Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 09:14 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,267,585 times

Advertisements

Ok...There is all the other la la kindiegarden sweet pea crap about how its so cool to keep ex's as friends...Lets hear the mud people. I know you bitter souls have some shinola to sling down.
__________________________________________________ ___

I've tried it and it never worked out with staying friends with ex's. It was nothing I did. I just keep it to the "stop and chat" if seen in public. I actually find it kinda annoying when any ex tries to contact me personally. I never know what its going to bring in the name of drama I can't control.

Friends as guys...yeh..love dudes. But any male friends I have now are old enough to be my father at least. It seems to keep a buffer zone. In my experience with being friends of guys well sex always comes up. I was friends with a guy for a couple years. He got married and was moving away. I had zero feelings for this guy and thought of him as a little brother. Our last conversation was him asking me if he did not marry his wife if we would of been in a relationship. I was totally caught off guard by that and kinda grossed out. It felt like it cheapened the friendship. Then there was the random pull out the pee-wee by my roomates boyfriend who I was friends with, I cant even count how many guitarist i stopped playing with because they busted a move. That one ticks me off even more because I look at music as work in a way. I swear I can only hang out with jocks because they like tan girls. But I don't have much "friending" to really do with that type as the shared interests are of a small scope.

Maybe we all need something like those dishwasher magnets that say "dirty" and "clean" but for sexual advances. I guess the wedding ring and personal respect are not working anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2009, 09:32 AM

956 posts, read 1,767,897 times
Horny group you had there..

Old 01-17-2010, 10:15 AM

1 posts, read 1,981 times
[url=http://www.rentafriend.com]Rent a Friend - Platonic Friendship Matching Service, Find a Local Friend[/url]

Old 01-17-2010, 10:34 AM

2,179 posts, read 3,405,303 times
If someone is attracted to you sexually, they will always be attracted to you sexually, and the opposite is true, from both sides. Men and women can be friends for the long run; but if one is attracted to the other sooner or later it will get in the way.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:58 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Humble View Post
If someone is attracted to you sexually, they will always be attracted to you sexually, and the opposite is true, from both sides. Men and women can be friends for the long run; but if one is attracted to the other sooner or later it will get in the way.
I disagree. We grow and change all the time, and so do our tastes! The guys I was attracted to sexually in my teens and 20's don't do a thing for me today - except for my husband.

And yes, I am friends with my ex'es and there is NO sexual tension or attraction between us.

Old 01-17-2010, 12:01 PM

37,624 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Humble View Post

Completely untrue. How frightful that would be.

Old 01-17-2010, 02:00 PM

2,179 posts, read 3,405,303 times
Well, I guess it's not always so. I have found it to be mostly true in my life, but then again, I haven't been around many ex-girlfriends from HS or college in about 15 years.

Old 01-17-2010, 04:19 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
What's the purpose in making ex-s into friends that you would want to hang around? I can see having a cordial relationship but ex-s are ex-s for a reason and don't belong in the "friend" category - unless one is very casual about what it means to be a friend. Unless there are kids involved, then it's better to be a little bit friendlier than cordial.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:46 PM

9,762 posts, read 3,416,509 times
I tried to stay friends with my last ex but after a period of time it just didn't seem appropriate anymore so I cut it off. I could tell about 6 months after the relationship ended that we would be able to salvage a friendship out of it. We texted and spoke on the phone but there was always that intimacy like if the circumstances were right, we could pick up where we left off ..so, I broke ties. Too bad, I kind of liked having him around, lol. I guess there was a reason we got together in the first place, right? Even though that reason eluded me for most of our relationship.

Old 01-17-2010, 07:51 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,777,361 times
I tried! One ex couldn't let the relationship go and the current ex wavers between acceptance and rejection of the words "it's over".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships