Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 09:10 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,543,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjl78 View Post
I was thinking malt liquor.
Those were the days when I could drink a cold and refreshing BLUE BULL. My taste graduated from Malt Liquor to Beers (Lagers preferably). Sounds good though, just like some Little Kings right about now!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 09:10 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
I think what the OP is saying is that your college degree isn't what attracts him (and most men) to you. Men don't get wood because a woman went to Harvard. They never have and never will. We as women expect them to be attracted to it because we get aroused when a man went to Harvard. We want them to want what we want, and it doesn't work that way.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:13 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
I think what the OP is saying is that your college degree isn't what attracts him (and most men) to you. Men don't get wood because a woman went to Harvard. They never have and never will. We as women expect them to be attracted to it because we get aroused when a man went to Harvard. We want them to want what we want, and it doesn't work that way.
thank you

Old 01-18-2010, 09:14 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
I have to agree with TVSG on his post. If a lady really wants to attract a guy she should post her credit scores and portfolio balances.

She would have men beating down her door.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:18 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,394,292 times
Quote:
As a guy, I think in my case I would like to know what a woman studied in college because as I said it makes for interesting conversation. Additionally, again in my case, it is a bit of a turn off to learn that a woman I may be interested in either did not/is not going to college or just/is just coasting/ed on through not giving it much thought. In my case, having gone to Harvard or the like, while it is not an automatic turn-on, demonstrates that the person is intellectually curious and not being intellectually curious is a huge turn-off.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:24 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
As a guy, I think in my case I would like to know what a woman studied in college because as I said it makes for interesting conversation. Additionally, again in my case, it is a bit of a turn off to learn that a woman I may be interested in either did not/is not going to college or just/is just coasting on through and not giving it much thought. In my case, having gone to Harvard or the like, while it is not an automatic turn-on, demonstrates that the person is intellectually curious and not being intellectually curious is a huge turn-off.
Like I said, the degree does not give you wood. You agree.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:25 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,543,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I have to agree with TVSG on his post. If a lady really wants to attract a guy she should post her credit scores and portfolio balances.

She would have men beating down her door.
Those too are part of the package, but that information is revealed when you have reached another level in your relationship. Who is going to reveal that information upon their first meeting and why should she post her monetary worth or value on her online profile? Who does that? I think that both are important, but only after we have went beyond the introductory phase.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:28 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,394,292 times
Quote:
Like I said, the degree does not give you wood. You agree.
A degree does not in an of itself give me "wood", but in order for me to get "wood" I need to be interested in a woman, both intellectually and physically. Believe it or not I am not into one night stands anymore, and in order for me to be continually engaging with a woman in a relationship they do have to interest me intelligence wise.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:29 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,237,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I kinda agree with TVSG on this one. She better have her degree in something interesting otherwise I dont really want to hear about it.

Her: "So, I have a degree in Journalism from USC."
Me: "Thats nice. So, lets talk about something interesting"

Her degree better be in marine biology or palentology if she wants to impress with it. If its in communications, journalism, or something similar then it is not worth discussing in detail.

*Bops you on the noggin with a rolled up newspaper*

As a former professional journalist, you'd better believe that I'd find her journalism degree interesting -- the journalism major more than the degree itself. A person's occupation or college major indicates a lot about them. And I wouldn't need to be impressed to contact someone on a dating board, just interested.

I met my late wife on a writers board. But I guess she wouldn't have interested you. You'd have considered her poetry a waste of time.

See, that's exactly WHY women should include college majors/degrees in their profile -- because there are men whom it would interest, and those are the men who the gal would most likely have the most interest. My late wife liked me, the Bohemian/artist/writer, but she'd have had little interest in a biologist or accountant.

I've never posted a profile on a dating site, but if I did I'd want to write it to attract certain women who I'd want to meet, not ALL women. Heck, if I wanted to do that, all I'd have to do is flash my bald head and beer belly and they'd all come running. (Did I really say that?)

Last edited by WyoNewk; 01-18-2010 at 09:37 PM..

Old 01-18-2010, 09:33 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
Those too are part of the package, but that information is revealed when you have reached another level in your relationship. Who is going to reveal that information upon their first meeting and why should she post her monetary worth or value on her online profile? Who does that? I think that both are important, but only after we have went beyond the introductory phase.
Recall the recent thread about the guy who posted the info about his Ferrari and big house on the dating site ?

This would be his sister. She would attract a lot of little boys looking for a mommy figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships