothing to say since I don't know if she is interested in me or not.

One thing that I put on there is that I speak 2 more languages in addition to English. Maybe it's a turn off for midwestern chicks, I don't know. Also, I am 24; I don't know if my age would ruin my chances.

It couldn't be my looks that's for sure. I am 6'2" 180.

Online dating is a wasteland if you're in your 20's. I'm not saying, "Don't waste your time", but accept the situation for what it is: in my area, lots of shy beta men, lots of marines, a handful of fat females and single mommies, and one or two free-thinking weirdo hotties who get bombarded by what passes for "game." There are tons of great women in my area, but you won't find them online.

I believe that women in their 20's see it as an 'admission of failure', while men (wrongly) see it as an easier process.

Last edited by le roi; 01-15-2010 at 11:21 AM..

Old 01-15-2010, 12:26 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,649,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
I believe that women in their 20's see it as an 'admission of failure', while men (wrongly) see it as an easier process.
And those same women reach their 30s and discover meeting men is easy, but meeting quality men is hard. They further realize that going online ISN'T an admission of failure. It's merely a recognition of how difficult it is to meet good people.

Old 01-15-2010, 03:32 PM

37,629 posts, read 46,045,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
And those same women reach their 30s and discover meeting men is easy, but meeting quality men is hard. They further realize that going online ISN'T an admission of failure. It's merely a recognition of how difficult it is to meet good people.
Exactly. And it becomes more and more difficult, as technology makes it easier and easier to do most of our errands from the comfort of our own homes. People simply don't NEED to be "out" as much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships