Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 09:44 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joei View Post
I understand some of you find it hard to grasp...But I know it when I see it. Maybe he wasn't being racially slick...maybe he was just being insensitive.

But my question is, would he have said the same thing to someone who looked just like him? Probably not. So why say it to me?
YES he probably would have....it's called "POLITE CONVERSATION". it's one of the social graces that seperates us from the animals.....

Old 02-03-2010, 09:54 AM

3,085 posts, read 5,240,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
You should see my dance moves.

I'm too damn white, that's for sure.
Keep at it. Soon this will be you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOA-BmBeItM

Old 02-03-2010, 09:56 AM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
To the OP, you think white folks don't get tickets!?!
White women don't.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:03 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,554,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joei View Post
So you think being dark-skinned supposed to turn me on? I happen to be a redbone, sweetheart...
Isn't a redbone a super hot light skinned black girl? And a dark skinned man isn't good enough for you?

You have got to be one of the most conceited people on this forum. Not just from this statement...I've read your other posts. You got all into a huff and crashed your car cuz some guy didn't like you. LMAO.

BTW, I've SEEN Dorrans pic (his real one). I think you'd be singing a different tune if you had too.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:04 AM

1,052 posts, read 1,648,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
Obviously I've no idea what it's like to be black.

However, I do have an idea what it's like to be Scottish.
Everywhere we go, people expect us to be ginger haired, whisky drinking, tight fisted men.
Obviously, we are all name "Jimmy", or "jock".
Our favourite phrase is "och aye the noo!"
We all love a fight.
We all wear kilts all the time, and eat lots of haggis.
We have a certain reputation.

If I'd had $1 for every time somebody's made a statement to me, which could be considered "racist", I'd never need work again.

Yes, there are times when it's annoying, but you just gotta grin and bear it!
You gotta soak it up, and take it on the chin.
Trouble is, nobody laughs at themselves any more.

The whole world is over sensitive to criticism.
I think those are stereotypes...but I like me some gingers and that accent is just so sexy...

And I thought the whiskey drinking and fighting was for the Irish?

But yes..I laugh at myself and it doesn't hurt that I'm Asian, so I can play the "reverse" race card to anyone who accused me of being racist...

Old 02-03-2010, 10:14 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,927,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
I think those are stereotypes...but I like me some gingers and that accent is just so sexy...
They are, but it's what people base their impressions on.
Those are the jokes you're gonna hear, and all the Scottish characters from TV and movies will be reeled out !
look at the stereotypes of blacks, chinese, mexicans, French, or Italians, and that's what people judge them by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
And I thought the whiskey drinking and fighting was for the Irish?
We make Scotch whisky. Note, with no "e".
Anything made outside Scotland can't be called Scotch.
Yes, the Irish also have that stereotype, but they are maybe more associated with Guiness.

The stereotype is that our country is prety much fuelled by it !

Old 02-03-2010, 10:18 AM

3,284 posts, read 3,526,544 times
Quote:

We make Scotch whisky. Note, with no "e".
Anything made outside Scotland can't be called Scotch.
Yes, the Irish also have that stereotype, but they are maybe more associated with Guiness.

The stereotype is that our country is prety much fuelled by it !
Sounds fun! I'm actually planning a 3 or 4 country backpack pub tour with me and a couple buddies and we have Scotland and Ireland on our list. I'll be sure remember this conversation when making my judgements.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:24 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,927,861 times
They do a thing here called "the whisky tour".
You can visit the various distilleries, see how the stuff is made, and sample it.

I gather some of them let you sample the cask strength firewater !!

If you like, PM me nearer the time, and I can get details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Sounds fun! I'm actually planning a 3 or 4 country backpack pub tour with me and a couple buddies and we have Scotland and Ireland on our list. I'll be sure remember this conversation when making my judgements.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:26 AM

3,284 posts, read 3,526,544 times
Quote:
They do a thing here called "the whisky tour".
You can visit the various distilleries, see how the stuff is made, and sample it.

I gather some of them let you sample the cask strength firewater !!

If you like, PM me nearer the time, and I can get details.
That is absolutely what we would want to do. Thanks! We were just going into the trip blind. I will definitely be DM'ing you then.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:27 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,902,601 times
Quote:
However, I do have an idea what it's like to be Scottish.
Everywhere we go, people expect us to be ginger haired, whisky drinking, tight fisted men.
Actually, I thought the ginger hair was Irish.. I prefer dark hair myself though, never went in for the ginger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships