Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 11:35 AM

2,702 posts, read 6,027,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
She seems confused. Isn't she like in her early 20s or something?
Anyway, on the grand scheme of things I do agree with you.

She put out a lot of teasing from her side with all the "sexting" (it's not safe by the way, she now needs to be careful, because the guy can spread their entire conversations throught out the country).
Now, she just needs to figure out what she wants.
I'm 21 & I admit that it takes 2 to tango...I did kinda fall for what he was saying to me, it's something that I'd never experienced before...because of that, well...the rest is history. Needless to say, now I know.

Old 02-23-2010, 11:39 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,378,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
I'm 21 & I admit that it takes 2 to tango...I did kinda fall for what he was saying to me, it's something that I'd never experienced before...because of that, well...the rest is history. Needless to say, now I know.
Well, I figured this much. It's okay, girl. Many have and many will. Like my mother used to say: "men love with their eyes, women love with their ears". You may not have felt attraction towards him physically, but once he started whispering sweet little things in your ear (even if it was just through texting and phone calls), your feelings for him changed.
Don't be too hard on yourself, learn from your experience and move on.

Old 02-23-2010, 11:41 AM

2,702 posts, read 6,027,050 times
Quote:
Well, I figured this much. It's okay, girl. Many have and many will. Like my mother used to say: "men love with their eyes, women love with their ears". You may not have felt attraction towards him physically, but once he started whispering sweet little things in your ear (even if it was just through texting and phone calls), your feelings for him changed.
Don't be too hard on yourself, learn from your experience and move on.
Thanks for your encouragement. It means a lot more than the hurtful things some of the other posters on here were saying...

Old 02-23-2010, 11:59 AM

740 posts, read 1,232,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
Thanks for your encouragement. It means a lot more than the hurtful things some of the other posters on here were saying...
My dear, if a person claims that they never did something stupid or used bad judgment when they were young I will think 1) they are lying 2) they are going to do it when they are older and should be wiser. You did something not-so-smart and have realized it and that is pretty much what life is all about.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:23 PM

118 posts, read 139,098 times
LOL, teenagers. Brings back memories. Anyways, when you decide to let a guy pop you make sure he wraps up. I got a girl pregnant at 15 and had a child by 16 all because I was too selfish to use a condom. I don't regret my child but the course of my life changed dramatically and if you don't want this to happen to you make sure he goes in protected.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:27 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,111,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Trying to see if you can have sex without any attachments is probably not the best of ideas for someone who's a virgin. That's like trying to see if you can ride a bike with no hands when you still have training wheels on.
To the OP: Print this out and tape to your bathroom mirror, your bedroom mirror and your car's rearview mirror and read it out loud everytime you see it.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:01 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,028,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
Haha, you completely took that the wrong way! I mean that just giving away that part of you doesn't make that part of you unique anymore. I don't mean the whole person. I guess I could have explained it better. My bad!

For most virgin women, myself included, we're virgins for a reason--usually for religious and/or cultural reasons. When you lose that in a not-so-traditional way, you're also losing a virtue you've lived with your whole life. It's those unique virtues that everyone holds that make us who we are. Giving one away for no good reason (like sleeping with someone just to sleep with them, even though you know full well that's all they want) will also cause that virtue to disappear.

What I'm saying does not apply to people who do not value abstinance. I suppose the OP knows what I'm talking about. For most people, we're odd. To us, we're normal.
I'm against the bolded. Sorry, for jumping down your throat! I was feeling a little feisty last night.

I should note that I am not for casual sex.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:09 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,175,810 times
Quote:
Even if this woman performed all other things prior, it makes a difference in some men's eyes that she hasn't been entered in before.
This may be true, but I would wager that most men who make a big deal of virginity come from a very traditionalistic perspective regarding gender and gender roles, and I bet that these men often take positions and hold view points that are in many ways very hostile toward women. If I was woman I would run away from guys who make a big deal of virginity -- every guy I have met who was that way either had a Neanderthal view of women, was uber-religious, or was just a "cherry poppin'" player.

I don't think a hook up would necessarily be a bad way for a person to lose their virginity. As a matter of fact, I think it could be good in many ways, especially if the whole virginity thing becomes a hang-up. It would provide an opportunity to get the stress, pressure, and nervousness about the first time over with, and then enable the person to work on developing a healthy and active sex life.

But it should be done with a nice, appreciative guy who's going to treat you kindly...and not a jerk.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:09 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,338,510 times
Quote:
I'm against the bolded. Sorry, for jumping down your throat! I was feeling a little feisty last night.

I should note that I am not for casual sex.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:44 PM

202 posts, read 484,332 times
Quote:
Whoa whoa whoa. So you're saying that having an intact hymen makes a person unique? Nowhere else to go? So all non-virgins are running into brick walls?

I don't think virginity makes anyone better or worse at all! There is a massive area between virgin and super s k a n k.Besides, I do believe it's what inside that matters more than what's between a girl's legs!

I'm glad someone said it. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships