Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 04:54 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,237,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Do you agree with this statement? I personally have not met a person yet that I would think is physically "ugly". I hear too many times statements such as "truly ugly" or he was so "damn ugly" and I have a hard time imagining what they mean. Yes, there are people who I don't find physically attractive (actually many people), but there aren't any that I would actually call "ugly". I always find something attractive about a person.
I guess it depends on your definition of ugly. Here is the one from dictionary.com:

ug⋅ly  /ˈʌgli/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [uhg-lee]

–adjective, -li⋅er, -li⋅est. 1. very unattractive or unpleasant to look at; offensive to the sense of beauty; displeasing in appearance.

I think I have seen many people who to me are very unattractive and unpleasant to look at, so from that perspective, yes...I have seen (not met) some ugly people in my 44 years on earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 05:19 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,467,041 times
Best. Song. Ever.

Well, not ever, but it does capture the phenomenon of petty jealousy quite well and it happens to fit the theme of this thread.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:21 PM

61,255 posts, read 87,646,713 times
lots of ugly people out--- there are ugly in speech, action and appearance.
is this OP- PC fevor or what?

Old 01-13-2010, 05:46 PM

17,653 posts, read 22,736,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Well, maybe that's it then.

I won't. That's the mathematician in you talking. I am a poet. I see beauty, and you can't stop me.

Roses are Red

Violets are Blue

Sugar is Sweet

& so are You

Old 01-13-2010, 05:48 PM

24,644 posts, read 38,742,257 times
Quote:
Do you agree with this statement? I personally have not met a person yet that I would think is physically "ugly". I hear too many times statements such as "truly ugly" or he was so "damn ugly" and I have a hard time imagining what they mean. Yes, there are people who I don't find physically attractive (actually many people), but there aren't any that I would actually call "ugly". I always find something attractive about a person.
Thank God for women like you........

Old 01-13-2010, 05:53 PM

17,653 posts, read 22,736,133 times
Quote:

I tried to Rep you MaMa My Friend...

Old 01-13-2010, 07:58 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,336,203 times
Quote:
Yes, there are people who I don't find physically attractive (actually many people), but there aren't any that I would actually call "ugly". I always find something attractive about a person.
Quote:
I have a very hard time seeing anyone as ugly. Maybe I'm just not picky.
Is that right? Then how come you didn't marry this guy, for instance, MM? Was the line of women waiting for him too long?

http://www.celebritysmackblog.com/wp...08/06/ugly.jpg

Wow, what a pile of PC BS this thread is! It's so stinky I have to open a window to get some fresh air!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasdrubal View Post
no ugly people actually, only fewer mixed drinks.
Sometimes there aren't enough drinks!

Last edited by cricket_factor; 01-14-2010 at 03:53 PM..

Old 01-13-2010, 08:00 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,420,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Is that right? Then how come you didn't marry this guy, for instance, MM? Was the line of women waiting for him too long?

http://www.celebritysmackblog.com/wp...08/06/ugly.jpg

Wow, what a pile of PC BS this thread is! It's so stinky I have to open a window to get some fresh air!

Sometimes there aren't enough drinks!
I'm sorry that this thread is a pile of BS for you, but this person is obviously has some distortion with the face. If anything, it's sad rather then ugly.

I'm sorry that I just don't think that people are ugly, but that's just me.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:04 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,420,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Something's happened to the folks on this thread, like swine flu or the like.

But it exists outside too.

The one thing I have seen in the West is that people call any person cute or good looking. It's just politically correct junk

Back in the East, you are handsome or you are ugly. Nobody lies to you. And that's fact. Personally, I'd prefer people being honest and not making up baloney <yawn>
Antlered, do I strike you as someone who is politically correct? Trust me, I have said a lot of politically incorrect things here online, I could care less about any of that.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me, hence the point of the thread.

That's why I even started it, I thought maybe it's just me being tolerant towards apperances of others, but that's just how I feel. I can't help it! I don't think of anyone as ugly. I just don't.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:07 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,336,203 times
Quote:
I'm sorry that I just don't think that people are ugly, but that's just me.
So your marrying a good-looking guy is just a pure coincidence?! Anybody else with the same personality would've been just fine?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships