Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 10:12 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times

Advertisements

women have always made the 1st move they alway have been and continue to be in the drivers seat bek they understand being subtle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2010, 12:18 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Yes, I agree with you, it is your opinion. Everything depends on what the definition of "first move" is...but assertive is good...aggressive is scary.
Again, a real and confident man can deal with an aggressive women if it ever happens. You don't see many overly aggressive women unless they've had to much to drink.

Old 02-28-2010, 12:56 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,643,526 times
Quote:
Yes, I agree with you, it is your opinion. Everything depends on what the definition of "first move" is...but assertive is good...aggressive is scary.
But you seem to think the mere act of a woman giving you her number qualifies as aggression. To me, that's not aggressive at all. That's just showing initiative. Women always say they find confidence attractive. Most men I know say the same thing about women. If a woman comes up to me and, assuming she's not drunk, gives me her number or asks me out for a cup of coffee, that tells me she's a confident woman. It doesn't necessarily mean I'll call or go out with her. But I wouldn't categorize her as an aggressive woman, just one who's direct.

Old 02-28-2010, 01:12 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
I'm all for either side making the first move. Lot's of people are wimps when it comes to this so if you are going to be all coy about things or play games your might not get anywhere. Nobody has a darn thing to loose by making a move.

Old 02-28-2010, 01:15 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,407,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
But you seem to think the mere act of a woman giving you her number qualifies as aggression. To me, that's not aggressive at all. That's just showing initiative. Women always say they find confidence attractive. Most men I know say the same thing about women. If a woman comes up to me and, assuming she's not drunk, gives me her number or asks me out for a cup of coffee, that tells me she's a confident woman. It doesn't necessarily mean I'll call or go out with her. But I wouldn't categorize her as an aggressive woman, just one who's direct.

Why are you sitting there telling me that my perception of what was aggressive was wrong? I perceived it as aggressive and it turned me off. Surely I have the right to do what I please?

Being aggressive/assertive whatever the term is...works for many women with many different types of guys. I, personally, don't like it done to me. But why I don't like it personally done to me doesn't need to be said, cuz it wouldn't further any conversation on here.

Can't we just drop it. I'm allowed to dislike things.

Old 02-28-2010, 01:25 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,399,226 times
Quote:
Why are you sitting there telling me that my perception of what was aggressive was wrong? I perceived it as aggressive and it turned me off. Surely I have the right to do what I please?
We're all very curious because your perception of what qualifies as aggression in a woman seems extreme to us. I don't think anyone said you aren't entitled to your opinion.

So, to put words in your mouth...if an aggressive woman is one who gives you her number. I'd guess that an attractive girl for you would be one who sits at home waiting for you to knock on her door?

Old 02-28-2010, 01:36 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,407,619 times
This isn't worth debating since it is just my opinion.

Old 02-28-2010, 01:52 PM

146 posts, read 371,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
Isn't that pretty much typical of guys whether you approach them or they approach you?
lol! your right..

Old 02-28-2010, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Hmm. I'd have made the assumption that you picked me out over other guys for some reason--and wouldn't "worry" about the fact that you approached me. Of course, I don't let it progress to sex very quickly, as I require some time to get to know and trust the person--a few weeks, at least.
That's open minded of you, but not all guys are like that. Your one in Mil

Old 02-28-2010, 02:01 PM

DennyCrane "This is a ridiculous claim. If a woman approached me first, I would not be wondering whether she's like this with every other guy. IMO, this is a mistake that too many women make. They worry too much about what the guy will think of him instead of just doing what they think is best."

I have been told more than by men that taking the lead with men have actually turned out to be a bad move because it is generally men who like to take control of a relationship on any level. Although your reaction is appreciated, it is not the norm with all men. If a women shows early on that she capable to control a man, or anything, some men back off and feel that the women is not trustworthy or even to dominant and the relationships do not progress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships