Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2010, 11:26 AM

2,382 posts, read 4,592,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
For the life of me I cannot imagine how someone can not love their own child regardless of the circumstances. How he can take out his bitterness on his own son is beyond me, he sounds like a cold, selfish, heartless ass. I understand this women duped him, but you don't take it out on your child.
Very well said, Coolhand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I won't ever have that problem. I'll induce a miscarriage if I have to...but no woman I'm with will deliver my child.
You know, you've said some really crude things in the past ... but this takes the cake. Wanting the woman you're with to have an abortion or simply not wanting children is one thing; wanting to deliberatly take the life of an unborn child - and risk the health of the mother in the process - is quite another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 11:49 AM

1,413 posts, read 3,047,728 times
My opinion is that I doubt the situation is as black and white as it's being described.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:47 PM

951 posts, read 1,811,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I just wonder how his readiness level changed so dramatically in a year... He just didn't want to marry the first woman. That's about it.
Like many men who are responsible, he was giving the relationship time to see whether it would work out before committing to something permanent. Perhaps she sensed that he was not enamoured with where it was going and tried to force a premature decision. Then later he found the right woman and was now ready for kids.

Too bad she used this to try to entrap him. Just another example of how bad it is for good men now days. All the responsibility and absolutely no control.

I suppose that he could be like me and have no sex with them - since I didn't want them to think I just used them. Of course, then he would be at best be considered "odd" and perhaps far worse.

Face it guys. You can't win!

Old 01-26-2010, 12:59 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,327,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
Like many men who are responsible, he was giving the relationship time to see whether it would work out before committing to something permanent. Perhaps she sensed that he was not enamoured with where it was going and tried to force a premature decision. Then later he found the right woman and was now ready for kids.

Too bad she used this to try to entrap him. Just another example of how bad it is for good men now days. All the responsibility and absolutely no control.

I suppose that he could be like me and have no sex with them - since I didn't want them to think I just used them. Of course, then he would be at best be considered "odd" and perhaps far worse.

Face it guys. You can't win!
I call BS! Anytime you CHOOSE to have sex, you should be willing to take on the consequences that come along with it....at least that's what mature adults do. No such thing as trapped. He is a grown man and should know how the brids and bees thing works!

Old 01-26-2010, 01:29 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,816,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Let me see if I understand this, a woman gets an abortion it's her right that she did not want the child, a man does not want to see the child he did not want and he is wrong..

Is there a double standard in there some where?????????

Sounds to me as you ladies want it both ways!!!!!!!!
Hence why men should NEVER trust any woman they intend to do. If they're stupid enough to do that, they're stupid enough to get on the hook for it.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:50 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
Either that or he is that dang selfish. TK... don't have sex if that is how you feel. There is always a risk. Period.
And I would address that risk.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
You might end up serving time for murder or attempted murder.
Doctors don't go to prison for ridding a person of a parasitic growth. Why should I?

Old 01-26-2010, 02:01 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
Quote:
Doctors don't go to prison for ridding a person of a parasitic growth. Why should I?
Try that defense in court and see how it holds up.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Try that defense in court and see how it holds up.
That would assume I'm ever arrested--or tried. Women sometimes have miscarriages, that's just a fact of nature.

Last edited by TKramar; 01-26-2010 at 02:34 PM..

Old 01-26-2010, 02:14 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,305,724 times
Quote:
TKramar, I am sorry for whatever happened in your life to leave you so bitter.

There is good in the world and nothing more good, pure and innocent than a child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships