Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2010, 06:02 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,042,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Not all young men are like that. Some are intelligent and quite capable of learning from others' mistakes.
Well, I'm speaking as far as a mass generation of people. My generation (x) and the one after me (Rx) pretty much did nothing.

The generation before me was just awesome (despite their heavy drug use), they would hit the streets and protest at the drop of a hat for anything!!!

But today, we have solders getting blown up over seas only to come home in caskets and all the young people want to do it's sit in some $$M Starbucks with geeky 80's clothes on entertaining themselves over some stupid LisaNova youtube video on their dumb @@S Ipod.

Americans have just lost all sense of basic seriousness in exchange for this entertainment culture. For example, I met women at the mall who was from Israel, she told me how she is a photographer and that she hates talking pictures of American families because they try so hard to smile and make themselves look as if they are happy. This may seem trivial to you but I felt this was important because it just points out how pervasive entertainment, and searching for "the next" pleasure, is infuriating and eroding our once strong rugged culture.

YouTube - Sloppy Drunk LisaNova
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2010, 06:05 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
^Many of us are too busy living life to go protest in the streets. We've got jobs and things to attend to, and don't have the free time.

Old 03-13-2010, 06:23 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,042,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
^Many of us are too busy living life to go protest in the streets. We've got jobs and things to attend to, and don't have the free time.
You got jobs? Riiiiigh.

United States Unemployment Rate

Old 03-13-2010, 06:35 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,597,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
I was on a forum talking to African American women, and women who were from Africa but came here to the states and dated African American men. I take their dating experience as all the proof I need.

Also, when I moved to California, I was able to meet a great deal of Mexican women, and as a African American man myself, I had a few Mexican girls tell me that I was much different then regular African American men. They said something along the lines that I was nice and polite which was something they were not regularly use too; and I agree.

The culture of Africans in America is very antagonistic and confrontational; and it's mostly directed TOWARDS EACH OTHER.
African American men get thrown under the bus too much in this country. I know plenty of African American men who are polite, and have manners( I could be considered African American or Caribbean American, depends on who you ask).
I will not disagree with you that more and more African American need to learn manners, and stop acting like punks. But let's not act like these women are innocent either. I remember coming to this country and several women would comment how "white" I acted, just for having common courtesy!!
Also, the American media is hellbent on showing these mama-boy thugs, on television, as if these are the only type of African American males that exist!!

Old 03-13-2010, 06:47 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
You got jobs? Riiiiigh.

United States Unemployment Rate
One, right now, and I've been invited to go ahead and complete my training for my tax job. I figured I missed the initial class, so I missed the boat on that, but even at this late date, they want me in an office, getting it done. So I guess that's what I'll be doing this weekend when everyone else is busy sleeping. at o-dark-thirty in the morning.

Old 03-13-2010, 07:30 PM

437 posts, read 675,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Oh, the whole thread is useless, no doubt about that. Bitter angry men complaining about how tough their lives are and how unfair the world is to them. The whole thing is a joke.
They have ears yet they can not listen. It's ok though: we're mostly posting for those who read but don't post to drop ideas and new perspectives.

Old 03-13-2010, 07:33 PM

437 posts, read 675,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
LOL. I was just sitting here laughing thinking the same thing. I almost responded to a couple but I figured, nah, I'm talking to a potato. This thread is so full of lies and exaggerations. And they actually believe what they're saying. It's lazy thinking at it's finest. Take it up a couple of notches and you have George Sodini. I was reminded of him the other day in my inbox.

They do keep it entertaining. People pay to see others make fools of themselves and it's free here on City Data. Gotta love it.

Waiting for the shaming language speeches.........
Actually, we're trying to avoid Sodini's. Unfortunately, the attitudes and inability or unwillingness to listen that this thread has displayed are partly what create men like Sodini in the first place.

But you will never understand that and, tragically, we will get more of his kind which scares me.

Old 03-13-2010, 10:00 PM

740 posts, read 1,233,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
You saved yourself some money, there. The only reason I hired one is because Virginia requires the PSA. That had to be laid out in legal language and address certain things. Virginia makes it easy to get divorced in some ways, but a pain in the neck in others. For instance, you have to include that you want to go back to your maiden name. I didn't, originally, but later, when I wanted to, I had to petition the court for permission. Yes, permission to get my original name back. How's that for a little patriarchy?
CA is the same. I figured he wanted the divorce so he could hire the lawyer What killed me was the 6 month waiting period. I understand that some couples might change their mind, but it just made my pension, work permit and residency permits a pain in the butt. I had to fill out all the forms and then change them a year later once the divorce went through. And if you think the DMV is bad, it is nothing compared to the Turkish police foreigners registration system and Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Old 03-13-2010, 10:03 PM

740 posts, read 1,233,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiko View Post
Actually, we're trying to avoid Sodini's. Unfortunately, the attitudes and inability or unwillingness to listen that this thread has displayed are partly what create men like Sodini in the first place.

But you will never understand that and, tragically, we will get more of his kind which scares me.
Sad thing with this thread is neither side is listening or engaging in a reasoned debate with the other side except our Welsh buddies (Brawyn (sp?) and Gwynned (sp?) - took a guess that they are Welsh names, could be wrong).

Old 03-14-2010, 01:21 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,858,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoidmary View Post
Sad thing with this thread is neither side is listening or engaging in a reasoned debate with the other side except our Welsh buddies (Brawyn (sp?) and Gwynned (sp?) - took a guess that they are Welsh names, could be wrong).
What's to debate? I have my experiences and observations. At times, women posting on this site have tried to deny that they occurred. This isn't debate, just sophistry. Other than that, there:
1) is a lot of shaming language going on.
2) women trying to convince us that their relationship monopoly powers are good for us and we need to continue to jump at the opportunity for more.
3) a really desperate fear that the cats out of the bag and it will be very painful to put it back.

I suppose that after 4 decades of being supported by largely bogus academic research from the women's studies programs, its a little difficult to come up with good, well reasoned arguments now that men are finally catching on and fighting back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships