Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 10:55 AM

3,301 posts, read 11,724,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundRockinite View Post
Thanks for the input everyone. Let's go with a hypothetical name of "Gina", and I call her on the phone.

"Hi Gina! I would like us to have dinner at the 'San Jose' Mexican restaurant tonight. I would like you to wear a short black mini skirt with heals, and a smile, and I'll pick you up at 7:00 pm."

How's that one?
Um.....no. "Challenging" doesn't mean "commanding". It just means don't be overly passive, predictable, or compliant. Have your own mind, express your opinions, don't be afraid to call me on my bulls*** (doing this without coming off as a jerk can be tricky, be careful), and be intellectually stimulating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 10:59 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,635,284 times
I can see how it could be either negative and positive, depending on what the woman is really thinking. Personally I wouldn't want to be in a relationship that seemed to be some kind of contest in which both partners feel like they constantly have to prove that they're at least equal or even better than one another in some way. I've read those words in online dating sites when a woman is describing herself and I think you'd have to actually meet the woman and get to know her before you could really understand what she's trying to say.

Old 03-14-2010, 11:22 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,795,101 times
Quote:
Thanks for the input everyone. Let's go with a hypothetical name of "Gina", and I call her on the phone.

"Hi Gina! I would like us to have dinner at the 'San Jose' Mexican restaurant tonight. I would like you to wear a short black mini skirt with heals, and a smile, and I'll pick you up at 7:00 pm."

How's that one?

Okay, I am beginning to think you don't really want help at all - you are just messing with people for laughs, right?

Old 03-14-2010, 12:55 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,216,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Okay, I am beginning to think you don't really want help at all - you are just messing with people for laughs, right?
Afraid not, LM...

Old 03-14-2010, 01:15 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,332,108 times
Quote:

How's that one?
Challenge Me?

Perhaps she meant to a spelling bee?

Old 03-14-2010, 01:41 PM

52,309 posts, read 52,777,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Challenge Me?

Perhaps she meant to a spelling bee?
Hopefully she meant a beer drinking contest.

Of which I just might win.

Old 03-14-2010, 02:37 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,990,690 times
Quote:
Is the following an example of a "challenge" scenario?

Me: What route do you take to work every day?
Her: Oh, well I take route 123 loop every day.
Me: Well, that route doesn't seem very efficient. Do you think I-234 would be faster?
Her: Wow, I haven't thought about that. I will try it tomorrow!

Good?
No.

Old 03-14-2010, 02:39 PM

549 posts, read 1,931,086 times
It means they want you to be able to say the magic word - no.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:39 PM

104 posts, read 546,001 times
Default Interested in specifics

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
With the latest reply I was trying for the "James Bond" role as another poster mentioned.

I am very much interested in a relationship and so I will not try that line.

One thing I do not want to do is "pretend" to be someone else because that can be tough to keep up with.

From what I understand women need to grow comfortable with their man over time. They want their senses stimulated, to experience new and exciting things.

I really don't know at this point if I have enough "social" energy to date. So far it's been horrible. I would like to just be myself and hope to attract the right partner to me. I do know that I can do better with planning dates and dress well.

From what I read and heard the top two things women want are guys who are tall and funny. I'm only 5'5" tall and so I can't change that unless I get some stilts. I have some books on how to be funny and speak better so I can read those and practice.

Time is flying by though. Of all the challenges in my life dating is light years ahead of anything else. I see couples all over the place though and so this is why I need help.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:53 PM

3,301 posts, read 11,724,065 times
Quote:
One thing I do not want to do is "pretend" to be someone else because that can be tough to keep up with.

From what I understand women need to grow comfortable with their man over time. They want their senses stimulated, to experience new and exciting things.

I really don't know at this point if I have enough "social" energy to date. So far it's been horrible. I would like to just be myself and hope to attract the right partner to me. I do know that I can do better with planning dates and dress well.
Don't pretend, there's no good result from that. Get comfortable with yourself, like yourself, and let someone see that. Bond (and other guys like that) are hot because they're confident and comfortable with themselves. If you have interests or passions, you'd be new and exciting to someone out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships