Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 10:40 AM

1,089 posts, read 2,399,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Yes, that happens. But in this case, they already had plans to go to a movie as friends. He's simply rescheduling and already planned event and adding something to it. Because it was just a friend thing, she has no idea he's planning to pick up the tab. btw if she isn't interested and she plans to pay anyway, if she has any decency, she won't let him pay for her.
True, in fact it sounds like she planned on paying, or at least going dutch: "She asked me to come."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 11:37 AM

37,618 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
Aren't you guys ignoring the fact that many women will go out on a 'date' even if they have zero interested in a guy, just so they can get a free meal?
You must know a lot of desperate and poor women. I've never spoken to a female, IN MY LIFE, that would do this. And I've been around awhile.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:38 AM

404 posts, read 701,709 times
As has been said here, the matter is not just asking her out. The matter is making her notice you are going out with her BECAUSE you are interested in her, not just going out to spend the evening. I've had girls feel ackward because "they didn't know this was a date". It happened even when I took a girl to dance salsa.

I guess the key to avoid ackward situations is that she knows of your interest BEFORE the date, but I'd like to know how we are supposed to make it obvious yet smooth...

Old 03-01-2010, 12:08 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,399,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You must know a lot of desperate and poor women. I've never spoken to a female, IN MY LIFE, that would do this. And I've been around awhile.
No, I just read a lot of comments from women on this forum

Old 03-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,170,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
d00d, if you misread this it's going to be Creepster City. You'll look like Lenny from Of Mice and Men. "You got purty hair, I wanna touch your purty hair. Look George, I'm touching her purty, purty hair."

Just ask her out on a fancy date and pull out the works. She'll get the hint. Then she can let you know she isn't into you, if she's not into you.
not creepy if you do it right. dont start by grabbing her ass. just do something simple like hold a door open, then when you are step through to rejoin her at her side put her arm around her resting your hand above her hip. she'll react somehow but unless shes a nutcase she not gonna yell at you in public or anything.

Old 03-01-2010, 03:23 PM

1,237 posts, read 3,449,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post

No kidding! I would never agree to a date for a free meal (plus I ALWAYS offer to pay or go dutch).

There are plenty of free things the OP could do that would constitute a date. But as someone mentioned, him making the gesture of paying really brings home that it is a date. Hell it could be $5 at subway. Doesn't have to be a 5 star restaurant and lavish night on the town!

Old 03-01-2010, 05:23 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
I had arranged to meet a woman I met recently to see a movie at the weekend. However neither of us could make it.

It wasn't really a date as such, but she wanted to see Avatar really badly, so she asked me to come.

How do I move this from friends to more?
Do what every other guy on the planet does. Take her out for drinks. Kiss her and see what happens.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:42 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,084,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
I had arranged to meet a woman I met recently to see a movie at the weekend. However neither of us could make it.

It wasn't really a date as such, but she wanted to see Avatar really badly, so she asked me to come.

How do I move this from friends to more?
OK ...so somehow you got across that you were going to see Avatar, and SHE asked you if she could go with you? The way you put it, it's kinda confusing but that seems to be the way it went down...you didn't go, and without even this initial date under your belt..you're looking to ramp it up...

It's weird because you say YOU arranged it, and later say SHE asked you.

How did you MUTUALLY arrive at not being able to make it...why do I get the feeling it's like she broke the date and you agreed so that's your idea of both of you not being able to go?

I get kinda worried when I think I might see a male trying to rationalize away a rejection to some sort of mutual agreement to break a date.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:54 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,084,618 times
And it's so weird to see 4 pages of assumptions going forward with such miniscule data.

A date didn't even occur.

The guy posted this 2 hours ago and hasn't elaborated. Yet gone on to post in other threads.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:01 PM

1,823 posts, read 1,882,017 times
Avatar ..hmm .. ask her u could be one for her ! .. oh yea also ..u can dress like a tooth fairy and climb up to her window ..show her the movie ticket and vanish in thin air .. man there are plenty of ask the girl out tricks ! ..best is to simply ask the girl out minus the trick hehehe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships