Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 03:17 PM

454 posts, read 689,028 times

Advertisements

Give us a solution. Give us alternatives. Some of you say that we who 'go crazy' over someone not responding to a text or call have low self-esteem, and that the reason why is us, us, us.

So my question, give us an alternative. If you've gone out with someone just a couple of times...you're not trying to force it anywhere, you're just been chill and relax. You're not making any heavy demands, right?

Right. So when someone starts coming up with different excuses at the last second when they ask you out, how is one not to be a bit upset about it? Also, would you just sit back and take everyone of the excuses as they come?

Oh this, oh that...next week, its something else. I let something like that go on for weeks one time. So now, the moment it happens...I already know whats up. Its not the cancel part, its the fact that its last minute, with no counter-offer for when else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 03:25 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,385,704 times
- Accept that nobody is owed anything. He probably doesn't like you, or doesn't care for a relationship.

Old 03-18-2010, 03:26 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,678,492 times
Don't worry about it; you are young and will grow out of it. Eventually you might feel a little disappointed, but you'll move on easily. You'll understand that if he doesn't contact you, the guy just doesn't like you all that much. And you'll understand that his continuing to contact you would only be a waste of your time.

Old 03-18-2010, 03:28 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,192,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joei View Post
Its not the cancel part, its the fact that its last minute, with no counter-offer for when else.
Uhm, that's pretty obvious to me that there isn't going to be another date.

Old 03-18-2010, 03:37 PM

yeah but all the while this person is passively cancelling (I say passive because there was no invite)....they said they wanted to see me.

Some of you are being unduly negative. I dont think it always means they dont want me, or they dont want to see me.

1 thing I realize here, is immediately when a poster mentions someone not calling or txting, you go right into "its your fault" or "he's not that into you".

How can you say that? He's not that into me but he had his tounge down my throat on the last date...and he texted me and told me how much he enjoyed our time together afterwards?

Be a bit more open-minded here...

Old 03-18-2010, 03:41 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,192,758 times
But you say this happens to you a lot so there has to be some connection here. Be a little more open minded to that.

Old 03-18-2010, 03:43 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,385,704 times
Well everything has a cause.

So there must be some reason why he would do that. if he is really into you, then he shouldn't dither. it makes no sense otherwise.

I reckon he may have cold feet, or is anxious. Other than that, perhaps he is screwing you around. It may sound negative, but there is no rational explanation that I can see.

Confront him as to why he acts this way, at least then you would have a reason, and can have peace of mind then.

Last edited by samston; 03-18-2010 at 03:52 PM..

Old 03-18-2010, 03:48 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,668,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joei View Post
Give us a solution. Give us alternatives. Some of you say that we who 'go crazy' over someone not responding to a text or call have low self-esteem, and that the reason why is us, us, us.

So my question, give us an alternative. If you've gone out with someone just a couple of times...you're not trying to force it anywhere, you're just been chill and relax. You're not making any heavy demands, right?

Right. So when someone starts coming up with different excuses at the last second when they ask you out, how is one not to be a bit upset about it? Also, would you just sit back and take everyone of the excuses as they come?

Oh this, oh that...next week, its something else. I let something like that go on for weeks one time. So now, the moment it happens...I already know whats up. Its not the cancel part, its the fact that its last minute, with no counter-offer for when else.
It is understandable to be upset, but realize that it's not going to change anything or make it better. The best solution I could come up with is a) don't contact that person and b) don't commit to doing anything with that person.

The fact that you write down the rant may get it out of your system, and you can go back to not worrying yourself about it.

For example, with my thing--I was just going to go ahead and go by myself at the next opportunity, but the tax office BEGGED me to come sit at a desk this year, just so they could be fully manned, because someone quit on them. All I had to do is pass a knowledge test, which I passed with flying colors. Five years of experience will do that for you. So I can do my taxes with their software for free anyhow, instead of having to go to Tax-Aide to get them e-filed.

Old 03-18-2010, 03:51 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,425,681 times
If I were a dude, I would NOT want to go out with you. And yes, it's personal.

Guys don't like girls who obsess over every little detail.

I know you don't think it's YOU, but if you're so convinced, how come you still don't know the answer to your relationship problems?

Old 03-18-2010, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
But you say this happens to you a lot so there has to be some connection here. Be a little more open minded to that.
I think its the system. The online dating system I'm not saying this happens everytime, but it happens more often that not. But too...it happens from gyms, nightclubs and bars too, but thats a whole other topic.

There seems to be this 3rd date 'hurdle' that I always go through. We do the 2 dates, everything seems great and then it either dies immediately or it slowly grinds to a halt...much frustration and confusion (and texting) in the process.

Its like, are you seeing someone else? Are you just not ready to go to the next step (which minds you...a 3rd date is NOT a next step on my book. Its simply a number of times we've made plans and stuck to them...which I find they cant do after date 2) Or is it really me just trippin?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships