Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 07:18 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,554,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croye22 View Post

Btw, don't have warts.
Really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 07:21 AM

964 posts, read 3,160,777 times
Lol, I knew he was using a figure of speech. I was just joking on that part

Old 01-14-2010, 07:22 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,554,748 times
Quote:
Lol, I knew he was using a figure of speech. I was just joking on that part
Ok good, I worry about some of the posters on here sometimes. LOL.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Yeah lol, I mean I can be dry witted at times, but I like to joke every now and then.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:43 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I took my Thorazine this morning. I'm fine!

Old 01-14-2010, 07:51 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,327,271 times
A big part of being able to be flirtatious with others is not to take everything so literal. Even if you hated the New Moon movie, she wasn't insisting you go see it and what does it hurt to just say "yeah, it seems pretty intense" or something like that. It would also have been the perfect opportunity for you to ask her out again to go see it and joke "You could hold me through the scary parts"

Thinking too much and too literal will kill any opporunity to be flirtatious so lighten up a little. Good luck.

P.S. Please pay my secretary on your way out the door!

Old 01-14-2010, 07:57 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,782,175 times
Quote:
I want to be more assertive and more in charge without trying too be too revolving around myself. What are your suggestions for improvement, or should I really not change myself?

Granted, I don't want to try and be someone I'm not, but I want to be able to leave my comfort zone and be more in control around women
Sounds like you know what you need to do.

You don't get over a fear or expand your comfort zone by intellectual examination.

Go do something you're scared to do. If it doesn't go favorably, that's a good thing because it forces you to realize that you are not going to die if a woman laughs in your face and that there isn't anything wrong with you because of it - just your ham-handed approach due to rank inexperience.

Getting over a fear through attrition, experience and exposure doesn't change who you are, it allows you to be who you are with confidence.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:07 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,327,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
I took my Thorazine this morning. I'm fine!

Capitan.....

Didn't you write THE book on flirting?

Old 01-14-2010, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
A big part of being able to be flirtatious with others is not to take everything so literal. Even if you hated the New Moon movie, she wasn't insisting you go see it and what does it hurt to just say "yeah, it seems pretty intense" or something like that. It would also have been the perfect opportunity for you to ask her out again to go see it and joke "You could hold me through the scary parts"

Thinking too much and too literal will kill any opporunity to be flirtatious so lighten up a little. Good luck.
The New Moon was an example even though the former girl I was interested in was a biig fan of it. But I see what you mean.

Yeah, i think i just need to enjoy myself when talking with girls I like.

Funny thing is that I used to be able to do this easily back in elementary school. I chased after girls all the time, and even though some I didn't get, I still kept on going. Yeah, I think I know what I need to do now like you said jim.

Quote:
P.S. Please pay my secretary on your way out the door!
You'll be missing out if I paid her instead.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:40 AM

44,359 posts, read 20,066,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Capitan.....

Didn't you write THE book on flirting?

He certainly did!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships